Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 51011 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Day 1 Assist Phase
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2010, 10:31:57 pm »

Derp herp. Haha! Nice lurk there Leafyboy. You aren't some of the points you make, like when you said it was bullshit.
Then you have a broken quote. So I was kind aconfused.

May I remind you of something, Leafyboy? IT IS NOT JIM GROOVESTER THAT YOU DECIDING BETWEEN MYSELF AND SOLIFUGE, YOU IDIOT.
I SAW NEITHER A SOLIFUGE OR ORG QUOTE THERE. YOU DEFEND ONE SIDE BY ATTACKING THE OTHER, YET NOT ACTUALLY PROVING IT FOR YOUR SIDE. CRAP LOGIC IS CRAP LOGIC AND I DO NOT EXPECT THIS OF YOU LEAFYBOY.

Derp. I already claimed, idiot. Yeah, I don't want to be in the ring BECAUSE MY POWER ONLY WORKS OUTSIDE OF IT. HERP DERP.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2010, 10:36:46 pm »

My thoughts were:

Cute kitties! :D

And then I was serious again, and I saw that I missed the deadline and started analyzing the drama around Vector's early assist.  Solifuge was never scummy in my mind, and my vote on him was very much non-random RVS, motivated by his typical lurking and general uselessness rather than suspicion.

I'll pick my attack on Jetsquirrel back up when the next vote stage starts, assuming no one else (looking at you, Vector) does anything suspicious during assists.

Hmph. Very well. Given that this is the first time you've played this game and that you have appeared to miss Meph's announcement that there are no extensions for this game, I'm willing to consider that you voted Solifuge and did not have a chance to change your mind.

Solifuge, quit speechifying.

I asked you to provide justification for your argument, but instead you give me a speech about how I, the incomprehensibly skillful Jim Groovester, am using my insurmountable advantage in wits and cunning to unjustly convict you, the poor, helpless, bumbling Solifuge.

Since it's clear that you're not going to provide any justification after repeated attempts on my part to find out I will stop asking, but I am perfectly content in having assisted against you.

Leafsnail, I've already been down that road with other people. I'll freely admit I overreacted on seeing Vector assist Solifuge right out the gate. I've calmed down since then and have been arguing with those two about what I've done. Solifuge and Vector do not incriminate each other and Solifuge is not scum because Vector rushed to assist him.

Satisfied? Now go find somebody else to proclaim bullshit at.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2010, 10:48:13 pm »

One thing I forgot to mention:

Lonewolf I, why not pick up your attack on Jetsquirrel now? There's no gap in discussion, and since you're not waiting to see what the results of the duel are going to be there's no reason to wait until the next Vote Phase to start.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2010, 10:50:59 pm »

Solifuge, quit speechifying.

Eh, what? I don't even know how to respond to this, other than reviewing my earlier considerations of giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Fake-Edit: Discussion bad. Got it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2010, 11:19:34 pm »

Now I have not been following this pretty well. I was planing on rereading it tomorrow when I have time but one thing I happened to see.

How can you say this:
Criptfeind twisted statements to fit his argument

Followed by this:

Fake-Edit: Discussion bad. Got it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2010, 11:22:29 pm »

Now who's taking statements out of context, Criptfeind?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2010, 12:09:37 am »

Solifuge.

Other possable answer: Now who is not really reading Vector.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2010, 12:15:18 am »

Solifuge.

Other possable answer: Now who is not really reading Vector.

::)

Whatever, man.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2010, 12:19:05 am »

Actually Cript, I really have no idea what that's trying to illustrate either. Also, you edited my quote.

The original one:
Unvote (Toas/Vec)tor

Jim Groove-Star and Criptfeind are my warriors of choice. Cript latched onto things, and twisted statements to fit his argument... trying hard to prove something was right while having no proof. Jim... just gives me a feeling similar to his last Cabal performance: agreeable, calculated, and sitting in center-stage.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2010, 02:08:54 am »

Assist Solifuge's Defense with Earth.

This is how you do it, right?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2010, 02:21:24 am »

Actually Cript, I really have no idea what that's trying to illustrate either. Also, you edited my quote.
[/quote]

Okay. He wanted you to stop dancing around his questions. You edited to make it look like he does not want to talk. I took out the non relevant part. What I was saying is that although you attacked me for supposedly twisting word you in fact were doing so. Hypocrisy. Scummyness.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2010, 02:27:08 am »

Assist Solifuge's Defense with Earth.

This is how you do it, right?

Yes, that is correct.

And what about your reasons, Ottofar? Whyyy are you assisting Solifuge?

Since you're apparently too busy doing other shit like not posting in the game you joined and making no attempt to be useful or helpful, would it be too much to ask for your fucking reasons!?

Goddammit. If I could switch you with Org I would and it'd be the easiest decision I could ever make to assist against you during the duel. Whatever I suspect Solifuge for pales in comparison to how much you are pissing me the fuck off and how much I want to see you dead and gone and out of this game as soon as possible.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2010, 04:53:20 am »

No assist is this also good?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2010, 04:54:39 am »

If you state why.

If you don't I'll be obligated to swear at you.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2010, 08:06:51 am »

Lonewolf I, why not pick up your attack on Jetsquirrel now? There's no gap in discussion, and since you're not waiting to see what the results of the duel are going to be there's no reason to wait until the next Vote Phase to start.

Well, I was going to wait because I felt that scumhunting in the assist phase should focus on those going into the battle and anyone who makes controversial assists.  If Jetsquirrel does not provide an excellent reason for not assisting, however, he will enter the latter category and come back up to the top of my priorities.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43