Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 50920 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Set-up Phase
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2010, 02:48:00 pm »

Jokerman-EXE, Cabal Healer of Earth has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!

At least you tried.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Set-up Phase
« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2010, 07:51:56 pm »

The crowd roars as the final two Duelists enter the arena.

From the north comes Criptfeind. Blue runes glow on the stone beneath his feet, leaving a visible trail behind him as he makes his way to the starting circle. With great fanfare he pulls out his wand and gestures at the runes on the ground. Tall spikes of earth erupt, blue energy crackling around them.

Toaster arrives riding a great wave that crashes around his starting circle and breaks over him. Mist sprays up, obscuring his location. It dissipates moments afterwards, leaving him standing in the middle of his circle. A great Garnet rune glows at his feet, and the sloshing water rises up to form an animate wave.

With a burst of color and sound the Marshal signals for the final duel to begin.

Criptfeind starts it off, stone spikes shattering and spraying the arena with shrapnel. The wave of water interposes itself, absorbing the shards, and then crashes down around the blue wizard. Battered by water and rock he staggers backwards.

With a snap of his wand Criptfeind counter-attacks. A cracking roar fills the arena as a great rift opens up beneath Toaster’s feet. The garnet mage leaps to the side, but his safety is fleeting. With another wave of his wand Criptfeind shatters the ledge his opponent rests on and sends him down into the crack. He motions again, and the floor begins to close. A great geyser of water explodes from within the fissure, and you can see a sliver of red amongst the waves. The blue mage is swept from his feet as the deluge crashes over him.

Both mages stagger to their feet, robes sopping and hats flopped upon their heads. Blue runes appear on the wet rock, and with a groan the floor begins to heave. Toaster quickly summons a cushion of water and floats upwards away from the ground. The blue mage stabs with his wand and a spike of earth stabs up at his opponent, only to fall a few inches short as the column of water rises ever higher. Garnet runes flash, and a spear of ice shatters at Criptfeind’s feet.

As he raises his arm to protect himself from the slivers of ice another spear knocks the hat from his head. A stab of the wand, and the spike of earth surges upwards again, knocking the garnet mage tumbling down the column of water to thump against the arena floor.

Stunned, Toaster can do little but raise his hands in horror as the rock spire cracks and collapses on top of him.

Seeing that the duelist is pinned and unconscious, the Marshal of the Games announces the duel over. The healers quickly gather up Toaster and take him off for treatment and Criptfeind marches triumphantly from the Arena to the roars of the crowd.

All Hail Criptfeind, new High Mage of the Realm!!!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2010, 07:53:38 pm »

Cabal Chat
Healing Ward

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:56:42 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #603 on: October 19, 2010, 07:54:16 pm »

Congratulations Criptfeind, you join the few, the proud, the Cabal Grand Masters!

All three of you Cabalites should read the QuickTopic.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 19, 2010, 07:55:47 pm »

Man, me, Frelock, RandomNumberGenerator, and Kashyyk sure played a great scum ga... wait a second.

Meph, wrong Cabal Chat.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 19, 2010, 07:56:08 pm »

Spoiler: Round 1 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 2 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 3 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 4 Actions (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2010, 07:56:52 pm »

Man, me, Frelock, RandomNumberGenerator, and Kashyyk sure played a great scum ga... wait a second.

Meph, wrong Cabal Chat.

Huh. Ok, should be fixed now.
Come play Mafia with us!

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:29 pm »

Hail Criptfeind!

Wow, this took forever... but it was a lot of fun to read. Thanks Meph!

Now.... I can haz paranormal pleeze?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2010, 08:06:19 pm »

I probably won't be starting anything new up for at least another week or two. I've got some other projects taking up my creative energies, and I want to get those out of the way first.

Plus, we'll hopefully have some more activity in this sub-forum by then.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #609 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:13 pm »

That makes a little more sense.  :)  I was trying to figure out why Frelock was lurking (having not been in the game and all)

Now.... I can haz paranormal pleeze?

I'd second this.  Or another Supernatural would be fine.  :)

If I may suggest stronger policies on lurkers?  I'm not sure what exactly, but way too many people are lurking their way through games (there are better examples than this one) and basically killing the subforum (IMO)...  >:( :(
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 19, 2010, 08:14:11 pm »

If I may suggest stronger policies on lurkers?  I'm not sure what exactly, but way too many people are lurking their way through games (there are better examples than this one) and basically killing the subforum (IMO)...  >:( :(
I agree. Something like one max prod per game day; second prod = modkill. Or something. Well, it's a discussion for elsewhere.

I probably won't be starting anything new up for at least another week or two. I've got some other projects taking up my creative energies, and I want to get those out of the way first.

Plus, we'll hopefully have some more activity in this sub-forum by then.
Sad face. ;_;
Hard to increase activity without games, too. But yeah, we'll be ready when you are, Meph.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 19, 2010, 08:20:54 pm »

Yeah.

Harder line on lurkers is needed. Off to read the ward chat.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 19, 2010, 08:30:40 pm »

Really guys?

Sore losers quite a bit. We did not play brilliantly but then who's fault is it we still won? You guys played poorly and lost, no need to bitch about it and about us not taking risks.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 19, 2010, 08:31:55 pm »

Shush you.
I was raging because, quite unfortunately, town did not play to its usual styles, nor took the time to actually look again.
Or something.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 19, 2010, 08:35:59 pm »

Daw.  Congrats Cript!

Hey, we were being evil!  Joker and I were trying to get Cript in the ring so we could assist then NK Leafsnail and have the last duel be the two of us.  Alas, Leaf voted me and there was no way out of the ring.

It's hard to say the cabal is overbalanced when not one got in the ring before there was no way we couldn't, but I still would say it should be tweaked a bit more toward town.  If the forum could support it, I'd say make it 14 players with 3 cabal.  Otherwise, maybe 10/2?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43