Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Logging improvements  (Read 6821 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Logging improvements
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 02:35:51 pm »

I agree with everything here :)

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 03:15:51 am »

Another good message might be "dwarf x has been trapped" with the definition of beeing trapped beeing both unable to reach a meeting area or the borders of the map.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 01:49:28 pm »

* bump *
I hate to see this thread die... Doesn't anyone else approve of these ideas?

greenskye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 03:40:36 pm »

I've asked this question before in other channels, but never got an answer that worked. Can you turn off "<dwarf> has created a masterpiece" announcements? I start to hate my legendaries after the 15th straight page of legendary microcline mugs.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 05:24:32 pm »

I've asked this question before in other channels, but never got an answer that worked. Can you turn off "<dwarf> has created a masterpiece" announcements? I start to hate my legendaries after the 15th straight page of legendary microcline mugs.
This question is not appropriate for this forum area or thread topic. You could have easily started a new thread to ask this in the DF Dwarf Mode Discussion area or the DF Gameplay Questions area. Folks on these forums are usually polite and helpful and if nobody answers a question it's probably because it's either an obvious question that's been asked and answered a zillion times or most people honestly don't know the answer.

However, it just so happens that I accidentally stumbled across the answer to this question last night (... I think). So I'll answer, but in the hope that in your next response you'll at least give your opinion on the main topic.

Go into the "...\data\init\" folder inside your Dwarf Fortress game directory. (Probably something like C:\Dwarf Fortress\data\init\ .) Next, make a backup copy of 'announcements.txt' (using copy and paste, renaming extension to .bak). Then, open the 'announcements.txt' file in a text editor and scroll down to the middle of the list and try deleting these lines:
Spoiler: "Delete these lines" (click to show/hide)
Finally, save the changes.

BTW: If that does not work, you could restore from the backup copy and try changing them like this:
Spoiler: "Or alter these lines" (click to show/hide)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 03:43:10 am »

I hate to see this thread die... Doesn't anyone else approve of these ideas?

I still do :-)

And I have started implementing them as dfhack plugin: http://code.google.com/p/df-soundsense/source/browse/trunk/SoundSense/dfhack/scripts/soundsense.lua
Pages: 1 [2]