Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: The Adventurers of Adventuring [Cave:1]  (Read 7069 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Adventurers of Adventuring [Cave:1]
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:33:39 am »

In a Land before Lands, in a Time before Times... Brave, Bold, Adventurers wandered the planes of existance... Nobody knew why they did so, not even the Adventurers themselves... Though each had their own idea as to why, Fame, Glory, Riches, Expertise, Revenge, Boredom... Then a planet was born, and all the Adventurers we're gathered to this place, to explore the caves of darkness, to defeat the monsters of evil, to grab the loot of... expensiveness... And they all did so untill, all the caves were explored, the monsters slain, and the loot grabed... Then an all powerfull wizzard did something to the world, he randomized the dungeons! so every cave was instantly un-explored the instant everyone left it, the monsters were reborn, and loot replaced! Every Adventurer had FUN doing things again... Well, now that the history is out of the way, why dont we go into this dungeon?

Just fill out this sheet first so we know a little more about you...

Name:
Class:
Weapon Preference:

Classes are anything you can think of, this isn't a DnD style so just a name and a specialty for that class...
Any Weapon you can think of, if it's too exotic I'll ask for a picture

I'm looking for about 3-6 people, and hopefully we'll have some FUN!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 03:08:39 pm by Evergod41 »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurers of Adventuring
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 11:38:44 am »

Name: Ochita
Class: Evoker. This study of mage is the use of energy that is in the air. This includes using energy to form objects like rock or even fire. Then you manipulate the energy to use it. For example throwing a fireball. Even though the study is on this, the mage can use different schools, exept for enchanting.
Weapon Preference: Crossbow.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:51:51 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 11:40:34 am »

Name: Frederick XXIII
Class: Summoner - A magic class specialized for summoning various extraplanar creatures to do the bidding of the caster, and sometimes just summoning stuff to throw at other stuff.
Weapon Preference: Wizard's staff, with a sapphire inset at the top. His preferred attack style is by conjuring a kobold or porcupine or something to hurl at his enemies.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 12:05:02 pm »

Name: Ni
Class: Coordinatiomancer, a kind of subconscious magic user that uses magic to enhance things their minds and bodies already do. Things like summoning oxygen directly into muscles, accelerating limbs magically to simulate strength/speed, or time magic that makes their reflexes have a NEGATIVE amount of delay, etc. Tends to focus on subtitle things and agility. Despite the horrible biased selection of examples I came up with it's not actually supposed to be mostly combat oriented.
Weapon: war scissors.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 12:18:51 pm »

Name: Doyll Gnivri

Class: Swordmaster - A swordsman who uses grace, dexterity and flair and adds them to his attacks, pulling off combo after combo, using elegant acrobatics and midair attacks to utterly humiliate enemies.

Weapon Preference: Dual Blades

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 12:43:02 pm »

Though I have an idea on what they are, but grab a pic of war scissors please...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:35:18 pm by Evergod41 »

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 01:06:47 pm »

Name:Tilk
Class:Heavy Knight(Basically a foot knight heavy armored)
Weapon Preference:Sword and shield
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 02:16:16 pm »

Name: Rfitweaver
Class: Magic eater. Magic eaters can temporarily deprive something else of it's magic and for the same length use it as if the magic was it's own(though usualy they need to lern how to use every new magic they get, but if they repeatedly steal the same type of magic they may get familiar with it)
Weapon Preference:dagger and a hand crossbow

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:13:54 pm »

"Alright, you five are first!" A large gruffy soldier waltzes up to the group of Adventerurs, holding 5 aplications, "Erh..., Ocheetah, Friedricks duh twentah terd, Doiwuhl, Tilk, and Riftwevah" He butchers all of your names... "Grab yur weapons and follow me!" He then heads into a large tent that is connected to a gate leading into this regions dungeon...

You all walk into this tent, curious about what you might find in the dungeon, this IS your first time, and knowing that it's random nobody could help you in what to expect, other than there will be mazes, monsters and loot!

"Alright, now I know this is all yalls first time in a dungeon, so I'll give you a few pointers" you all sigh in releif that you'll be getting some help... "Now dont get your hopes up, I am merely here to prevent you all from dieing horrible gruesome deaths, I will fail from doing this, because all of you will dive too deep into the cave, and wont be able to make it back out!" He hands you all a stone, "This is a summoners stone! it will bring you to this general vicinity, that is why we have the gate, it is an anchor for these stones, it allows you to warp out of the cave in the blink of an eye, but you will have to walk all the way back... It helps you pawn your loot, but not to save your asses, if there is a monster that is alert within 10 feet of you, you wont be able to warp out!" He heads to a cabinet of a sort and opens it, a sword inside starts to glow, he removes it. "This my dear lads is an artifact, I doubt you will be able to find one until you explore every bit o' da cave! But it's power and worth are so great, it's just barely the risk!" he replaces it into the cabinet and closes the doors. "Now get in there and get me some Loot!!!

You draw your weapons and prepare your spells, then you head in, at first everything is dark, but then you see two guards holding torches... "From here on in, there will be monsters, they will not stop attacking untill either of you are dead." He hands those with a free hand a torch, "Do not stray far from the torchbearers, they are your only source of light within these caves, they have been enchanted to never go out while in the caves, but will instantly extinguish when you leave, requiring you to pass by us once more, this is just so we know how many people are in the cave at all times" The other guard takes out a pad, and makes five marks, "Good luck, and dont die!"

You head into the caves, there is enough light from the torches to see everything, mostly, you hear some scratches around a corner, and you all stand guard.

Quote from: Ochita
Health: 10/10
Level: 1
EXP: 0/100
Armour Level: Light Leather (5)
Weapon: Magiks & Crossbow
Magik: Elementalism
Mana: 25/25
Ammo: 100
Inventory: Supplies for a week
Loot: $0
Quote from: Fredrick the 23
Weapon: Magiks & Staff
Magik: Summoning
Quote from: Doyll
Health: 15/15
Armour Level: Steel Mail (10)
Weapon: Dual Steel Shortswords
Magik: Enhancements
Mana: 5/5
Quote from: Tilk
Health: 20/20
Armour Level: Steel Plate (25)
Weapon: Longsword & Tower Shield
Magik: Holy Powers
Mana: 5/5
Quote from: Riftweaver
Weapon: Magik & Hand Crossbow
Magik: Anti-Magik
Ammo: 100
Quote from: Warp stone
All charged
Quote from: Torchbearers
Riftweaver
Fredrick

I should mention this now, all crossbows automatically reload, the hand crossbow, while only requireing one hand, lacks in power and accuracy.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:06:14 pm by Evergod41 »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurers of Adventuring [Cave:1 Round:0]
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 06:21:10 pm »

Charge in, seeking out what's making the noise around the corner.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:54:54 pm by Jervous »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 06:50:16 pm »

Oh, sorry that story was mostly incomplete, and I didn't notice it untill now, wait a few more moments for a hook on the end...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 03:02:58 am »

Prepare to fight, cast a small fireball at the corner.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 03:12:51 am »

Follow Jervous after Ochita has throw the fireball
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 05:08:40 am »

Follow behind Jervous, hand crossbow at the ready

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 05:28:56 am »

In as a Sixth???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8