Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 28913 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2011, 10:29:32 am »

Xavius suddenly had a glimmer of inspiration. He would no longer be known simply by his name... No, for he deserved a title. A title rivaling that of the greatest wizards of the ages.

Henceforth, he shall be known as: Xavius, the Bleached Wizard.

Though he really wished the silly "archmages" at the academy would have some more interesting events prepared. What are mages, powerful masters of the elements, or common crowd pleasers and entertainers?!

He'd participate anyways. Might as well pass the time somehow.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »

More specifically, what has that Melkiv been up to?
Oh, I have plans for that still... but the game's timeframe is still too short for him to have done much. I might introduce several other mages over the next few turns, but I have some plans to move the game into it's next phase 5-10 turns from now, and things should get more interesting then. (expect the world to become more detailed then, I've been working on some worldbuilding recently, and will be replacing the rather bland, "make it up as I go" world then.)

Also: the finale to the tournament should be a bit less disappointing.(the one last turn was rather pathetic I'll admit. Not one of my best ideas) Up til then it is trying to test different skillsets every day, but the last one will most definitely be more dangerous than the others. As you said Nivm, the town isn't in much real danger from the mages nearby... but they DO create all sorts of abominations. And those have to go somewhere.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Roy Greenhilt

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU BROKE MY SWORD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2011, 03:27:34 am »

I see what you guys are doing! You are practicing the foulest of arcane magic and rituals! I could leak this to Faux News (XD) and get you shut down for being cultists.
Also, in exchange for me not doing that... I WANT IN
Waiting list please :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:29:36 am by Roy Greenhilt »
Xegeth: Consume Item: Glass of milk
Result: 1
Glass of Milk Killcount +1!
Glass of Milk Gained a Level!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2011, 01:00:06 pm »

But your are trapped on the waiting list, and you cannot catch us from there!
...besides, ye witch hunter, what makes magic foul or fair is how it is used.

I'm glad to hear you have plans Dragnar, I simply can't wait; I must accelerate them!
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Roy Greenhilt

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU BROKE MY SWORD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2011, 03:36:41 pm »

But your are trapped on the waiting list, and you cannot catch us from there!
...besides, ye witch hunter, what makes magic foul or fair is how it is used.

I'm glad to hear you have plans Dragnar, I simply can't wait; I must accelerate them!

CURSES! Foiled again by the waiting list!
Edit: actually starts thinking up some curses (or ways of researching them)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:03:53 pm by Roy Greenhilt »
Xegeth: Consume Item: Glass of milk
Result: 1
Glass of Milk Killcount +1!
Glass of Milk Gained a Level!

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 16, 2011, 12:01:30 am »

hey could i join the waiting list?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 16, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »

Malak is the winner!
I didn't notice this the first time either; I have so many names... I have finally sent in my action.

Sooouuulll Juice!
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 16, 2011, 11:25:09 pm »

Malak is the winner!
I didn't notice this the first time either; I have so many names...
Heh, whoops. Hadn't noticed that at all.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2011, 04:12:42 pm »

The contestants work their magic one by one, each creating a great show for the crowd.

The first temporarily turns the stadium into a giant aquarium, filled with fish.

The next raises a small volcano in the middle of the stadium.

Another(armok) summons a stone pavilion ans statue garden, organizing the summoning to a song and dance number.

The eventual winner(Poltifar) puts on an impressive pyrotechnic display. He begins by raising giant columns of fire, which form into hydra-like snakes of flame, snapping at the audience. Meanwhile, fireworks burst above the audience's heads. The judges begin to deduct points as he runs out of the stadium, when suddenly the entire area explodes into a ball of flame, which resolves itself into the shape of a dragon before dissipating. Meanwhile Xavius is collapsed on the floor outside. That last burst was a bit much for him.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2011, 04:37:24 pm »

> Throw down hat in disgust.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2011, 05:28:27 pm »

Supposedly the prize was going to be announced...

Learning what I have I'm now mildly worried about the last contest, and what it might entail. At the beginning, the academy announcements made it sound almost as though it was all considered one event, and that it would include the same players. Kinda like the first six days were sign-ups for the last. Eh, well, I'll just have to wait until it happens or it's announced.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2011, 03:57:16 pm »

1. *wonders why people aren't sending actions*
2. *realizes he never officially ended the turn*
3. *facepalm*

The final day of the tournament is here! The challenge: Enter the Academy's basement levels, reach the bottom, and return with the artifact you find there. All contestants may keep whatever they find on their way down, and the winner will receive a prize as usual. This time though, the contestant with the most victories(and no one has won two yet...) will receive the grand prize: the artifact the winner obtained today.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2011, 04:51:22 pm »

Xavius dashes eagerly into the basement the moment the challenge's start is declared.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 29, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »

I get tired of these tournaments and go back to my research.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 30, 2011, 11:23:54 am »

Whether or not to get out of bed today was a very easy choice; whether or not to attend the last, and most interesting, day was quite the reverse. I can attribute this to another, but I think I brought the most of it upon myself, this time.
 Well, I have a lot of bridges, perhaps I aught to make use of them.

Tangentailly, a dream of mine told of a horrible thing; a pit rimmed with eyes and marble that glides along the earth. It travels from afar, and brims with its namesake; "Lava". It's just as strange as the last one, but Dragnar makes me wonder.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25