Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: You Meet in a Tavern  (Read 7156 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (puppies!)
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2010, 10:47:36 pm »

Darrell attempts to distract the thieves with one hand, and use the other to throw knives at them, aiming for the legs, to incapacitate, not kill.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2010, 10:16:53 pm »

Dropping out from this, im not very active currently so I shouldnt be in as many games as I am
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »

So does this mean I'm in?

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2010, 11:56:37 am »

Unless Sheb speaks up, I guess. Sheb?

I might not be able to get the turn up until tomorrow, so I guess if he doesn't reply by then I'll work you in. Slow turn is slow (my bad).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2010, 12:39:56 pm »

I do speak up!

Maybe I should wait until they're out of the cavern to appear? Or arrive from a tunnel in said cavern?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2010, 03:36:55 pm »

Update? No? Okay.
*Shuffles away*

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2010, 05:37:17 pm »

Sheb, I'll work you in after this particular confrontation. Sorry for the slow update. It's been a weird week and I've totally not been spending my free time drawing silly comics, I promise >_>

Turn 7 - Thwomping is too a Word

THE WARDENS and THE THEEFS GILD brace themselves for a VIOLENT CONFRONTATION.

Darrell : You perform a classic FAKEOUT, yelling "Look over there!" One of the brigands turns his head, and you immediately let fly a POINTY PROJECTILE.
Darrel (1d6 + 3) = 6
Theef (1d4 + 3 - 1) = 4

The knife catches the rogue in the THIGH, bringing him down to one knee.

Asonn : You wait until Susan is in position, then perform an act of NOVICE AEROMANCY. The SPIRITS OF WIND course through your STAFF rendering one of the bandits UNBALANCED.

Susan : You use your sword to lay a CACOPHONOUS BEATING on your shield, before FLANKING the group of thieves and THWOMPING an UNBALANCED target.
Susan (1d8 + 6) = 14
Theef (1d4 + 3 - 1) = 4

Your MIGHTY WEAPON cracks your foe in the side of the HEAD, and he drops like a SACK OF BRICKS. The CAVERN FLOOR is becoming stained with his BLOOD.

Daniel : You TURN TAIL and RUN into the forest. That SHIT was getting far too HEAVY for your comfort. On your way home, you get lost and wolves eat you. RIP DANNYBOY.

Theef 1 : Your first foe grabs his wounded leg and attempts to limp behind a boulder, seemingly not realizing until the last minute that he won't be able to fit.

Theef 2 :
Your second foe BLEEDS PROFUSELY from his CRANIAL COMPLICATION.

Theef 3 : Your third foe lets out a FIERCE BATTLECRY and produces a LARGE STICK from his cloak. He then engages the YOUNG WOMAN who laid out his friend.
Theef (1d6 + 4) = 8
Susan (1d4 + 1d2 + 3) = 6

His VENGEFUL STRIKE catches you in the SHOULDER. It stings, but you maintain your composure.

Pancho :
Your archfoe draws a dangerous looking BUCK KNIFE from inside his coat, and charges Darrell.
Pancho (1d8 + 5) = 9
Darrell (1d4 + 3) = 6

His SLASH catches you in the RIBS, but you SIDESTEP enough to ensure the cut is not deep.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (violence!)
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2010, 05:53:29 pm »

Ouch, right in the ribs.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2010, 06:22:17 pm »

Isn't the dog doing anything?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2010, 06:25:08 pm »

Isn't the dog doing anything?

He's still licking himself.

That takes several turns.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2010, 06:36:15 pm »

In an act seemingly out of character for a master thief, Darrell pelts Pancho with the coins in his pocket.
Hidden amongst them... is a KNIFE! or maybe two, or something.
Then, it's time to... DUAL-WIELD!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2010, 06:59:33 pm »

Susan screams out in anger at the strike. Maybe it'll unnerve the attacker. She then proceeds to SHIELDBASH him in the chest before using her sword to swipe his legs out from under him and send him to the ground.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2010, 07:32:27 pm »

Hit a thief with my staff
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2010, 02:09:17 am »

Sheb, I'll either be able to work you in next turn or the one after. Since coming up with strictly soap-based abilities, while fun, would likely stretch my skills to the limit, is there secondary direction you want your dwarfling to take?
Making shit up : Well, since you guys feel like using creative battle actions, these will occasionally help determine new skills available when you reach the next level. Prone enemies get -1 Grit and will act last in a turn.

Turn 8 - Knockdown Dragout

The SKIRMISH continues!

Darrell : You perform a less classic FAKEOUT, hiding a KNIFE within a BARRAGE OF COINS! They crash into PANCHO's face, and scatter about the cavern floor.
Darrel (1d6 + 3) = 9!
Pancho (1d4 + 5) = 7

Your HIDDEN DAGGER grazes Pancho's cheek, and you ready two of your knives for DUAL WEAPON COMBAT.
New Ability Available On Level-Up : Gil Toss

Susan : You decide to sacrifice some of your DAMAGE POTENTIAL and try to knock your opponent PRONE, lest you get CARRIED AWAY as you did in your LAST ASSAULT.
Susan (1d8 + 6 - 1) = 8
Theef (1d4 + 3) =  7

You BASH the Theef but he ROLLS WITH THE BLOW. You SWIPE his LEGS when he is off balance, taking him to the ground MOSTLY UNHARMED.
New Ability Available On Level-Up : Shieldbash Takedown

Asonn : Detecting an OPPORTUNITY, you STRIKE the Theef when he is flat on HIS ASS.
Asonn (1d6 + 1) = 2
Theef (1d4 + 3 - 1) =  4

The Theef gently ROLLS to one side as your blow STRIKES the cavern floor with a resounding CRACK.

Pancho : The enemy leader wipes the blood from his cheek and LUNGES at Darrel in a rage.
Pancho (1d8 + 5) = 8
Darrell (1d4 + 3) = 5

Pancho delivers another shallow SLASH across your TORSO. You are now BLEEDING quite a bit, and feel your RESOLVE WAVERING.

Theef : Susan and Asonns target hops to his feet, and continues to AGGREIVE Susan.
Theef (1d6 + 4) = 9
Susan (1d4 + 1d2 + 3) = 8

His LARGE STICK delivers a GLANCING BLOW, barely effecting your composure.

The remaining Theefs bleed unconsciously and cower cowardly. The dog continues his CROTCH LICKING MANEUVER, seemingly quite ENGROSSED.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2010, 03:46:33 am »

Make the bandits believe that I am going to do some horendiously horrible and powerful magical assault
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9