Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: You Meet in a Tavern  (Read 7149 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You Meet in a Tavern
« on: August 30, 2010, 02:05:56 am »

You meet in a tavern.

This WRETCHED HIVE of SCUM AND VILLAINY is where your MERRY BAND OF AVENTURERS plans their BIG ADVENTURES. Like the time you cleared those GIANT RATS out of old man Sauls cellar, or when you solved the NEFARIOUS THEFT of Grandma Macie's THIMBLEBERRY PIES.

The tavern is mostly empty, the night is young, so the barmaid is quick in bringing your MILK. This meeting has been called to come up with a COOL NAME for your adventuring crew, and share any ADVENTURE HOOKS that may have turned up on THE STREETS.

But before all that, you have to take ROLL CALL.

Characters:

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheb (click to show/hide)

Other Info:

Spoiler: Signup Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waiting List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RIP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:27:34 am by kinseti »

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (signups)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:11:43 am »

Watching.

Pretty sure this should be in RtD.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 02:14:58 am »

Name: Asiram
Race: Human
Profession: Ordinary Magician
Color: Black, mostly, sometimes purple

Name: Darrell
Profession: Professional Street Performer (knife throwing), thief
Color: Ordinary, Nondescript Earth-tones; Brightly coloured waistcoat for performances.
Background: Nothing much, just picked up knife throwing as a hobby one day. Later discovered that his nimble fingers were good at picking locks and pockets, too.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 02:18:57 am »

Daniel
Human
Hand to hand instructor
Orange

Eh, I'm in :D
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 02:20:41 am »

Pretty sure this should be in RtD.

Yeah, I was on the fence about that. Same general format, but it'll be a bit more complex than the 1-6 rule of success RTD's use. Mostly to avoid the RTD issue of pushing a button being as likely to fail as doing a backflip while kicking a shark in the face.

Color: Ordinary, Nondescript Earth-tones; Brightly coloured waistcoat for performances.

Heh, I meant your colour as represented on the map :)

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:12 am »

Name: Susan
Profession: Weaponsmith's daughter (sword fighting (She practices with the weapons made))
Color: Pink
Background: Daughter of the best weaponsmith in the village. Pay no heed that he's the only weaponsmith in the village, he's still the best. Try as he might he just can't stop his daughter from watching him at his trade and trying her hand at making weapons herself. She's been drawn to books of the famous dwarven runesmiths of lore and has been trying to reproduce the art herself lately.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 02:39:33 am »

Name: Asonn
Race: Winged Human
Proffesion: Aeromancer
Colour: Blue
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 02:48:21 am »

Heh, I meant your colour as represented on the map :)

Oh, right.
Green anyway, apparently. :P

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 03:15:58 am »

Will update OP with characters, including descriptions of abilities and inventories shortly. There they are, imagine that.

Oh I forgot, there will be bad MSPaintings.

Feel free to proceed with your first actions, or arguing about a team name as you see fit. Let's get rolling. FIRST TURN GO!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:49:35 am by kinseti »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 03:20:45 am »

Ditch the hooded cloak. You never thought it looked good and it doesn't really help you hide yourself...
And listen in silence as the others deliberate on what to do next.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 03:29:08 am »

Susan drinks from her glass then sets it down before asking, "What are we doing here again?"
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (turno uno)
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 05:15:47 am »

Wishing he had brought a novel Asonn, bored with waiting suggests that the team should be called The swords of ignorance and then starts scanning his handbook
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 05:18:54 am »

Susan just stares at Asonn. "That's a stupid name! Why would we want people to think we're ignorant? And it doesn't have anything to do with what we do. I say we should be named Adventure Inc. And we need to get our own war-dog to be the mascot." Susan leans back in her chair and nods to herself.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 05:24:24 am »

Adventurors inc. will make people think we are the arm of some faceless, soulless organisation, but i agree with you on the dog, hmm you are right about my suggested name though, does Wardens of freedom sound

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 05:32:55 am »

Susan thinks on it for a bit before answering, "Better. I do like the 'Wardens' part, but not the 'Freedom' part. Maybe 'Wardens of Adventure' or 'Mystery'?

She ponders a bit longer before speaking again. "Wonder if we can get a talking dog that has trouble with her 'R's..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9