Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 28936 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2010, 12:39:18 pm »

"Dear Isaac

Just a note to say that everything is OK here. I found what I was looking for and will send you another message as soon as I am finished. I hope you've been able to take up residence with professor Ellis as planned?

Yours sincerely,
Christopher.

P.S. Tell Lidia that everything is OK here, she'll be worried sick by now."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2010, 04:40:33 pm »

P.S. Can we get an updated first post?
Updated with what?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2010, 08:02:17 pm »

The new list of syllables would be nice, maybe the players and their starting statistics, the new spell rules, a list of obvious locations. Not that I am advocating this, it should be easy enough to manage without it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2010, 01:06:07 pm »

This looks like a great game, any chance there's a waiting list to join? Or maybe even joining late might be acceptable? (I don't mind starting weaker than anyone else, this game intrigues me for the sandboxish/research feel of it, not the competitiveness)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2010, 01:26:29 pm »

Maybe? I don't know, brain no work right...
I'll get back to ya when I'm feeling good enough to do the next turn.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2010, 01:54:15 am »

I'm feeling better, so new turn's done.

The mages all continues to work on their separate projects. Ramirez and Croix meet up shortly before going their separate ways once more. Also, a tower has appeared in the distance, barely visible from the academy, in the direction Igniarli had went off in.

Watching/Waiting list/Late Joining...
This looks like a great game, any chance there's a waiting list to join? Or maybe even joining late might be acceptable? (I don't mind starting weaker than anyone else, this game intrigues me for the sandboxish/research feel of it, not the competitiveness)
No joining just yet. I'm too busy/lazy at the moment for any more players. You might get in in a couple of turns though.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:56:01 am by dragnar »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2010, 08:17:44 am »

I research again.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

I'm going to be meditating on the nature of universe. Since I don't have the school library to preform research anymore.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2010, 04:09:19 pm »

"Dear Isaac,

I'm sending you a message to inform you that I have met the eagle. I can't discuss the contents or the circumstances yet, though much should be revealed by the sing of the fox during the next passage. Keep an eye out for the eagle and fox sings. Several inches of the badger have been uncovered and the fox has shown to be very content about this, to the dismay of the rooster. I shall continue feeding the rooster until the eagle and the fox return. Just remember to never let anything of this become known to professor Ellis, he might succumb to the rooster before his time and that would be very disturbing.

I would also like to thank you for relaying Lidia's message to me. I can't sufficiently stress how much this means to me.  I am not yet able to contact her directly, as you are the only one I can relay messages to with a reasonable amount of privacy. I have not had enough time to write a reply, but you should receive one soon enough. Just remember to watch the fox sign.

Yours sincerely,
Christopher.

P.S. Please remember to tell professor Ellis about our previous conversation when the eagle sing comes. We may need to prepare him for the coming shock."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2010, 04:38:28 pm »

Non-specific summary of my turn: I'm doing non-evil actions, and it's likely that nothing much will come of it.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2010, 04:44:41 pm »

Does me getting my PM mean that it's a new turn?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2010, 05:35:29 pm »

The authorities have received word that the local bandit problem has been dealt with, though the details remain unknown.

Random event:(I've decided to have something random happen every turn. It might be relevant to the current situation, it might just be current events to fill out the game world.)
News has reached the academy of one of it's graduates taking over a distant city. He has named himself "Melkiv the omnimancer", and, astoundingly, seems to have the support of his people. Most would-be conquerors rule with an iron fist, and are overthrown within the week.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 05:41:16 pm by dragnar »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2010, 12:50:01 pm »

Does that mean it's a new turn or not?!
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2010, 01:04:18 pm »

Does that mean it's a new turn or not?!
Yes.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2010, 03:13:36 pm »

I've got 4 actions in, still waiting on Techno65535 and Nivm.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25