Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Lose/Lose  (Read 4530 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Lose/Lose
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 02:43:21 pm »

Or make it a binary code of a score, when translated it says bay12. or not.
Hello Hunam

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »

Sounds like the only good game for a Mac.

Then you can get Windows afterward.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »

Sounds like the only good game for a Mac.

Then you can get Windows afterward.
except if, say, your parents force you into it and you just destroyed your main source of entertainment in the world, with no chance of another, better than a sack of peanuts computer.

good thing i didn't get it.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 02:56:01 pm »

I cannot /wait/ for this game to come out on computers a hundred years from now.  You know...the computers we will have that are implanted into your brain.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 02:58:05 pm »

I cannot /wait/ for this game to come out on computers a hundred years from now.  You know...the computers we will have that are implanted into your brain.
dear god no.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 03:06:26 pm »

dear god no.

Are you kidding? Talk about natural selection in action!

"Hey kids, this game will delete random chunks of your brain!" "Umm, that sounds dangerous. I'll pass."

vs

"Hey kids, this game will delete random chunks of your brain!" "SW33T, gimme gimme gimme!1!"

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 06:26:13 pm »

Bah. This is just pretentious bullshit.

If you want to be really evil, make a game where you actually remove viruses from your computer, with more dangerous viruses being tougher to defeat. Have it actually work; the game does the standard antivirus tasks when you complete game objectives.

"Wait, what's evil about killing viruses?"

Ahh, see, if you don't have viruses on your computer, you can't play the game- your character just drifts along on green grassy fields all day with nothing to kill... :D

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 06:28:37 pm »

I like this idea.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 06:31:52 pm »

Bah. This is just pretentious bullshit.

If you want to be really evil, make a game where you actually remove viruses from your computer, with more dangerous viruses being tougher to defeat. Have it actually work; the game does the standard antivirus tasks when you complete game objectives.

"Wait, what's evil about killing viruses?"

Ahh, see, if you don't have viruses on your computer, you can't play the game- your character just drifts along on green grassy fields all day with nothing to kill... :D
Win/Win?

I don't know, I much would prefer a game that does that, except in cripples the viruses instead of deleting them, and then sends them back through whatever connection they came through. Fully functional, except working for you now. I'd call it Revenge/Revenge.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 06:34:32 pm »

The evil bit would be both encouraging people to get viruses, and leaving the viruses alone if they can't kill them, I assume.
Eh?
Eh!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 06:38:20 pm »

This... this is stupidest thing I've ever heard. Now, I know I've said that many times in my life, but I think this is actually the one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 06:51:12 pm »

Didn't we talk about this game before?  Why are we talking about it again?  It's just... completely dumb.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 07:25:52 pm »

So...if you actually try to win the game, you will eventually destroy your computer?

If that is the case, I think I should go show this uh...cool space shooter to some uh...friends of mine.

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 10:02:52 pm »

All i can say is...

What... the... fuck...

A game that deletes your own files. Now that'd be funny if you made basically millions of kilobyte text files, and maybe added a few harmless viruses inside them, and played it, but... deleting your own files? Jeez. That game could be one neat prank though.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 02:48:33 am »

I'm pretty sure that this is Modern Art.

And like all Modern Art, some people consider it stupid, while some people admire it.  It's all just a matter of taste.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5