Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Is this supposed to happen?  (Read 5245 times)

asnys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this supposed to happen?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 01:51:09 pm »

I've uploaded the file here:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3007

To find the site, just go to reclaim.   You won't see the HFS popup-that appears to have been a one-time thing-but you'll see the open caverns.   And maybe somebody can figure out why the worldgen I posted didn't work.   It's not modded, by the way, except for changing the migrant cap.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 01:51:53 pm »

While I look, can you try generating the world again with your own settings and see if the cave-in happens again?

asnys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 02:20:17 pm »

Okay, I regenned it, and it's the same world overland.   But the interesting features are gone-no cave-in, no open caverns.   I originally generated it using .10, so I'm going to retry using that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 02:25:45 pm »

Wait did you gen it in .10 and then play in .12? That could be it.

asnys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 02:54:24 pm »

Well, I regenned it in .10, copied it, and loaded it in .10; no HFS or caverns.   Then I copied the file from .10 into .12 and loaded it there; still nothing.   So this appears to have been a one-time-only deal.  ???

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 02:59:11 pm »

Damn, well it was awesome anyway. I've never seen that message about screams from the deep.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 03:04:42 pm »

Damn, well it was awesome anyway. I've never seen that message about screams from the deep.
The second message appears when HFS is breached(Well... when the demons spawn, but that happens one frame after closing the other message, so you can't really count it as seperate.). There is also another message that didn't show up here for some reason.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 03:05:50 pm »

The second message appears when HFS is breached(Well... when the demons spawn, but that happens one frame after closing the other message, so you can't really count it as seperate.). There is also another message that didn't show up here for some reason.
It does? Man it's been a while since I breached hell.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »

Oh god. What the hell will Worldgen do next? We've had an adamantine space elevator, floating caverns and now this!
くコ:彡

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 08:33:59 pm »

Oh god. What the hell will Worldgen do next? We've had an adamantine space elevator, floating caverns and now this!
Elaborate.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 09:10:20 pm »

woah....
but wait, should'nt this thread have a spoiler tag or something?

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 10:05:01 pm »

I was going to make a new topic, but this one serves my interests well. Would you guys count finding adamantine in the caverns as odd? (and having two of them- one for the magma sea, and the other sticking up into the caverns)

I can post screenshots if necessary.
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 10:07:13 pm »

oh that happens sometimes... it's just the adamantite pipe sticking up through the caverns, it still goes straight down into the sea.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 10:36:07 pm »

I've been getting collapsing caverns, but minus the HFS.  In one, there's an adamantine longsword lying around! I think it's bait set out by an FB.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 11:08:43 pm »

I've been getting collapsing caverns, but minus the HFS.  In one, there's an adamantine longsword lying around! I think it's bait set out by an FB.

Go find it! It'll be awesome!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4