Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: D.C. - Capital of the Dwarven Republic - Megaproject  (Read 3728 times)

PKPhyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D.C. - Capital of the Dwarven Republic - Megaproject
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 04:47:30 pm »

Just an idea, but to include the botanical garden couldn't you just make a few farms designed like the botanical garden and let other plants grow in naturally?

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 04:58:27 pm »

Hmm. Yeah, I could. I'll probably have space to the south of the Capital building, so I'll see what I can do for the garden. It wouldn't be overly hard, compared to the complexity of some of the buildings.

Edit:

Here's some images/maps I'm referencing for information.

http://sc94.ameslab.gov/TOUR/tour-old.html

http://chowtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/nationamall-99.jpg

http://www.visitingdc.com/images/national-mall-washington-dc.jpg

I'm using several other sources too, but these aren't bad. And I know I'll have to use other information for more specific details for certain buildings.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:16:22 pm by Kamudo »
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 06:09:22 pm »

I've got other junk to take care of, so, here's screenies of my work. I'm not a fan of Stonesenses colors. Cause they screwed it up, when i'm using a white stone. o:<

Reflecting Pool
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfinished pool side and base of the Washington Monument

DF version of the stuff

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 07:52:37 pm »

Excellent! Is the little door thing on the Monument going to be un-built or is that an actual feature?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 07:56:09 pm »

Personally, I think the monument should only be accessible from a tunnel.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 08:24:27 pm »

I'm not sure, I just remember seeing a little door jutting out at the bottom of the tower. I can easily remove it.

And an underground tunnel wouldn't be bad. A tunnel from where/to though?

What you've seen so far is only a taste of whats to come, I hope. x_x I have yet to start on anything truly remarkable yet, as these are the easiest things to build. But once they're in, it'll help align stuff up nicely.

Is it possible to zoom out on Stone sense? So I can get an idea/scale of the Washington Monument?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 08:28:50 pm »

Posting to watch. This could be interesting...

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 08:55:28 pm »

Is it possible to zoom out on Stone sense? So I can get an idea/scale of the Washington Monument?
control f5 takes a picture of the whole fort, but full 3d visualisers are beginning to pop up.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

BrutalNoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 10:35:16 pm »

I live in DC and whole heartedly support this endeavor! This is going to really be a mega project though, many of these buildings are HUGE. I await the finished project eagerly.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2010, 12:07:42 am »

Thanks nbonaparte!

Thanks to you too, Noodle. Any advise/recommendations, since you live in the area? I think I've got most of the scale down, but it's still gonna be tough. D:

I'm also busy with a Succession Game.

I'll continue construction once my turn ends.

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2010, 03:31:49 am »

I've got other junk to take care of, so, here's screenies of my work. I'm not a fan of Stonesenses colors. Cause they screwed it up, when i'm using a white stone. o:<

Reflecting Pool

Unfinished pool side and base of the Washington Monument

DF version of the stuff

Changing the colors in Stonesense is pretty easy.  Open the appropriate xml file in the /colors/ folder.  If you want it to be white like marble, then set each RGB to 255 for whichever material it is you think should be white.  I can't tell in the pictures you posted which material it is.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2010, 09:49:52 pm »

Oh, alright. I'll give it a try.

I'm using Rock Salt. It's the the most common stone on my map. It was hard enough to find a decent area to start building so... I could care less about what stones to use. And as of this post, I'm going to resume construction for a while~

I also found some useful images, and just realized how difficult it will be to create the Rotunda of the Capitol building. I don't work well with Circles. @_@

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 09:56:11 pm »

You need display cases.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 10:03:31 pm »

How would I pull that off? I was just planning on making glass or something and putting stuff behind some glass.

I've been thinking about the Museum of Natural History, and I'm trying to figure out what to put in it. I know it's filled with Taxidermy animals and other natural stuff, but how would I accomplish that? Chain animals up on display? O_o

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2010, 10:16:02 pm »

Display case mod.
EDIT: it looks like it requires a regen... you may want to use it, you may not.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:19:58 pm by nbonaparte »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4