Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding whips  (Read 1044 times)

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding whips
« on: August 31, 2010, 12:50:27 am »

Ok so how would I go about modding whips so they do not act as dwarven laser beams I'm tired of dwarves dying by a goblin with a piece of leather. The only modding I have done is make it so I can make hammers out of platinum.

Also will I have to gen a new world for the mod to change effect?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Modding whips
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:03:52 am »

Increase their contact area and edge value, I believe.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:14:02 am »

or lower there velocity.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 04:03:18 pm »

or give your army armor. btw, whips in DF are actually made of metal...

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 04:06:40 pm »

Aren't the vanilla whips blunt? Shouldn't that mean that they'd still work fairly well on armour, what with that velocity mod and all?

By the way, I'm using Arrkhal's weapon/armour/material balance mod and whips there have 2000 contact/5 penetration/5000 velmult. That should be a lot better than the default.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 07:32:35 pm »

I thought they were edge....

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 02:05:49 pm »

fully armored iron dwarfs mail shirts and everything. whips they kill them...they arent that greatly experienced yet but still thanks for the suggestions I will mod my whips :P

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:45:34 pm »

Or you could just delete the whip line from Goblins, then they will never turn up with Whips.
Diggy diggy hole.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 08:51:45 am »

or give your army armor. btw, whips in DF are actually made of metal...

Not all of them; Due to a modded Adventure mode reaction in reaction_other.txt, my dark elf is carrying a whip made from a humans guts;  I've also lashed a child to death with a whip made from vomit.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:58:47 am by Evil One »
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:57 am »

Evil one can we see that reaction please?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 05:43:52 am »

Evil one can we see that reaction please?
Sure
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With this reaction, anything you pick up... No matter what it is can be turned into a whip (it must be in your hands or on the floor beneath you for this to work.
I don't believe that the [FORCE_EDGE] tag actually does anything to weapons and such, but I like to leave it in anyway.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!