Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A (minor) sound bug  (Read 774 times)

GameHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A (minor) sound bug
« on: December 01, 2007, 11:11:00 pm »

90% of the time my computers sound output is through a SB Audigy sound card.

When I play a game that can use voice chat(TF2), I plug in a USB Logitech headset.  This overrides (PnP) the SB card and all sound and voice go through the Logitech headset.

If, during a particular computing session, I have swapped in the headset the audio in DF (both the intro music and the addictive game play classical guitar music) become heavily distorted.  It doesn't matter which sound output device I'm using at the time of launching DF (SB Audigy or USB Logitech Headset).  If I have swapped the sound output at any time during the current computing session the sound is badly distorted.  I can still identify the DF music as DF music, but like I said it is badly distorted.

A restart of the computer with the USB headset unplugged fixes the issue.

As the subject line says, this is a fairly minor bug, but I thought I'd report it nonetheless.

GameHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A (minor) sound bug
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 11:12:00 pm »

Also DF is the only program I've found that has this problem with sound output swapping.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: A (minor) sound bug
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 02:04:00 am »

I suppose it does it with the title music in Kobold Quest too?  There's probably some sort of thing I'm supposed to be doing with the FMOD library that I'm not doing.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!