Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Why didn't you people tell me sooner? Dead State  (Read 23476 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't you people tell me sooner? Dead State
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2012, 07:36:46 pm »

Hm, starting as a self-funded project, vaporizing for a year and then asking for money doesn't bode terribly well, I'd say.
Vaporizing isn't really something I'd call it, nobody's been working on this fulltime but they've been updating when they've had anything to talk about pretty frequently on their forums
Indeed, I believe a number of them are working on other products within the company too?  Age of Decadence or was it something else?  Its all a blur to me.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2012, 08:58:20 pm »

Hm, starting as a self-funded project, vaporizing for a year and then asking for money doesn't bode terribly well, I'd say.
Vaporizing isn't really something I'd call it, nobody's been working on this fulltime but they've been updating when they've had anything to talk about pretty frequently on their forums
Indeed, I believe a number of them are working on other products within the company too?  Age of Decadence or was it something else?  Its all a blur to me.

Yup, and that seems to be rounding the corner on a release pretty soon, which means more time to focus on this one.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2012, 09:16:38 pm »

DO WANT.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2012, 07:23:46 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but the project reached 30% of targeted funds only 24 hours after its launched. Seems promising to me!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2012, 07:26:50 pm »

Dead State's been vaporware so long I just can't muster any more enthusiasm for it.  If it comes out great, but it's completely fallen off my radar.
Shoes...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2012, 07:52:10 pm »

True that progress has been slow, but having the project up on KickStarters is probably the kind of catalyst and exposure they need to get it finalised. And so far it shows the demand for the project is still there.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2012, 08:05:18 pm »

Dead State's been vaporware so long I just can't muster any more enthusiasm for it.  If it comes out great, but it's completely fallen off my radar.

I'm sure you know already, but most of the crew for Dead State has simultaneously been working hard at Age of Decadence. The latter now reaching the final stages has probably cleared up some more time for the artists and coders to work on this.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2012, 02:34:36 am »

Also note: they're making a fullass oldschool CRPG. That takes /a long god damn time/, especially when the number of people working full time on this game is like..2. That number is increasing though, and that's where Kickstarter is also going: to funding more of the team to be working at this full time.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2012, 01:43:27 am »

Has surpassed 50% funded with 26 days to go!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2012, 02:35:39 am »

several members of the Age of Decadence team
And with eight short words my interest in this game has been nullified. Yay!

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2012, 11:52:36 am »

several members of the Age of Decadence team
And with eight short words my interest in this game has been nullified. Yay!

I hadn't heard of Age of Decadence before this. I looked it up because of your post and was impressed with what I saw. What about it turns you off?
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2012, 07:29:42 pm »

Looks interesting! PTW

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2012, 07:30:19 pm »

I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2012, 10:53:20 am »

I've backed both this and AoD (they didn't have a kickstarter but took pre-order donations). Both are games I am looking forward to like hell but what secured the bid for me was the community interactions from the devs, they are engaged in the fora and take suggestions, they also don't do the corporate sugarcoating bullshit and just says it like they mean it, now that is sure to ruffle some panties but I think it was a breath of fresh air.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2012, 11:08:03 pm »

Going to have to second that, personally.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11