Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 51061 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 3 Set-Up Phase
« Reply #450 on: September 28, 2010, 04:00:21 pm »

Brilliant bursts of light from the Marshal’s staff explode throughout the arena as the two combatants make their way to their starting circles.

Lonewolf I strides in from the North. White robes with Blood Red runes embroidered in it flapping around him. When he reaches his circle he draws out a ceremonial dagger and slashes open his palm. As the drops of blood flow down to the ground the hiss and spin, forming cyclones of power that swirl around him.

Solifuge comes in from the South as he did for the first duel. As he reaches his circle he slams his staff against the ground. Salmon runes flare along the ground and then erupt into columns of fire. A strange pinkish glow suffuses the entire arena.

At the Marshal’s signal the two duelists start.

Lonewolf I is the quicker, sending his cyclones spinning off towards his opponent. Solifuge gestures with the coyote staff, and a shield forms around him. The cyclones batter against it, but are quickly dispersed by the crackling runes. As the shields fade the Salmon wizard gestures again with the staff and the towers of fire sink into the ground. Another swing from the staff and a great burst of flame rushes forward. Lonewolf is engulfed by the flames. Sparks of red light flicker and jump from within the flames.

As the fires die down the Red mage is shown on his knees, hacking from the smoke and the strain of the shields.

There is a hushes silence for a moment, and then the earth below him explodes in a shower of sparks and fire. Lonewolf is sent rolling backwards, runes of protection flaring and sputtering around him as his defenses try to ward off the flames.

There is a cry of distress, and you’re all shocked to see IronyOwl flying through the air into the arena. The crowd gasps with horror as he flies straight into the pillar of flames that surrounds Lonewolf. There is a flash of Orange light as the hapless wizard plunges down to the ground.

Solifuge dismisses his flames, and you all peer down into the arena. Two bodies lie on the scorched stone of the arena floor.

The Healers rush out to examine both figures, and the Marshal soon declares that the match is over.

Looking up at the Floating Announcement Board you see the following:
   Lonewolf I, Wizard of Water has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
   IronyOwl, Wizard of Fire has fallen into the Arena and is removed from the Tournament!

Voting for Duel 4 starts now. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 4 Vote Phase
« Reply #451 on: September 28, 2010, 04:21:55 pm »

To Solifuge: exactly.  Somehow I knew you'd survive again.

Solifuge and Leafsnail.  I still think both of you are scum and it's only becoming more certain as the chances of anything else are dwindling.

At this point, we have 6 wizards left 3 of which are Cabal.  At this point, you could just reveal yourselves in order to garner support amongst the Tower.  And give us half a chance of actually surviving!  It would only take one of you...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 28, 2010, 05:41:43 pm »

Oh can it, Twoface, I won because I nailed his affinity. And I don't know what kind of routine you're trying to pull, asking the Cabal to betray themselves and lose their upper hand, but you know full well that that won't happen. Moreover, that's a piss-poor attempt to veil yourself.

Criptfeind and Toaster, what say you? I'm very interested in your current feelings on what remains of the Town. I want to know suspicions, and why.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #453 on: September 28, 2010, 05:46:10 pm »

If I were Cabal, I would be looking to the Tower for help about now...  Perhaps via PM, perhaps in the main thread, but I'd be doing it.  It's not worth quite as much if you don't win overall.

Sure it's WIFOM but it's true.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 28, 2010, 09:35:20 pm »

I'm going back to Leafsnail.  Early game active lurking was what made me vote him in the first place, and then this post (also see my reply) as to what else he's done.

Criptfeind:  Do you still think Solifuge is cabal?

Jokerman:  Who were you planning to assist, and why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 28, 2010, 09:40:41 pm »

I was planning on assisting Solifuge, because I wasn't positive if he was Tower but he had a better feel than Lonewolf. At the moment, however, I'm reassessing that view.

