Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: You Meet in a Tavern  (Read 7157 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (turno uno)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 06:33:17 am »

Alright, rawr's apparently offline, but since it's hardly even a real turn and I'm about to turn in for the night :

Turn 0 - Nomenclature Natter

The Barmaid stares at you vapidly. She indulges an itch on her GENEROUS PAUNCH. The LONE PATRON appears to be quietly moaning, as Urgash the Dwarven Bartender refills his DELICIOUS BEER.

Darrell : But...How are people supposed to know you're a ROGUE if you're not wearing a standard issue HOODED CLOAK? Oh, that's right, they're not. You remove the RIDICULOUSLY CONSPICUOUS OUTERWEAR and don a pair of COMPLETELY PEDESTRIAN RED SUSPENDERS.

Susan : You discuss the qualities of VARIOUS NAMES with your cohort Asonn. You briefly pause to consider how late the DOG KENNELS are open, and how much an ADORABLE AND FEROCIOUS war dog might cost.

Asonn : You attempt to negotiate a SUITABLE TEAM NAME with your compadre. You flip through your AEROMANCERS HANDBOOK. It's a shame you can only understand the first ten pages, and that your master is becoming HOPELESSLY SENILE.

Daniel : The decision to bide your time feels like the right one. The topic of possible ADVENTURE HOOKS is on the agenda, and you've got A DOOZIE. This morning the local preacher told you that he was missing a barrel of SACRAMENTAL WINE, an anecdote rife with MYSTERY AND INTRIGUE.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:30:58 am by kinseti »

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 09:48:37 am »

Order a beer.

"does it really matter what we call ourselves?"
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 09:54:37 am »

Hmm, wardens of adventure does not sound heroic enough, how about Wardens of the Dawn, oh gooness did i realy just suggest that?

Order some wine, and go searching for a plot hook
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:00:35 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 09:57:28 am »

Can I be the Bartender? If not I'll just watch.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 10:04:24 am »

You said a waiting list was open, right?

So:

Name: Sheb
Race: Dwarf
Profession: Novice Soapmaker
Color: Brownish
Background: Sheb was forced by his parents to learn the family craft of Soapmaking. Since other Dwarf children constantly mock him (aka, try to push him in a magma vent) he hang out mostly with the human kids next door.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 04:50:26 pm »

...We're kids, kids generally don't drink booze. Well, except for a dwarven kid maybe.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 05:33:14 pm »

Nobody said we're kids.. Either way, I want to attempt to order a beer.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 05:36:38 pm »

actualyt it did, change ordering a wine to ordering some food
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 06:00:42 pm »

You said a waiting list was open, right?
Added to OP.

Can I be the Bartender? If not I'll just watch.
Yeah, what the hell, I'm going to allow this.

Nobody said we're kids.
the PCs are children of indeterminate age in a small village.

Also updated the Map Legend with the player names. If ein posts I'll get a turn up soon. If not, I might get a turn up anyway, somehow I don't think he'd mind me making an effort to get things moving. Moving towards...ADVENTURE. Yeah.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 06:04:01 pm »

Oh, when I read it I thought it just said "the PCs are of indeterminate age in a small village". Nonetheless, my current action is...

Attempt to order a beer.

"Does it really matter what we call ourselves?"

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 06:12:28 pm »

One of the doods should grab the barmaid's rack.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 06:41:36 pm »

Susan glares at Daniel. "Of course it matters! We have to have a name otherwise no one will know what to call us in the papers!"
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 06:50:47 pm »

Daniel shakes his head.

"Well, it's your decision. I don't care about the name."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 07:10:00 pm »

Eh, sorry about skipping you Ein. Just trying to get through the tedious beginnings quick.

Turn 1 - The Tavern

Daniel : "Hon'! Be a sweet thing and grabs me a beer, eh?" You throw her a SLY WINK. The barmaid throws her arms in the air.

Asonn : You order some DWARVEN STEW, and the wench retreats into the back room to fetch some. You observe your surroundings for potential PLOT HOOKS. The PATCH OF BLOOD in front of the dartboard is new since your last visit, probably the result of some exciting BLOOD FEUD or OCCULT RITUAL, and by no means a drunken accident. The LONE PATRONS sobs and murmurs are rising in volume as Urgash attempts to console him with DWARVEN BEER.

Susan : Wait, you've got the perfect compromise! The Swords of The Free Wardens Mysterious Adventure at Dawn! No, actually, that's not very good either. You agree, at Daniels behest, to momentarily shelve the discussion while you decide on a PROPER ADVENTURE for your NAMELESS CREW. You can always argue and ADVENTURE at the same time, you suppose. Daniel explains the preachers situation with the MISSING WINE.

Darrell : You quietly observe your cohorts shenanigans.

Bartender :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:31:24 am by kinseti »

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 07:24:33 pm »

"Where's my beer?!"

Put on my pissed off face.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9