Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: But...Bu-Just what the hell!?!?  (Read 1932 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
But...Bu-Just what the hell!?!?
« on: August 31, 2010, 05:59:03 am »

Elven merchants decided it would be smart to go onto my teritiory and I decided to plan their demise, but wait!I don't have a trade depot!And I am working on my giant tower that collapses into magma when a certain lever is pulled so I just ignored them and they went stark raving mad even though there was a clear way out of my fortress.

Are my dwarfs really that annoying?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:46:43 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But...Bu-Just what the hell!?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 06:33:32 am »

Dwarf1: Oh hey, look Urist, it's the woodelves.

Elf: Greetings, short furry man, do you wish to trade some of your masterwork steel armor for our tasty nuts and berries?

Dwarf1: Nah...

Dwarf2: We don't have a depot anyway.

Elf: Most unpleasant. We are not expected home until next month (checks wrist-sundial).

Dwarf2: You can stay in our guest lodge.

Dwarf1: It's over there, the willowwood lodge, with nice palm beds, chairs and smooth mahogany cabinets.

Dwarf2: I'll have someone bring you some nice wooden barrels filled with tasty blood of the local brutally slain wildlife later.

Dwarf1: Hello?

<Elf Merchant has gone stark raving mad!>

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:42:46 am »

They'd appreciate the blood, actually.

Silly cannibalistic hippies. :s
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:53:36 am »

I guess that's how they live so long.
While eating corpses of sapients is called "their culture" in reality it's them drinking their blood while disguising it as cannibalism.

So in short they are vampires.

Yep yep, makes perfect sense.

I bet they went insane because of thirst. "OH GODS WE FORGOT TO PACK THE BARRELS JIBBA JABBA HEY"

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 07:00:32 am »

Silly cannibalistic hippies. :s

Has it actually been established that DF elves aren't actually refugees from Glorantha?

'cos being Plants themselves could explain why they eat sentients, but object to the murder of trees.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 07:25:30 am »

While eating corpses of sapients is called "their culture" in reality it's them drinking their blood while disguising it as cannibalism.

I bet they went insane because of thirst. "OH GODS WE FORGOT TO PACK THE BARRELS JIBBA JABBA HEY"

I think you're on to something here.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 08:57:46 am »

----
I once talked with a Finn. I asked him what time it was. He punched me in the face and said "Just struck one."

I've never really liked Finns after that day.

Kind of off-topic, but you met a really nice Finn. Most of us just don't care about the time and punch you 5-6 times. Or you just had luck.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:05:27 am »

And most people who actually have balls and will stand up for themselves will break a lot of bones, their own or the guy they were fighting.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 09:13:31 am »

I don't know, Elves aren't the ones bringing me barrels filled with the blood of a distrubing variety of wildlife. That would be the Humans and Dwarves. Speaking of which, blood barrels apparently bypass the ethics of a civ, becuase the Dwarves brought me barrels full of Tigerman blood.

Though knowing the Elves they do have blood barrels, but they just won't sell any to me. Instead they keep trying to unload excessive amounts of cloth onto my fortress.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

rmunn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 09:31:14 am »

So that's why they don't want you cutting down trees... they don't want you to make wooden stakes. Explains everything.
Meet the seven year-old girl Lokum Ishemavuz. Her hobbies include taking care of her pet vulture, playing in graveyards, and killing people before they have a chance to scream.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 09:36:03 am »

Please. Is wooden stakes the dwarviest answer you can come up with?
I say we put it all wooden stakes made into weapon traps, and some spike traps, and line the trade corridor route with them so at the pul of a lever they all turn on, go off and impale our dainty freinds.

Who may or may not like sunlight.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 11:21:42 am »

Please. Is wooden stakes the dwarviest answer you can come up with?
I say we put it all wooden stakes made into weapon traps, and some spike traps, and line the trade corridor route with them so at the pul of a lever they all turn on, go off and impale our dainty freinds.

Who may or may not like sunlight.
Magma kills vampires, right?
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 11:58:03 am »

Magma kills everything, my fellow dwarf.
So naturaly we'll have a lever that floods the trade depot as a back-up plan.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 12:07:06 pm »

I got it.
Magma-heated spikes that shoot from the floor.
For both impalement and setting them on fire.

You can't be too sure with el- vampires.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 01:40:56 pm »

traditionally, Vampires also cannot cross running water,so best to flood them, then dump magma on top, just to be sure.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!
Pages: [1] 2