In the meantime, I'd like to get the lurker Leafsnail into the ring, as he's either scum that's sliding to victory (which is my view, because he hasn't been prodded or pointed out by anyone but Toaster - suspicious).
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2010, 11:51:16 am »

I am thinking that he is more and more.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2010, 11:53:14 am »

Solifuge

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 29, 2010, 11:54:58 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
JanusTwoface: Solifuge
Leafsnail: JanusTwoface, Jokerman-EXE, Toaster
Solifuge: Criptfeind, JanusTwoface

Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:34 pm »

Solifuge

Did anything happen during the assist phase or today that made you more sure?  Who else do you suspect?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2010, 06:33:33 pm »

Toaster, JanusTwoFace and Jokerman-EXE are clearly scum.  I love the way they keep bandwagonning with no reason even when scum clearly controls half of the votes.

Why didn't I assist yesterday?  Mainly because it looked an awful lot like we had two townies in the arena.  Indeed, I was right about this.

I guess the cabal wants me eliminated first since they think I have a PR or something.  Well, perhaps I'll give them what they want.  That way I can take one of them down with me.

JanusTwoFace and Leafsnail.  If both the remaining townies assist me and I get Janus' element, I should be able to take him out.

In case Solifuge or Criptfeind want evidence:
And in spite of this, you remained passive and useless?  Awesome.

Solifuge and Leafsnail.  I still think both of you are scum and it's only becoming more certain as the chances of anything else are dwindling.
Circular logic is circular.

Pressing a lurker and asking useless questions even when it's 3v3.  You seen it here first, folks.

I was planning on assisting Solifuge, because I wasn't positive if he was Tower but he had a better feel than Lonewolf. At the moment, however, I'm reassessing that view.

In the meantime, I'd like to get the lurker Leafsnail into the ring, as he's either scum that's sliding to victory (which is my view, because he hasn't been prodded or pointed out by anyone but Toaster - suspicious).
Bandwagonning even though he knows there are 3 scum left = lulwut.  Not even having good reasons for this... rofl.

"Reassessing" a view that was confirmed wrong = lulwut again.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #461 on: September 29, 2010, 07:05:33 pm »

Toaster, JanusTwoFace and Jokerman-EXE are clearly scum.  I love the way they keep bandwagonning with no reason even when scum clearly controls half of the votes.

Bandwagoning?  No.  Scum control half the votes?  True, but they don't seem to be being obvious about it at least.

Why didn't I assist yesterday?  Mainly because it looked an awful lot like we had two townies in the arena.  Indeed, I was right about this.

And how exactly do you get this?  Solifuge is by no means confirmed townie, not even close. We had one townie in the ring, that's all we really know.  Heck, if anything I'd say that by winning both fights handily he looks more scummy (even if he did guess Lonewolf's alignment).

If have some sort of hard evidence to go on that shows that Solifuge is Tower, by all means have at it.  Otherwise, don't insist that it's true.

I guess the cabal wants me eliminated first since they think I have a PR or something.  Well, perhaps I'll give them what they want.  That way I can take one of them down with me.

How exactly do you plan on taking someone with you?  The only way I can think of is if you lose a fight and have a Cabalbuddy kill them for you.

JanusTwoFace and Leafsnail.  If both the remaining townies assist me and I get Janus' element, I should be able to take him out.

Why would you vote yourself?  Even assuming that you were right and I was scum, then your plan would work just as well with anyone else in the ring with me.

Bullshit.  How exactly am I being passive and useless?  You're the one being passive and useless.  For the entire game, not just now.

Circular logic is circular.

Bwaat?  For it to be circular logic, I would have to imply that the two of you being scum has something to do with there being fewer players...  What I said is simple, even without any evidence every player has a 50% chance of randomly having been Cabal.  Both of you have been scummy, thus the chance is higher.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 29, 2010, 07:39:47 pm »

I'll be sure to take your D1/D2 play as how to not be passive and useless.

Pressing a lurker and asking useless questions even when it's 3v3.  You seen it here first, folks.

Yes, sorry for pressing you.  ::)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #463 on: September 30, 2010, 06:08:22 pm »

People who have only vote once, why? That's most of you (everyone except Leafsnail and myself unless I missed something). The day ends soon, so get to it!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 30, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
JanusTwoface: Leafsnail, Solifuge
Leafsnail: JanusTwoface, Jokerman-EXE, Leafsnail, Toaster
Solifuge: Criptfeind, JanusTwoface

Day ends in ~1 hour
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43