Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48

Author Topic: Warcamp: A tribes-like competitive wargame  (Read 39012 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Warcamp: A tribes-like competitive wargame
« Reply #690 on: December 01, 2010, 01:24:24 am »

... Well, what a twist!
I had better than even odds for that fight, but rolling a 1 is bad when your opponent rolls a 6 (:

Why all the hate on me?
Funny, I was wondering much the same thing about myself!  That storm was a pretty devastating thing to me after I went out of my way to honor our agreement :P  I only stole from you in retaliation.

Time to pick up the pieces...

Equip the Survivalist's Amulet of the Ninja on Shakti
Equip the Hunter's Tower Shield of the Titan on an 8
Cast Create Bones
All members hunt for bones
Shakti steals bones from the village
Kidnap as many of Maxicaxi and Askot's members as I can afford, highest first of course.

Also... Heh.  Heheh.  It's about time I got a storm.  And I'm a troglodyte, remember.
First player to try to kick me while I'm down, reaps the whirlwind!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 01, 2010, 03:40:47 am »

Then Shakti starts spreading propaganda throughout Maxicaxi's camp in the way such tribes are known to, by just taking people. She takes 6 individuals.(10,9,9,8,8,8) ehh this might be why
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 01, 2010, 10:11:04 am »

Then Shakti starts spreading propaganda throughout Maxicaxi's camp in the way such tribes are known to, by just taking people. She takes 6 individuals.(10,9,9,8,8,8) ehh this might be why

Yeah good point.  Even though that was retaliation, it was a hell of a retaliation.  I thought I'd basically won that turn, I'm glad the game's still up in the air.

I haven't bothered to predict my next turn.  I should have a nice thieving multiplier (though not as nice as before I think) so Shakti may steal quite a large sum of bones from the town, depending on her roll.  I'll probably be back to second place or so, but there's a lot of chance involved.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 01, 2010, 03:18:35 pm »

Turn 7-4

Disaster roll: 3

FLAMING ROCK TIME. It kills only one individual(8) and a bone stockpile.

And so you set your tribe on acquiring maximum bones.
 The hunt brings (64*4=256) bones.
 Shakti makes a visit to town using her incredibly powerful items (960*3=2880, absolutely preposterous) vs (41*4=164), she steals a ridiculous 2716 bones. How does the town have that many? Hell if you know!
 You also cast Create Bone granting 75 bones, which seems sort of a joke considering what you got from Shakti's nonsense.

Then you utilize the massive bones to steal everyone in Maxi and Askot's camps, since this effectively polishes them off, you also get their food, bones, and items. Resistance is futile!

Maxicaxi Has Been Defeated!

Askot Bokbondeler Has Been Defeated!

Spoiler: Skibiliano (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolan7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: techno65535 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Askot Bokbondeler (click to show/hide)

It is now techno's turn. A card is drawn.

Yes, it's still possible to win this, but you are gonna need a load of luck and every trick in the rules.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:20:23 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 01, 2010, 03:40:10 pm »

O_O
Yeah the town needs that cap on stealing ASAP.
Some sort of defense against kidnapping, too.  Maybe have it only work on tribes with no bones or something, or have thieving traps protect against it.  The huge pile of bones from town was the real issue though.

Other than that, gg Askot and Maxicaxi.  I hope to play against you again soon.
She/they

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 01, 2010, 04:10:30 pm »

Some sort of defense against kidnapping, too.  Maybe have it only work on tribes with no bones or something, or have thieving traps protect against it.
Alright, if you want to know it.

-Cunning trap: Blocks one thievery attempt(including assassinations), disappears if the ME of the thieving party exceeds 50.
 Costs 30 food, 2 workers.

It's been there the whole time.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 01, 2010, 04:47:42 pm »

Some sort of defense against kidnapping, too.  Maybe have it only work on tribes with no bones or something, or have thieving traps protect against it.

-Cunning trap: Blocks one thievery attempt(including assassinations), disappears if the ME of the thieving party exceeds 50.

