Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 28943 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #300 on: December 04, 2010, 01:56:28 pm »

Poltifar Vs. ???:
The old man acts faster this time, quickly pulling out another vial and drinking it. There is no obvious effect, but when Xavius moves in to launch another spike of rock at him the blow simply glances off, the spike shattered against the old man.

Nivm Vs. Ganth:
Croix vanishes in a burst of sand once again, while Ganth begins making elaborate hand gestures. Another storm fills the arena, and when it fades Ganth is flying over a deep pit with wings and a spear of light.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2010, 01:29:41 am »

There happens to be another sandstorm, and sadly; neither of my opponents so far have let themselves lose skin in something like that. Perhaps that will be my power goal for this match, and next match. I must insure that there is no more skin by the time the match ends. Hm, I wonder if I could put together some cleaning spells.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2010, 10:30:16 am »

Nice bump. Still don't have an action from Poltifar, but seeing as you two are in different fights...

Ganth is buffeted about by another storm, this one focused much more intensely. He looks like he'll be able to continue fighting through it for a while, but he clearly has no idea where Croix is, and has gone totally on the defensive.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2010, 11:04:03 am »

Still no Poltifar?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2010, 12:07:14 pm »

I sent my actions this morning...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2010, 12:26:21 pm »

(Updates to this and my RTD will be sporadic for a while. Exam week is coming up.)

Nivm Vs. Ganth:
More tunnels open up briefly from the sand, and Ganth is suddenly bound by ropes of water latching onto his limbs. He struggles for a while, but becomes weaker and weaker until he vanishes, suffocated by a more subtle spell.
(A winner is you!)

Poltifar Vs. ???:
Xavius begins poking the stone man repeatedly, each blow magically enhanced to push the man around, but not strong enough to actually hurt him... at first. Suddenly one hits the man's store of potions, and in a chaotic flash of magic the fight is ended.
(A winner is you as well!)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2010, 03:18:09 pm »

Well, I'm really running out of options for skin removal; it appears my knowledge is just not up to that particular task.

I run into the arena at the last minute, and preform a sketchy bow before the match begins.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2010, 06:14:25 pm »

Well, I'm really running out of options for skin removal
It would help if your targets didn't have magical resistance of various kinds.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2010, 10:11:19 am »

Xavius laughs madly at what he considers a hilarious victory before finally being able to leave the arena for his break before the next match. Taking his time to rest, he then returns to the arena a few minutes early to wave at the crowds.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:13:12 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2010, 10:42:54 am »

Final battle!

The battle begins the same as Croix's other matches, but Xavius is not effected by the sandstorm. The storm attempts to bury him ,but he moves too quickly, remaining safely on top of the sand.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2010, 06:09:09 pm »

Dragnar; where are the explosions? There must be explosions.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:16:53 pm by Nivm »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 23, 2010, 02:50:59 pm »

Bleh, been distracted since Monday. Shouldn't be any more delays for a while now. (also: I never got actions for this turn from most of the people not in the tournament...)

Final battle:
The air in the arena begins to become cloudy as Xavius begins summoning more flames, but moments later the air catches fire and he is knocked to the ground, surrounded by a circle of glass. As he stands back up tendrils of water begin to form all around him.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2010, 03:14:26 pm »

Did you send turn results to people not in the tournament? I don't remember receiving mine.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2010, 03:38:17 pm »

Did you send turn results to people not in the tournament? I don't remember receiving mine.
Not yet. Though the last fight should be over in another round or two, and the we can continue. But you are the only person not in the tournament to have sent in ANY action.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 24, 2010, 09:39:56 pm »

The tournament has been going kinda slow, but I expected people would be trying to do more things during that time, instead of forgetting. Would be nice if there was more discussion during these times, such as if players got to randomly possess tournament spectators and have them experience mischief.

I expect Christmas should be a delay.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25