Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 51033 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Day 1 Assist Phase
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2010, 12:13:05 pm »

So Org has two Healing and one Defense, Solifuge has two Defense and one Speed.  I think that making Solifuge even more difficult to hit sounds useful.

Assist Solifuge's Defense with Earth
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2010, 12:17:28 pm »

Criptfeind, what are you going to do?

Well... I am conflicted. ON one hand Org seem much more helpful this game (Which some people say is a scum tell) and so I want to help him. As for Solifuge he has made some good points about why I should assist him but he is rapidly cycling between feeling scummy and towny. Really what he has done in one day to my thoughts about him it would take anyone else two weeks to do.

Right now I slightly leaning towards him being scum. My gut says help Org but I don't want to do it because I can not take it back. Basically I have been hoping and trying to make something big happen. It is not.

This is like buying a video game.

I will Assist Org's healing with water.

You say Vector is scum and then proceed to offer absolutely no evidence.  Good job.  It's not like Vector hasn't been discuessed to some extent already...

And then you post the same post again a few posts later *adding nothing new*.

See if you had read that post you would know that I found what at the time I thought was a giant glaring flaw in something Vector said, something that I thought was proof she was scum. The post that was a repeat was, once again if you had read it you would know, a sarcastic remark about how her rebuttal did not make any sense or help her case at all.

It turns out I was wrong on both cases and she was just smarter then me. Not really a scum tell.

Looking at it it looks like Solifuge can not be hurt and Org can not take enough damage to be hurt for more then a round... Who wins?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »

Looking at it it looks like Solifuge can not be hurt and Org can not take enough damage to be hurt for more then a round... Who wins?

Neither of those is strictly true.  If I remember correctly, all combat roles are from -10 to 10 so even three boosts isn't likely to make either person invulnerable, just a longer fight.  What it really comes down to now is if Org's affinity is Water or Solifuge's Earth and if either can correctly guess the other's affinity.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2010, 12:23:27 pm »

Oh. I thought it went -6 to 6. Been reading too many RTDs

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2010, 05:06:57 pm »

Jim Groovester seems to have changed his mind enough to dodge all my points against him, but not enough so that he'll do anything differently.  Right.

Note too his justification for keeping Org alive - it kindof sucks.  Just because there's an (idiot) guardian alive doesn't mean the scum would kill him automatically (they probably wouldn't, for WIFOM).  And if he is lying, then he won't be incapacitated anyway (due to being on the cabal team).

I don't believe Org's claim.  He got the flavour wrong.  If he actually were a Guardian, he'd know that was the name of the role (he did this in a Paranormal game we played before, too).

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2010, 05:09:18 pm »

Because Guard isn't close to Guardian at ALL, while Doctor is?
And you call me an idiot.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2010, 05:29:09 pm »

Leafsnail, maybe if you had read the thread before you got excited at another chance to call everything I say bullshit, you would have realized that everything you were saying was completely redundant to a discussion I had already had with other people.

So I wasn't really point dodging at all. You were just late to the party.

But I guess you've got to make it look like you're participating somehow. And what better way than to quote everything I say line by line and call it bullshit!

Because if you hadn't done that, well, it might look like you're lurking. But you didn't bring up anything new. So I guess it still sorta does look like you're lurking.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2010, 07:49:36 pm »

He's done nothing particularly damning, and he explained his reason for the statement eventually.  I'm unconvinced, but I stand by my no assist.

The trouble with a No Assist, at this point, is that the scales have already been tipped to one side. Unless I've got Org's affinity right and have a run of good luck, I have no chance at winning this. Like it or not, a No Assist in this case is choosing to back Org, through your own inaction. I could draw parallels to World War II, but I get the feeling that if I further elaborated, it'd probably be twisted to be some kind of Scum Tell.

If you feel we are equally worthy of death in the Arena, you'd seek to neutralize the playing field, by contributing some of the same Assists to me as were put on Org. Otherwise, you're taking sides. I'd note that this is also a convenient way to look non-partial, and play it safe by "not getting involved". Pretending to be useful, while sitting on the fringe when the chips are down, happens to be a classic Scum sign, whatever the Mafia.

How do you figure that 3-3 (at the time, now 4-4) is unbalanced on assists?  I can't make it more balanced than that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2010, 08:01:01 pm »

When that was written, the new batch of assists hadn't gone through, and they've since changed again. Anyway, I've got my attack in, and I'm recklessly excited to see how this goes.

If I felt so inclined, I could argue that Org's Affinity has rendered his Assists roughly 50% more effective than mine (with the +4 Affinity Assist synergy thing)... but the truthfulness of that notwithstanding, it still feels like whining.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 13, 2010, 11:52:45 am »

Criptfeind inscribes Blue runes of Water in the air above Org to give him additional Healing
JanusTwoface inscribes Black and White runes of Earth in the air above Solifuge to give him a Defense Boost
Jim Groovester inscribes Purple runes of Water in the air above Org to give him additional Healing
Jokerman-EXE inscribes Goldenrod runes of Water in the air above Org to give him additional Healing
Leafsnail inscribes Blue runes of Earth in the air above Solifuge to give him a Defense Boost
Lonewolf I inscribes Blood Red runes of Earth in the air above Org to give him a Defense Boost
Ottofar inscribes Maroon runes of Earth in the air above Solifuge to give him a Defense Boost
Vector inscribes White runes of Air in the air above Solifuge to give him a Speed Boost
Toaster has declared that he will not assist anyone
Jetsquirrel has declared that he will not assist anyone

Set-up phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today. If Toaster and Jetsquirrel are content to keep their no-assist action, I can end the set-up phase early and work on the write-ups for the duel and side actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 13, 2010, 12:18:39 pm »

I'm not changing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2010, 06:21:54 pm »

Looks like we're just waiting on one more. Oh wait, what's this?

Quote from: Jetsquerril
I dont want to assist anyone either. Nope.

...Gogogogo?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2010, 06:31:39 pm »

It takes time to run the duel and do the write up, you know.

And with Org's Wolverine regeneration and your Colossus defense, it might be hours before Meph sees the end of the duel.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 13, 2010, 06:35:52 pm »

... Now you got me thinking about X-Men and how much I hate the convoluted storyline, despite loving the characters.

Screw you too, mate :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 13, 2010, 06:37:39 pm »

I've started working on the write-ups. I'll have the duel run sometime soon, but we'll have to see how much time I have to finish the actual write-up on it. Might not actually finish that until tomorrow morning, depending on how it goes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43