Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48

Author Topic: Warcamp: A tribes-like competitive wargame  (Read 39139 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Warcamp: A tribes-like competitive wargame
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2010, 01:20:54 pm »

Techno, you have 111 CE (with the war chief and his buff), halved to 55 this turn; Rolan7 has 53. So an attack would have 21/36 = 7/12 odds, around 58%. Not recommended.
So basically, you should think about just hunting and breeding for now, unless it turns out that that strategy has even less odds, which I doubt very strongly.

Hm. I'm not sure about the math, but it seems that Rolan can probably steal all your food, even if you dedicate your entire tribe to hunting. He had the potential to steal 150 or so food this turn, for example, and now your tribe is already starving... Perhaps an all-out attack could be best.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2010, 02:48:42 pm »

Techno, you have 111 CE (with the war chief and his buff), halved to 55 this turn; Rolan7 has 53. So an attack would have 21/36 = 7/12 odds, around 58%. Not recommended.
So basically, you should think about just hunting and breeding for now, unless it turns out that that strategy has even less odds, which I doubt very strongly.

Hm. I'm not sure about the math, but it seems that Rolan can probably steal all your food, even if you dedicate your entire tribe to hunting. He had the potential to steal 150 or so food this turn, for example, and now your tribe is already starving... Perhaps an all-out attack could be best.

I couldn't actually steal 150 food, the amount stolen is based on our effectivenesses pre-rolling.  I think.  So mine was 112, and his was his CE of 81, so I stole up to 31 food.  Had I sent my entire party the difference would have been 51.

I think that's how it works, anyway.

You forgot my warchief's buff, Chedd, now that I have 50+ bones he gives a +1.  I think that puts me at 65, if he doesn't buff himself, and then an additional +2 to defense from the ninja buckler for 67 defense effectiveness.

Edit: I forgot to add the +15 from my warchief himself, putting me at 82 I think.  Though techno gets +15 from his chief as well.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:05:05 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2010, 03:34:48 pm »

It's based on ME:
"Successful thievery of food or bones takes an amount equal to the thief's ME vs the enemy tribe's ME."

Also, for warchief I think it only helps with attacking in war, not thieving.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2010, 04:03:01 pm »

It's based on ME:
"Successful thievery of food or bones takes an amount equal to the thief's ME vs the enemy tribe's ME."

Huh.  I misunderstood that as "modified by my modifiers but not by the dice roll", but I believe you're right.
That may be just a tad bit overpowered XD
Then again, this +20 to thieving artifact his helping immensely.
Kinda funny how it'd be basically 3 times as effective were my leader a master thief (since he gets a 6X multiplier instead of 2X).  Particularly if he could join his kobolds in thieving runs, good lord.

Also, for warchief I think it only helps with attacking in war, not thieving.

No affect on thieving, but I think it does help defense.  The goblin's +2 is attack only, but not the warchief bonus.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »

Ah, yes.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2010, 05:41:07 pm »

Hrmm......decisions decisions...

All hunt. Need food and bones.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2010, 07:56:14 pm »

That may be just a tad bit overpowered XD
Then again, this +20 to thieving artifact his helping immensely.
I'm adding a new building for the next game. It will be a one shot defense against thievery. And will be somewhat consuming to build so that a person can't just spam them.

Also, you basically got the strongest suffix bonus for thievery possible on the buckler, so yeah it's helping. O)

Your level 2s die of starvation.
 The hunt brings (75*3/2=112) food and (75*2/2=75) bones.

Spoiler: Rolan7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: eclipsetail (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: techno65535 (click to show/hide)

It is now Rolan's turn.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:02:57 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2010, 08:48:22 pm »

Cast Decay on Techno's tribe, to destroy 50 food.
Send the armored level 3 hunting.
Everyone else steals his food.

I hope this works... I'm not sure it's the *best* plan, but there's a 75% chance of starving 16 of his effectiveness away (and keeping his efficiency halved).
Casting Decay means I probably get less food.  It improves the odds of me starving him, though.  Him not starving would be baaaad.
She/they

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2010, 11:07:57 pm »

You cast Decay. Consuming 50 bones.
 Unfortunately, techno had a Protection up his sleeve, and deflects your attack on his food reserves.

The hunt brings (3*2/2=3) food and (3*2/2=3) bones.

Finally, another thievery attempt!
 (70*2*5=700) vs (75*6=450). Success once again. You would take 250 food, but obviously techno doesn't have quite that much. He'll starve again next turn.

It is now techno's turn. Halved effectiveness again.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2010, 02:59:12 am »

It seems to me like the tribesmen need to eat at the end of the turn instead of the beginning. Otherwise you can just starve someone to death by stealing constantly.

The 4s and 5s breed, everyone else hunts.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2010, 03:14:01 am »

Otherwise you can just starve someone to death by stealing constantly.
That's not necessarily overpowered. After all, you need a decent quantity of luck and effectiveness to pull it off, just like you need a decent quantity of luck and effectiveness to obliterate someone with war. You'd have to look at the numbers a bit more..

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2010, 03:26:21 am »

It seems to me like the tribesmen need to eat at the end of the turn instead of the beginning. Otherwise you can just starve someone to death by stealing constantly.
Actually, this is intended. Otherwise someone in your position would probably win irrefutably. Starvation is a tactic and it is being used effectively here. Suck it up. 0P

Starvation kills off your 4s.

The breeding gets you one 2 and two 3s.
 The hunt brings (42*3/2=63/2=31) food and (42*3/2=63/2=31) bones.

It is now Rolan's turn.

Also, reproducing is going out while starving, doesn't make much sense. Spells however will be allowed. As that makes more sense.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2010, 08:51:51 am »

Nice move.  I have to send a large force to "guarantee" victory (even 75% is no guarantee) but it would be such a waste on your tiny food reserve.  Hm.

Three 3's reproduce, everyone else steals his *bones*.

Looks like a 83% chance of success, and a 2/3 chance of getting 150 bones.  The odds are with me, but I could still lose this...
She/they

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2010, 09:55:51 am »

Reproduction gets you a 6 and a 2.
 A thieving attempt is made once again. (64*2*1=128) vs (75*2=150), bad roll.

The party gets away though. Better luck next time!

techno's turn again.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2010, 04:37:09 pm »

Techno's food seems to be kind of weird.... he had 0, then he got 31, but he only has 8. And if he eats at the start of his turn, he shouldn't have eaten yet, right? He should still have 31? And he should eat and have 18 when he starts his turn?

Techno, if I've done this right, you have a 75% chance of killing Roland if you attack this turn.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48