Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Very weird start.  (Read 1019 times)

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Very weird start.
« on: August 26, 2010, 05:15:08 pm »

So, I started as a dwarf in my my new world I generated, and I tried to move. Then, out of nowhere, my vision goes to a small 6x6 square and I fall down. I check to see the health of my dwarf, and I apparently lost the ability to grasp, stand, or see. There were no wounds, and no creature attacked me. Also, I couldn't find any other dwarves, although that may have been due to my blindness. Is this a bug?

Edit: I tried another dwarven civilization, same thing. When I did a human though, it worked fine.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:23:43 pm by farecoal »
Tis a Dwarven Curse to wish Water upon thy enemies, something like "May all yer Ale Barrels run dry and yer tongue always taste water."

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Very weird start.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:05 pm »

Have you made any changes to the raw files or applied a mod to them?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »

No.

Edit: I went to a mountainhome as a human, and found that all of the dwarves were in the same situation as  my adventurers.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:57:09 pm by farecoal »
Tis a Dwarven Curse to wish Water upon thy enemies, something like "May all yer Ale Barrels run dry and yer tongue always taste water."

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 07:59:46 pm »

You sure you didn't change anything? This happened to me when I tried to make humans one size bigger.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:21:53 pm »

Nope nothing. This world was generated with PerfectWorld if that makes a difference.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 05:38:43 pm »

Maybe someone placed a curse on dwarfs?

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 06:08:43 pm »

I just spawned some dwarves in arena, and they just stand there and don't fight. I had some backup raws and used one of them instead, but I'm not sure if that will do anything.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 06:12:12 pm »

I just spawned some dwarves in arena, and they just stand there and don't fight. I had some backup raws and used one of them instead, but I'm not sure if that will do anything.

Maybe you accidentially put them on the same team instead of independent?

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 07:00:46 pm »

No, they were independent.

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 07:04:00 pm »

Okay, replacing the raws fixed it, for some reason. Thanks for helping me, though.