Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: You Meet in a Tavern  (Read 7140 times)

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (violence!)
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2010, 06:45:40 am »

While the bandits are focusing on Asonn, Susan steps back and FOCUSES her ENERGY for a FEROCIOUS SWORD ATTACK on the bandit that she's been attacking.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2010, 08:42:02 am »

Second direction? Can you give him some kind of empathy towards animals? I know it sound elven, but he had no other friends than dogs and cats, back in the Mountainhome.

Also, can we suggest abilities?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:38:46 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2010, 09:27:25 am »

...I can see that going badly for us as well since it really wouldn't affect JUST the enemies...DO IT!
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2010, 04:36:56 am »

In a last-ditch effort to defeat the rogue brutes, Darrell tosses up his apple as a distraction, and performs a magnificent somersault around Pancho, aiming to slice his hamstrings.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2010, 06:26:26 pm »

I have that darrel might possibly make it...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2010, 09:46:56 pm »

Turn 9 - KO

It strikes all members of your party SIMULTANEOUSLY and INDEPENDENTLY that this ENCOUNTER is perhaps not going as well as it could have.

Asonn : You start PANTOMIMING a RIDICULOUSLY EPIC SPELL. Although he thinks you are probably BULLSHITTING, the Theef decides not to risk in and focuses his attention on you.

Darrell : You DISTRACT Pancho with a fine act of PRODUCE LEGARDEMAIN, tossing your apple and DODGING behind him. You LASH OUT at Pancho trying to HAMSTRING him with a DOUBLE-FISTED ASSAULT.
Darrel (1d6 + 2) = 8
Darrel (1d6 + 1) = 2
Pancho (1d4 + 5 - 1) = 7

Only ONE of your swings RINGS TRUE, and fails to injure your opponent to ANY GREAT DEGREE. Shame, it would have been pretty fucking cool.
FUN FACT : Dual-Wielding small weapons splits your Hotbloodedness bonus, but retains the weapons standard attack roll.

Susan : You CONCENTRATE on the nearest WILEY BANDIT and prepare a STRIKE of DEVASTATING HAVOC.

Pancho : Pancho's face DISTORTS WITH RAGE as he attempts to lay a FINISHING BLOW on an injured Darrell.
Pancho (1d8 + 5) = 10
Darrell (1d4 + 3) = 6
Pancho BLUDGEONS Darrell in the HEAD with his KNIFE'S HILT. Darrell COLLAPSES UNCEREMONIOUSLY. Pancho GUFFAWS in VICTORY, turning his attention to the remaining AGGRESSORS.
FUN FACT : Negative Determination results in unconsciousness. In this state, Determination decreases by 1 per turn unless an ally stabilizes your condition. -5 Determination results in death.

Theef : The Theef attempts to disrupt Asonn's ILLEGITIMATE MAGERY using his LARGE STICK.
Theef (1d6 + 4) = 9
Asonn (1d4 + 2) = 3

The Theefs WHACKING connects firmly with your GUT, and he nearly LAYS YOU OUT with a SINGLE BLOW. Perhaps you were not CUT OUT for MELEE COMBAT.

Dog : The FIERCE WARDOG abandons his PREVIOUS ACTION and trots towards Darrells body. The Dog whimpers and starts licking Darrells WOUNDS. Given the dogs PRIOR ACTIVITY, this is a BIT SQUICKY, but Darrells condition is STABALIZED.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2010, 11:16:38 pm »

Susan unleashes her STRIKE of FURY upon the thief attacking Asonn. If he dies/falls unconscious she turns her attention toward Pancho. If not she doesn't.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2010, 11:26:23 pm »

Darrell lies unconscious on the floor, metaphorically twiddling thumbs.
But damn, that would've been so badass if it worked...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2010, 04:40:46 am »

How dare he, i hadnt hit him, (more ranting here)

Enter a NERD Rage and bash him on the head
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2010, 02:19:32 pm »

Ahem...
hotbloodedness 1
grit 2
:-\

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2010, 02:30:37 am »

Still metaphorically twiddling thumbs...