That's good... it doesn't clearly say it stops kidnapping though, which is not exactly a thievery attempt.  But at least there's a counter for next time!
(This would have kept me from stealing all youses foods, not that that was a huge deal this game)
What does it do against kidnapping exactly?  Block one kidnapping per turn, or all attempts per turn, and is it destroyed as a result?
She/they

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 01, 2010, 04:51:02 pm »

That's good... it doesn't clearly say it stops kidnapping though, which is not exactly a thievery attempt.  But at least there's a counter for next time!
(This would have kept me from stealing all youses foods, not that that was a huge deal this game)
What does it do against kidnapping exactly?  Block one kidnapping per turn, or all attempts per turn, and is it destroyed as a result?
Yeah, that is a bit vague, so... this?

-Cunning trap: Blocks one thievery attempt(including assassinations), disappears if the ME of the thieving party exceeds 50. Also triggers on kidnap attempts, and protects against all kidnappings for that turn.

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 01, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »

What the hell?
Rolan's population increased by 412.5% in one turn
Rolan's bonecount increased by 5904% in one turn
Rolan's itemcount increased by 5 in one turn.
And his CE is larger than mine and techno's combined!

WHAT?
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 01, 2010, 06:14:38 pm »

What the hell?
Rolan's population increased by 412.5% in one turn
Rolan's bonecount increased by 5904% in one turn
Rolan's itemcount increased by 5 in one turn.
And his CE is larger than mine and techno's combined!

WHAT?

Clearly I'm the end boss.  You managed to crush my first form, so I transformed into stage 2: Puzzle boss!

What happened is my items (pluses to thieving doubled by the item of mastery), my passive bonus multiplier to thieving (also doubled by the item of mastery I think?  I'm actually still fuzzy on the numbers) and the fact that my entire tribe hunted for bones to get my passive multiplier up...

But really it's because there's no cap on loot stolen from the town.  That got me a big bad pile of bones, which is appropriately powerful.

If Techno had this many bones, he'd have an unbeatable attack bonus, or could probably train his gobbos to 10. (excellent passive, kinda weak active)
If you had this many bones Askot, you could raise an undefeatable skeleton army, and draw a full hand each turn (good active, kinda weak passive)

I can steal any one type of thing from anybody, and I can kidnap... um... close to 20 tribesmen, thereabouts, assuming I don't get any *more* bones.  Both very powerful.  BUT!  My abilities are completely negated by a cheap and easy building!  A cunning trap will prevent me from stealing or kidnapping jack.

So see, with a small investment in security (and an upcoming nerf to theft from town) I'm not so godly after all.
She/they

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 01, 2010, 06:41:32 pm »

damn! put me up for the next game

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 02, 2010, 08:49:33 am »

A 5 equips the armour and the buckler.
He and 3 other 5s will build cunning traps.
A 9 gets the tower shield.
Those not building will go hunting.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 02, 2010, 04:22:29 pm »

Turn 7-5

Disaster roll: 3

Gotta love me the rocks from the heavens. This one buries 2 members(4,4) and breaks your lone animal trap.

Items equipped... The hunt brings (77*4/2=154) food and (77*4/2=154) bones.
 The cunning traps are then constructed, that'll stave off the Rolans for a bit.

It is now Skibiliano's turn. No draw.

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 02, 2010, 04:26:24 pm »

The lone 3 equips the Buckler.
The 3 and one of the 5's pair up and build a cunning trap
The two two's build a cunning trap too.
Cast Create Bone
Summon Two Skeletons
Everyone else goes hunting!

Understood?

GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 02, 2010, 04:47:47 pm »

Understood?
YES SIR!

Turn 8-1

Disaster roll: 5

Free from the wrath of the cosmos for the time being, your tribe builds it's own pair of cunning traps against the immense power of Shakti, who is likened to be a goddess of theft by now.

You use Create Bone to help your tribe along. and call for a great hunt!

The hunt brings (30*5/2=75) food and (30*6/2=90) bones.

Finally, you summon up a pair of skeletons(4,6), now to hopefully weather the storm.

It is now Rolan's turn, best hope he doesn't screw you all over. A card is drawn.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48