Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 50960 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Day 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2010, 05:49:16 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
JanusTwoface: Org
Jetsquirrel: Toaster
Jim Groovester: Jokerman-EXE, Org, Ottofar
Jokerman-EXE: Toaster
Leafsnail: Criptfeind, Vector
Org: Jokerman-EXE, Ottofar
Ottofar: Jim Groovester, Lonewolf I, Vector
Solifuge: Criptfeind, Lonewolf I
Toaster: Solifuge
Vector: Jetsquirrel, Solifuge

Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2010, 05:50:52 pm »

Wait has leafy been on at all? Where is he?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2010, 06:05:12 pm »

Solifuge: Tell me your powers so I can kill you.

Criptfeind: That sounds suspicious.

Solifuge: No I did not. Not true. Stop being defensive.

Haha, I love it... but no. You're either being defensive and silly, refusing to accept what I asked for what it is, or are trying to single out an easy mark on someone who's already engendered token suspicion.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »

Refusing to accept what I asked for what it is.

More like

Refusing to accept what I asked for what I say it is

It just seemed really odd that you would do something that is going to help the scum way more. Although you did not in fact ask for it there is no way you were not fishing. In fact even if people really genuinely talked strategy it would not help at all.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2010, 06:47:33 pm »

Supposing you missed the "Answer at your Leisure" bit? It's not a demand, just a structured discussion topic. You don't have a problem with getting players to talk about a topic that is both relevant and completely safe, do you?

Seriously. I'm finding your reaction a might bit ridiculous, since you could say anything. You could create a false conception. You could talk about legitimate strategies to educate new players on the rules, as Jim did. You can not say anything too, if you don't feel so inclined. I fail to see this huge problem you're seeming to have trouble with.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2010, 06:51:24 pm »

Toaster - We were the only two players to resort to hex, and we both picked the exact same color.  Imagine the odds.

I shall make mine a bit darker.  Keep your "Garnet".

Unvote Ottofar

Solifuge - Pics of your kitten or you get to risk your life in the arena.  I love kitties. :-P

JetSquirrel - Have you never read through any games Vector played?  I find it hard to believe that you're only now figuring this out.
Since i admit i suck in mafia games now (played 2 games Begginer magia 1 and wizard duel 1) i cannot make proper decisions and badnwagoning people gets you in trouble most of the time. so i voted for her? to look how she and other people would react towards me. and thats all i can think off
Covering excuses for poor play amidst your reaction to her gender could be interpreted as a primer intended to cause us to subconciously forgive your mistakes ahead of time.  Why shouldn't I interpret it that way?

so i voted for her?
Why the question mark?  It's a statement of fact.  Why would you be questioning your own actions?  Are you afraid you attacked the wrong person, since Jim called you out on it?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2010, 07:02:47 pm »

Solifuge - Pics of your kitten or you get to risk your life in the arena.  I love kitties. :-P

I'm leaning toward naming her Freya, after the Norse Goddess and patron of badassed Cats.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2010, 07:11:33 pm »

Derp derp derp herp derp.

I dont understand why Meph posted colors.

To avoid duplicates, exactly like he said.  It's not like they (should) contain any game information anyway.  Also, you're being not useful again. Org

Unvote allDoes this imply that you consider Leafsnail and Vector do be less useful players?
No. Pick two people so that one of them dies is not the same as a random vote.

So you're saying that these are not random votes?

Leafsnail if you were a scum Alchemist what potion would you chose.

Vector is that a egg or a rock?

You *are* doing basically the opposite of what you suggested and I'm calling you out on it.  Criptfeind
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2010, 07:23:38 pm »

While that us why that is done, I find the possibility of choosing a color near of one's affinity quite possible. This puts some of us at a disadvantage.

But whatever.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2010, 07:28:09 pm »

Well Solifuge... I attacked you on a gut reaction that what you were doing was suspicious... but the more I talk to you the less I feel you are cabal I will unvote Solifuge.

So you're saying that these are not random votes?

No man, see they are rv and that is the point. I was saying I would not vote to lynch two most likely helpful people. I never said I would not random vote them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2010, 07:33:42 pm »

While that us why that is done, I find the possibility of choosing a color near of one's affinity quite possible. This puts some of us at a disadvantage.

Your color is revealed the first time you assist someone...

No man, see they are rv and that is the point. I was saying I would not vote to lynch two most likely helpful people. I never said I would not random vote them.

Hmmmm.  Fine.  Unvote Criptfeind for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2010, 07:46:48 pm »

Webadict and Toaster, what is the most reliable affinity to pick, and why? Also, when is the optimal time to reveal your Affinity?

Most reliable?  If you're a combat role, something with synergy to your personal boost.  Otherwise, probably fire- IMO when people are unsure which attack to use, they have a tendency toward picking fire.  Also, it boosts attack boosts on you.  When to reveal?  When the boosts you would receive would outweigh the danger of being opposed by your opponent.  By that logic, at endgame is when it is most dangerous to have your affinity known.

As to your "most powerful" question, I'm a speed freak, so that'd mean air.

More seriously, Jim was right on the ball about it from the get-go, but I notice it took three analytical posts on me for you to notice the Webadict thing. Also, I was rather expecting you to get you all up-ons my jokingly calling you "Town" rather than "Scum". Vote stays for now, for the Toaster bit.

What me bit?  You mean the RV question?

i vote for Vector
As i dont trust that gut feeling of yours and i also feel something wrong about you

Hi Jetsquirrel.  I apologize for misspelling your name, but please answer my question.  Not answering questions directed at you is evasive, AKA scummy.

Toaster: Uh, yeah. I learned that much from playing B12 Mafia's Wizard Duel Day. If someone votes themself, then you vote them. Period.

Agreed.  Unvote Jokerman.

Vote stays.  Nothing personal.

Though other arrangements would be ideal, I am actually okay with this.

Why are you putting this wine in front of me?  I'll vote Solifuge if you like being voted.

Spoiler: OOC to Lonewolf (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:30 pm »

Leafsnail, you signed up for this remember?

Mephansteras, could you please send Leafsnail a friendly reminder that this game has started?  He hasn't posted since he in'd.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2010, 07:48:34 am »

Toaster

JetSquirrel - Have you never read through any games Vector played?  I find it hard to believe that you're only now figuring this out.
Since i admit i suck in mafia games now (played 2 games Begginer magia 1 and wizard duel 1) i cannot make proper decisions and badnwagoning people gets you in trouble most of the time. so i voted for her? to look how she and other people would react towards me. and thats all i can think off
Covering excuses for poor play amidst your reaction to her gender could be interpreted as a primer intended to cause us to subconciously forgive your mistakes ahead of time.  Why shouldn't I interpret it that way?

How the hell do i know which mafia games vector played in and for the gender thing look down

so i voted for her?
Why the question mark?  It's a statement of fact.  Why would you be questioning your own actions?  Are you afraid you attacked the wrong person, since Jim called you out on it?

because then i was confused and didn't know that Vector was a girl and Jim typed SHE so i thought that was a grammar error, so i couldnt say for sure that she was a she or a he.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:51:51 am by Jetsquirrel »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2010, 08:09:21 am »

Jetsquirrel:  Since you apparently missed it.

Jetsquirell, I don't think I've played with you.  Who here would you most like to be stuck in a duel against?

Also, please don't edit your posts for any reason.  Use and love the preview button.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43