Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Why didn't you people tell me sooner? Dead State  (Read 23470 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't you people tell me sooner? Dead State
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2012, 09:29:50 am »

Dead State's been vaporware so long I just can't muster any more enthusiasm for it.  If it comes out great, but it's completely fallen off my radar.

Going to have to second that, personally.

Thirded sadly, this sounds like pretty much the exact game ive been hanging out for, but this thread is 2 years old in a month or 2 and I dont have a pile of cash big enough to throw wads of it away on some sort of Duke nukem style dev timeline.

Edit.  I also have high hopes in Jono fox the LCS guy and his game on a similar stream.

If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2012, 12:24:30 pm »

Yah this game that's been in development for 2 years is definitely approaching Duke Nukem Forever.  ::)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2012, 12:30:21 pm »

I think I've seen longer development time elsewhere...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2012, 06:33:25 pm »

I think I've seen longer development time elsewhere...

Indeed. How come you guys forgot that game that took 8 years to finish and developed by a large studio (instead of a small indie team) leeching money off their overly popular MMORPG?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2012, 05:56:08 pm »

Dead State is funded! With two weeks left, they've just announced the stretch goals.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

ShinWalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2012, 11:29:08 am »

Update:

Dead State's Kickstarter campaign has been smashingly successful, and is ending tomorrow afternoon. So, the game *is* actually going to get made now, because its makers will now be able to quit their day jobs and work on it full-time.

Meanwhile, anyone who wants to get in on it while the campaign lasts can get the finished game for only fifteen bucks(!), if they pledge in the next day and a half. More capital means more full-time programmers and artists, which means a bigger, richer game for everyone, so buying in now not only gets you the game cheap, it also makes the game better. Anybody who hasn't given it a look yet (or recently), hop over and consider signing up for a copy! It looks great!

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2012, 11:40:30 am »

Oh yeah, Zombies! It's like an original concept except it's not and we've seen it a million times.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2012, 11:46:21 am »

Perfect. 28hours left on the kickstarter, and my work week just ended. Time to spend some o dat dosh! :D

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2012, 12:08:02 pm »

Why do Kickstarter projects always do this? It's infuriating. Give them money now and you, along with everyone else who helped fund, get an expansion that's just for you. Buy the game when it comes out for more than double what the funders paid? No pack for you. I hate the feeling of not getting the complete game when I buy it, therefore I refuse to help on principle.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2012, 03:01:00 pm »

Why do Kickstarter projects always do this? It's infuriating. Give them money now and you, along with everyone else who helped fund, get an expansion that's just for you. Buy the game when it comes out for more than double what the funders paid? No pack for you. I hate the feeling of not getting the complete game when I buy it, therefore I refuse to help on principle.
You don't seem to get it: without the early funding, they can't make the expansion pack at all most likely. They reward their backers by giving them that for free, and in turn they get to make the content. The Expansion also won't start development until after the core game is released. I'm not sure where the problem comes in - do you just hate the idea of expansion packs in general, because that's what it sounds like.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2012, 04:08:31 pm »

I don't hate expansions at all. I have problems when devs make something that most of the players (who pay double what the early adopters did) never have the option of purchasing, especially if it has any bearing at all on the story (it's not stated that it does, but whatever. This is the internet, never let facts get in the way of an argument).

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2012, 04:23:58 pm »

I don't hate expansions at all. I have problems when devs make something that most of the players (who pay double what the early adopters did) never have the option of purchasing, especially if it has any bearing at all on the story (it's not stated that it does, but whatever. This is the internet, never let facts get in the way of an argument).
They are not making it exclusive to backers. Backers get it to free because well they're helping the project exist in the first place. People who buy the game late have to pay for it. This is pretty standard - they want to encourage early backers, so they give rewards. That's kind of the entirety of every crowdsourcing project.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2012, 04:29:50 pm »

Mini-Expansion For Backers After Release

Sounds pretty exclusive to me.

Meh, it looks like it's just a weapon expansion. No biggie now that I look at it. There's still some time and it looks fun, so I may yet fund.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:37:36 pm by Mephisto »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2012, 04:42:43 pm »

$360k - Mini-Expansion For Backers After Release (Adds military-grade weapons and zones of control)
Ah you mean this?  Doesn't look like they are reaching it anyways, but meh, you have your principles to stand on.

Oh yeah, Zombies! It's like an original concept except it's not and we've seen it a million times.
Zombies they may get moldy and smelly...  but never will they become old.

EDIT: Used the wrong tag thingy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:46:36 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »

I think it's just poorly worded on the stretch goals list. In the actual update where they announced it, they clarify:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70755535/dead-state-the-zombie-survival-rpg/posts/252495

They say it's 'free for kickstarter patrons', with the implication being that anyone else can still pay to get it once it's released.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11