Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Armok Himself: To Craft A God  (Read 3061 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armok Himself: To Craft A God
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 07:12:27 am »

That's a good idea, but making the caste rare enough to show up only once or twice at most while making the overall race weak enough to be unable to sustain itself (and not die before creating a god-creature) will be hard.

Also, megabeasts and civs don't tend to mix very well.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 07:14:11 am »

Hmm...

What if the civ's creatures are all vulnerable to a syndrome carried by the Armok's breath? A sort of Dark Messiah thing. When one is born, their civilization ends. I don't think syndromes work during worldgen, sadly. But it would be so cool if we could implement that to make an unclean god child.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

RysanMarquise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 02:51:35 pm »

Not implementable practically.

You can make an entire race of beings that explode and die the moment you look at them but are badass throughout history and are the most powerful empire.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 06:40:47 am »

That's a good idea, but making the caste rare enough to show up only once or twice at most while making the overall race weak enough to be unable to sustain itself (and not die before creating a god-creature) will be hard.
I think that might just work actually. Give them a rare caste, give the civ castes a low max age, and increase the starting population to a point where a single member of the rare caste is likely enough. Doesn't have to be all that much, really, if they have so little time to have children. I might try that for Direforged, actually.

Edit: Apart from that whole ex nihilo stuff, that one might result in oddities.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:03:39 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 [2]