Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Today I Plaster the Living Room  (Read 2161 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Today I Plaster the Living Room
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 10:19:01 pm »

I might actually suggest filling the post with water and letting it rot out... except that i have no idea what this may negatively do.
A: It would take forever.

B: You're suggesting that Nikov introduce wood rot to his at least partially wooden home?  If a species of dry rot fungi shows up, the results could be quite horrible indeed. Not sure what the odds of that are, considering the post would be infested by wet rot, but it's worth looking into.

C: If the hole is in the ground, as Nikov implied, keeping it filled with water without flooding the area would be difficult.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Today I Plaster the Living Room
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 10:19:03 am »

I might actually suggest filling the post with water and letting it rot out... except that i have no idea what this may negatively do.
A: It would take forever.

B: You're suggesting that Nikov introduce wood rot to his at least partially wooden home?  If a species of dry rot fungi shows up, the results could be quite horrible indeed. Not sure what the odds of that are, considering the post would be infested by wet rot, but it's worth looking into.

C: If the hole is in the ground, as Nikov implied, keeping it filled with water without flooding the area would be difficult.
Ahhh, okay, my bad.
Pages: 1 2 [3]