Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: You Meet in a Tavern  (Read 7153 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (not dead I promise!)
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2010, 02:25:58 am »

FRIGHTENED by the EVIL PUPPY, Shed try to find a SHARP ROCK around to cut the ropes holding his feet.

"Grmmmblblblbl Rope Reed ropes... I'm sure those are those elven bastards again! They won't get our soapy wonder!"

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:52:08 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2010, 05:16:14 am »

do i get a hint at what my options do?, but a point in pizzaz and a point in hot bloodedness
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2010, 08:04:09 am »

Excellent.
This being here means I can post my somewhat similar idea!
also posting for notifications.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2010, 09:47:04 am »

And wish I knew what bodyguarding and backlash did.
Me too! Can't you see I'm just making this up as I go along?

do i get a hint at what my options do?
OK fine guys. Including Darrells just to be fair in case he wants to change.

Gil Toss : Grit reduction based on amount of currency thrown, can be used in conjuction with ranged attack, costs Pizazz.
Double Fisting Style : .75 hotblood/attack (normal .5) when dual wielding small weapons
Mass Distract: Pretty obviously, like Distract, but MOAR DISTRACTAN, costs Pizazz.

Shieldbash Takedown : Small attack bonus, successful attack renders prone, costs Pizazz.
Bodyguarding : Transfer amount of Grit to nearby character for the turn, can use with another action, costs Pizazz.
Backslash : Forehand, backhand. Treats a normal attack as though you were dualwielding.

Second Wind : Recovers character to 50% health (therefore, more efficient the more wounded they are), costs Pizazz.
Designated Smoking Area : Reduces Hotbloodedness of everyone in range, friend or foe, costs Pizazz.
Diving Strike : x2 Weapon Damage (before Hotbloodedness) if turn begins in air, costs Pizazz.

Excellent.
This being here means I can post my somewhat similar idea!
Wat?

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2010, 09:51:19 am »

Your game is similar-ish to a concept I've been thinking of for a while.
The fact that yours is here and not in RTD confirms to me that I can put mine here too.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2010, 10:07:50 am »

Well i will take second wind (my plan all allong if i had to take just the names)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2010, 10:49:37 am »

Your game is similar-ish to a concept I've been thinking of for a while.
The fact that yours is here and not in RTD confirms to me that I can put mine here too.

Oh OK, I see what you mean. Yeah it's sort-of-but-not-really a RTD, I really didn't know, but no one's suggested it move since turn one, so yeah.

Turn 10.5 - Enter Sheb

Sheb : Aha! You've managed to FRAY the rope enough to free your hands, and quickly untie your legs! This is probably the first good thing to happen since you were CLUBBED over your soft Dwarfy HEAD while making your SOAP DELIVERY. You survey your surroundings once more, there's some chests, a firepit, your soap delivery, an unconscious youth, some dogs in a ramshackle fence, and rocks, plenty of rocks.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheb (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:36:32 am by kinseti »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2010, 12:16:00 pm »

How can you tell sheb from the boulders? I can't tell where in the map he is.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2010, 11:18:42 pm »

I think he's near the top of the map, but yeah, he needs a colour other than black.

Susan will take Backslash.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2010, 03:38:52 am »

Black? BLACK? Dude was pretty obviously brown but there you go.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2010, 11:00:10 am »

Tie unconscious guy,  look into chest and tell the puppy to relax, they will make great tallow for soapy soap.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2010, 12:31:32 pm »

Oh, ein, I assume you're doubling up on Grit increases? If you were after Grit and Determination, let me know and I'll switch it before next turn.

Turn 11 - Powerup Sequence

Towering over the bodies of your FALLEN FOES, you find yourself AGOG with RAW ADVENTURELUST. You feel the POWER and WISDOM of HEROES long past coursing through your viens!
Darrell : +2 Grit! Gained Gil Toss!
Susan : +1 Grit! +2 Pizazz! Gained Backslash!
Asonn : +1 Hotbloodedness! +2 Pizazz! Gained Spell : Second Wind!

Darrell : You recover your ITEMS strewn about the floor, 10 COPPER COINS and and your KNIVES, including some that MYSTERIOUSLY did not leave your inventory when you threw them. No time to DWELL on simple ODDITIES, however, there is LOOT at foot! You run to the nearer CORPSE and RIFLE through his GEAR. You find a POINTY STICK, in no way superior to the weapons you already WIELD. He is wearing a HOODED CLOAK, not dissimilar to the one you discarded on outset. In his POCKETS you find 2 strips of JERKY, a POUCH containing some variety of STRANGE POWDER, and another POUCH containing COINS, 13 COPPER and 3 SILVER. You stow away the latter 3 items in your inventory.
FUN FACT : 1 Gold Coin == 5 Silver Coins == 20 Copper Coins

Susan : Intercepting Darrell before he SCOOPS your LOOT, you POUNCE on the LIFELESS BODY of the other FELLED BANDIT. He possesses the standard DANGEROUS BRANCH and HOODED CLOAK, but beyond that you find some INTERESTING TRINKETS. He wears an OBSIDIAN RING which you are quick to pull off his STIFF FINGER. You also find a BAR OF SOAP, puzzling considering he has apparently NOT BATHED in a long while, and a small wooden box containing a few MATCHES, some TOBACCO, and a stone PIPE. Hey! That stuff ISN'T FOR KIDS! You pocket it all, along with 4 loose SILVER COINS found in a pocket.

Asonn : You decide to RELISH your VICTORY for just a moment longer. Remember when you hit the dead guy with your staff? That was pretty great.

Dog : The dog faithfully trots behind Darrell like, well, like a DOG.

Theef : His AGGRESSORS apparently DISTRACTED, the Theef makes a mad bolt for the CAVERNS EXIT, tears still flowing freely down his CRAVEN FACE. You ALMOST FORGOT about that guy!

MEANWHILE

Sheb : You ready your ROPE to tie up the UNCONSCIOUS FELLOW, only to realize that he's ALREADY BOUND. Oh well, no need for overkill. You pop open the nearest chest and find your STOLEN GEAR - a BACKPACK containing your DULL HATCHET, a round WOODEN SHIELD, a JUG of FINE DWARVEN ALE, and a HEAVY BLANKET. All there, except your SALTED MEAT RATIONS. You pop the ROPE in the BACKPACK and sling it over your shoulder. You tell the PUPPY what Dwarves use them for in THE MOUNTAINHOMES, and he slinks away behind a larger dog, understanding your THINLY VEILED THREAT.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheb (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:34:04 pm by kinseti »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2010, 12:36:07 pm »

Open second chest, and search the unconscious guy for PHAT LEWT. Also, use my DWARVEN SENSES to look around for a stone suited for SHARPENING. Then try to recover some ASHES for use in the finer art of SOAPMAKING.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2010, 01:05:36 pm »

Should've known. Start a Dwarf off in a cave and he'll just bunker down and turn it into a Soap Factory. Good thing I didn't give you a pickaxe.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2010, 02:01:33 pm »

Hey, I'm not supposed to let that Fat loot here and go away, am I?

I promise I won't make up a soaper's workshop until I run out of soap.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9