Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: memory loss  (Read 2700 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
memory loss
« on: August 28, 2010, 10:57:16 am »

My Memory dropped from 'Below Average' to 'Abysmal'. Do elves get senile? Or did I get head trauma from standing up to be pounded back down repeatedly by colossus?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: memory loss
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 11:13:24 am »

That depends, did the sudden memory loss occur after retiring and playing again?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:16:51 am »

odd as elfs dont get senile so i put it doen to brain trauma.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 11:26:56 am »

Could be. I haven't retired, and this sudden drop while I was trying to train dodging, and I kept standing so the colossus would charge me again. Nothing appears in health status regarding head injury, though.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 11:39:59 am »

I have seen cases where an adventurer's memory gets suddenly worse after retirement, but this is new. Are you sure you didn't get your head slammed when you weren't looking? Check the combat reports.

roger123275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:02:25 pm »

My Memory dropped from 'Below Average' to 'Abysmal'. Do elves get senile? Or did I get head trauma from standing up to be pounded back down repeatedly by colossus?

:o

Run. Run very, very fast.

It gave me 56 dwarves to reclaim with... I'm hoping the game is just being nice to me...
Good job Roger!

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 12:46:41 pm »

Does the Memory stat even matter? I never bothered to figure out what the memory stat even did, im not even sure if it affects an adventurer (like for example a supercreative adventurer cant even make anything and if its like a for example "shy dwarf wont party" thing it also wont matter as the actions is up to the player)

Maybe it changes how long the announcements stay before vanishing from the announcements button menu.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 12:52:05 pm »

I got slammed repeatedly, on the ground, against obstacles, into water, and other than stunning, no remarkable report about hitting my head. I haven't had any head injuries show up on the health sheet. My Analytical and Creative abilities have been going up somehow, and Focus and Willpower are still maxxed. No change to linguistic ability.

I don't think Memory stat is necessary, I'm still gaining skill at the same rate, but I wonder if there's a critical low beyond which the adventurer becomes an unplayable vegetable.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 01:43:31 pm »

I got slammed repeatedly, on the ground, against obstacles, into water, and other than stunning, no remarkable report about hitting my head. I haven't had any head injuries show up on the health sheet. My Analytical and Creative abilities have been going up somehow, and Focus and Willpower are still maxxed. No change to linguistic ability.

I don't think Memory stat is necessary, I'm still gaining skill at the same rate, but I wonder if there's a critical low beyond which the adventurer becomes an unplayable vegetable.

Just like in the old Fallout games, where everything a low-int character can say is "Derr", "Eoh?", and "Uh-uh".

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 01:57:32 pm »

I still have my intelligence, so it's more like I'll keep asking asking everyone the same thing over and over. "Service? Profession? Family?"

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 02:21:58 pm »

I still have my intelligence, so it's more like I'll keep asking asking everyone the same thing over and over. "Service? Profession? Family?"

-Greetings, my name is Tor Incestface.
-Hello, human. My name is Urist McDorf.
-You look like a mighty warrior indeed!
-Im one!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 02:52:04 pm »

Weird. this reminded me of when i got superhuman linguistic ability. an guess how i did...
i walked. on a glacier. alone. for weeks...
now this makes me wonder, what raises atributes?

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 03:17:52 pm »

Weird. this reminded me of when i got superhuman linguistic ability. an guess how i did...
i walked. on a glacier. alone. for weeks...

Wait, you walked on a glacier for weeks? And survived? Sooner or later, I always get crushed or encased in ice walls shooting up from the ground.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 03:25:08 pm »

well i modded in a flying character so i was all good, until the shootings of ice started erupting on top of each other, reaching to the highest z-level.

did you know the small crack in said upshoots lead to glacieal caverns? it's actually kind of dificult to land in the caverns because the crack goes straight to the seabed.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 03:27:58 pm »

I can definitely say my Intuition made mad jumps up to max when I was training Misc Objects. Willpower and Focus both maxxed while I was fighting a Colossus with a bronze warhammer; not sure if it was the hammer training or fighting while Drowsy was in the red.
Pages: [1] 2