Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Why didn't you people tell me sooner? Dead State  (Read 23475 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't you people tell me sooner? Dead State
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2012, 06:29:32 am »

Funding achieved at $332635. All but one of the stretch goals reached.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2012, 02:40:43 am »

I have to admit, this whole kickstarter thing is kinda edgy for me... Theres likely a better topic to say it in but yea, I just find the whole thing a bit loose, as far as what actually happens to that money in the end. Are they actually legally liable to complete the full product?..

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2012, 04:28:42 am »

Define "full product" first. Then, who is going to sue them, if they don't release a thusly-defined full product? One guy for his whopping $50 contribution? No lawyer would take the time to bundle 10000 contributors of $50 into a class action, even if you could get that many to respond to inquiries and participate. It's too much headache for too little pay-off.

Nah, anything you give to Kickstarter is just gone. If a game materializes, enjoy knowing that you made something happen, not just for you, but for thousands of others including those that purchase it on mainstream vendors afterward. But if the company doesn't deliver, and especially if it simply doesn't deliver enough, then you basically have to let it go.

Kickstarter is venture capital, and that has always implied risk. You're not buying a game, just the idea of a game.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2012, 06:40:01 am »

Though the first few people who try for serious ripoffs that involve games are going to be hit with the full force of the internet hate machine.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2014, 02:37:37 am »

The early access/paid demo is currently being uploaded onto Steam. They will do some testing and hopefully this version has the showstopper bug removed and it should be available for purchase on Thursday. These are really nice, straight talking, honest guys who deserve support for a good game concept and respectable developer values.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2014, 02:41:58 am »

This is actually going to be released?

Shit, I've got some hats to eat.
Shoes...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2014, 03:29:57 am »

Am a backer and looking forward to the release!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2014, 08:27:44 am »

Shit, I've got some hats to eat.

Been there, done that.

In all seriousness, this is an Alpha, but it's closer to Arma III's notion of Alpha, where things are pretty well refined but limited in content to just a fraction of the projected finished gameplay hours. In this case they claim 6-10 hrs, with more for perfectionists. However, even experienced developers overestimate how little time it takes people to grind content. I imagine it's 4-5 hours of content and since it's Zombies, many people will play the same content a few times. I just worry that an overly linear demo may cause them some grief from players that were hoping for a sandbox experience.

It is a VERY fun game and a concept that could make it the best in class when finished.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2014, 08:53:16 am »

I'm very excited about this, I've been following development for years and it's great to finally see it edging closer to release!

Fingers crossed it's either everything I hoped it would be, or a very close approximation!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2014, 03:23:06 pm »

This is the only zombie game of the past 3 years that I've had any interest in. Well, except Cataclysm I guess.

It's just a shame it's coming out on the tail end of the zombie trend. It seemed to be one of the first to pop up on the radar, but then they took such a long time releasing it, anybody hearing about it just now is going to groan and think "oh, another zombie game, huh... greeaat."
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2014, 03:26:06 pm »

I guess if you mean PC games only, then maybe zombie games are on the tail end of their popularity. In the wider entertainment sphere, I think it still has a ways to go.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2014, 03:31:37 pm »

So Dead State is out and getting very positive reviews on Steam.

Anyone try it yet? I'm thinking of buying it, but wary of new releases in all their forms and guises.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2014, 03:43:35 pm »

Anyone try it yet? I'm thinking of buying it, but wary of new releases in all their forms and guises.

I'm curious too, although more in a "Put on my wishlist and buy at 75% off" kinda way.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2014, 04:11:55 pm »

I backed on kickstarter way back when...  Another game I need to download and play...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2014, 04:31:54 pm »

I'm curious too, although more in a "Put on my wishlist and buy at 75% off" kinda way.

I'm hoping for a winter steam sale
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11