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2010, 05:08:06 am »

Ya know, my arms are getting kind of tired just standing here holding my arms up like this.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (not dead I promise!)
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2010, 12:03:17 am »

Oh no, I've become one of those horrible people who are horrible about their forum games. Both this week and this battle have been a bit of a gongshow, I think, so hopefully it's out of the way in both cases and I can be a bit less horrible for a while. Also Sheb I'll make your character sheet when I get home from work, I'm on a bit of a schedule tonight and it's just not going to make it :P Next turn you're in for sure FOR SURE, and in fact, you can start now if I've given you enough information to work with here.
And for the record, your opponents aren't going to be such sissies all the time, but hopefully your tank won't run away on the first turn of a battle again.

Turn 10 - HE'S ALREADY DEAD

Oh man, did anyone else notice that VERY LONG DRAMATIC PAUSE?

Susan : You unleash a PERFECTLY TIMED and BRUTALLY POWERFUL blow on the ENEMY COMBATANT!
(8 + 6) = 14
(1d4 + 3) = 4

The foes NECK is caught directly in the path of your POWERFUL STRIKE, and you COLLAPSE HIS TRACHEA. He lies motionless on the floor.

Asonn : You BASH him in the HEAD.
(1d6 + 1) = 7
(1d4) = 2

God Asonn, he's ALREADY DEAD, HE'S ALREADY DEAAAAD!!!!

Darrell : Hum de dum herm....

Pancho : Pancho starts to LOSE HIS COOL.
"YOU KIDS ARE FUCKING CRAZY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING"
He stands in indecision for a moment, and then BOLTS towards the entrance.
"MARK MY WORDS WARDENS, I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS!"

Theef : The only henchman still MASTER of his own VITALITY sobs quietly in the corner. Out of FEAR or GRIEF, no one knows.

Dog : The FIERCE WARDOG tilts his head to the side and lets his tongue loll.

Despite your first EPIC BATTLE playing out as more a COMEDY OF ERRORS, your entire team gains an INDETERMINATE AMOUNT of EXPERIENCE, and progresses to THE LEVEL of TWO. Your Determination and Pizazz MIRACULOUSLY return to you, which is good, they were getting DANGEROUSLY LOW there in some cases.

You all have TWO points to DISTRIBUTE amongst your STATS. Determination and Pizazz receive DOUBLE THE NUMERALS for each point spent, which is to say you can get TWICE AS MANY of them. You may also select ONE of the following additional ABILITIES:
Darrell : Gil Toss, Double Fisting Style, Mass Distract
Susan : Shieldbash Takedown, Bodyguarding, Backslash
Asonn : Spell : Second Wind, Spell : Designated Smoking Area, Diving Strike

Soft sounds fill the CAVERN around you. You hear muffled noises from within the cavern, sobs from the theef, the dogs heavy breathing, and Pancho's receding footsteps. It occurs to you Susan, you just KILLED two people. That does not entirely SIT WELL with you.

Sheb : Man, these ropes are starting to CHAFE. Why did those guys have to tie you up? They could have just taken the SOAP DELIVERY and let you go. And where did they run off to? Hey, you can still hop in these ropes! You wonder if you could just HOP AWAY. But then you'd have to leave the SOAP, and you might not GET VERY FAR. That puppy has been giving you the EVIL EYE for hours, you swear to god. What is with that puppy? Maybe you should just HOP AWAY.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:19:06 am by kinseti »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2010, 12:10:11 am »

Darrell decides that the flashy thief route is quite horrible, and that problems are best solved through sheer mangrit and willpower, and that throwing coins is quite an effective tactic.
He then scrambles to grab all of his throwing stuff (except the apple, I don't want to know how scummy that cavern floor is) and loot the bodies of all valuables.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (not dead I promise!)
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2010, 12:53:16 am »

Grit and Pizazz get the increases. And wish I knew what bodyguarding and backlash did.

"HEY! That's my loot!" Susan quickly gets to the body of the thief she just downed (broken neck guy) and loots him before Darrell can get to it. She then stands up and looks back into the cave. "What's making that sound?"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9