Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kicking skill/Biting skill  (Read 1732 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kicking skill/Biting skill
« on: August 27, 2010, 02:36:33 pm »

How to develop and use these skills? When my hands are full, I use the appropriate weapon or misc object skills, when my hands are empty, they're always Striking.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kicking skill/Biting skill
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 03:01:47 pm »

Short Answer: Get your hands cut off.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 03:11:11 pm »

Alternatively you could try to remove punch attack from human entry in creature_standard.txt. I have not tested it, though.
By the way, Bronze Colossi's kicks seem to be much more fearsome then their strikes.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 03:21:57 pm »

"Well, Mr. Bash, you'll never masturbate again, but you're ready to become a Legendary Kicker. I think your mother would be pleased on both counts."

If I can achieve my goal of getting a figurine made of me roundhouse kicking a cyclops off a mountain, it will all be worth it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:46:04 pm by Dok Enkephalin »

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 05:34:20 pm »

I think that's only for animals, i also think toed didn't completely tune that area up.

Alizarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:28:18 pm »

I've looked this up before and I've found that the only way you can use these skills is by editing the object raws and changing your biting skill attack priority from second to main. Or, cutting off your hands may work... The post that I found this out at is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51964.0

Look at the fourth post, posted by jayseesee.
The Bull headbutt's the Minotaur in the buttocks, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone and tearing the nervous tissue through the cow leather trousers!
The Minotaur slams into an obstacle!
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/japanbullart.jpg

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 02:11:52 pm »

I'm really just curious as to what stats are increased by developing those skills. I don't really need to crosstrain another combat skill I'll never use again, much less get bilateral amputations for it. Though kicking a cyclops off a mountain would be pretty awesome.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:08 am »

Just edit the Creature_Standard .txt to make both punches and kicks main attacks - Then its basically random
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Failchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 07:30:08 am »

I really hope future versions enable you to select how you attack and where you aim.

Alizarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 05:11:12 pm »

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome, but I also think it would get annoying at times... having to go through a whole menu of body parts every time you want to attack.. If this is added, I think it should be optional to use this attacking method when ever you want.
The Bull headbutt's the Minotaur in the buttocks, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone and tearing the nervous tissue through the cow leather trousers!
The Minotaur slams into an obstacle!
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/japanbullart.jpg

Micr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 06:47:25 pm »

I really hope future versions enable you to select how you attack and where you aim.
THIS. It would make the combat system so much better. It would definitely be better than the "luck" system we have now.