Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 28964 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »

Well if you would send me back my spell list I added to my LAST Action Post I can send my action for this event...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »

Well if you would send me back my spell list I added to my LAST Action Post I can send my action for this event...
Hmm? Ah, one sec...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2010, 03:46:01 pm »

(This will be the last update til next Tuesday. I have a massive history paper to write, and won't have time to finish the turn.)

The contestants try repeatedly to pierce the unyielding surface of the water, but their boats are driven back to shore no matter what they do. Still one mage enters the water unimpeded, swimming through the water as if it were normal. For hours he does not return, but as the sun sets he strides out of the lake holding what appears to be a completely ordinary rock, almost spherical but not unnaturally so. Still, he is certain this is the prize, and the mages in charge of the contest inform the others he is correct.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2010, 08:17:14 am »

(Since that was a new turn that passed, don't I get to research the spells I sent you by PM a few days ago?)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2010, 09:19:53 am »

(Since that was a new turn that passed, don't I get to research the spells I sent you by PM a few days ago?)
won't have time to finish the turn.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 23, 2010, 11:18:56 pm »

And I'm back. I'll have the turns done tomorrow. (A little late today)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2010, 02:28:45 am »

Did I send in a Study action or is that still pending???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2010, 02:37:16 am »

I was going to post a reminder, but it appears I missed it. I don't think any of us have gotten private messages yet, Neyvn. I expect he sends them all at once to try and even out the amount of planning time people get. And of course, actions can interact.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2010, 02:49:51 am »

I was going to post a reminder, but it appears I missed it. I don't think any of us have gotten private messages yet, Neyvn. I expect he sends them all at once to try and even out the amount of planning time people get. And of course, actions can interact.
No I was asking IF I had sent one in or not...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2010, 03:09:12 am »

Scroll to top→Profile→Personal Messaging→↓

You'll need to clear them out regularly, but this saves so much trouble.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2010, 06:34:55 am »

Scroll to top→Profile→Personal Messaging→↓

You'll need to clear them out regularly, but this saves so much trouble.
This I needed to know 100000000 PMs ago, *number may or may not be exaggerated...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2010, 10:53:22 am »

The third day of the tournament has begun! This time the contest is a more predictable challenge: an elimination tournament, accepting 8 participants. No one will die, the archmages having already cast protective spells on the arena to teleport the wounded away as soon as they pass out.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:29:20 pm by dragnar »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2010, 08:39:02 pm »

After making arrangements for my absence during the day, I troop out to the academy arena and sign myself up.

Will we have to post at least vague actions in the thread for this? Or will you being taking care of all the description?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Will we have to post at least vague actions in the thread for this? Or will you being taking care of all the description?
Post actions... I think. That might give to much of an advantage to the second one to post... opinions?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2010, 09:01:45 pm »

I think we should post what's going to be seen by the arena spectators, they you post anything the players missed. The detailed actions and responses should still be in private messages, but you only need to use them when the players percieve something no one else does. I expect the stands to be packed, since magical explosions are pretty.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25