Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Why didn't you people tell me sooner? Dead State  (Read 23518 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't you people tell me sooner? Dead State
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2010, 09:47:47 am »

Troika?! Sweet
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2010, 11:43:56 am »

Looked through the offerings of Iron Tower studios, and if they ever manage to release a game, I will be happy. Their Age of Decadence game looks and sound like a lot of fun and will likely be out a lot sooner than the zombie game.

Yah AoD has been on the top of a lot of CRPG fans radar for a while. It's unfortunately been slow going but there's a playable combat demo to get an idea of it. Combat will be refreshingly familiar to Fallout players :D

Sadly Iron Tower is more a hobby shop than a serious studio at this time, they're ambitious as hell but of their four projects it's still unclear when any of them is coming. AoD has been described as having it's contents finished but being in polishing mode for about half a year. Most of the work on the game is part time :/

The Cyclopean game sounds cool too, there are not enough Lovecraft CRPGs by far.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2010, 09:36:28 pm »

I thought Age of Decadence was an already released the game that the board was made for, really old and obsoleted and stuff?

Also, I heard about this ages ago, when they just called it Zombie RPG.  (/unwarranted superiority)  I hadn't learned it had gotten an actual name until this post, though.

I'm kinda sad there isn't dynamic enter-a-building-and-pile-crap-up-by-the-doors barricading mechanic that'd let me make my safehouses anywhere I wanted - my dream zombie game is seriously to just rebuild a settlement/safe haven/SUPERSAFEHOUSE in the ruins, with rooftop-to-rooftop bridges and stuff - but this is definitely cool too.

If stealth is such an important thing... what happens if I get my hands on a bow?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:40:05 pm by Farce »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2010, 09:46:29 pm »

Nope, Age of Decadence has always been an ongoing attempt at recreating the feel of classic RPGs like Fallout and Arcanum. I think if we're lucky it'll be done within the next year :P

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2010, 11:21:16 pm »

-dary.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2010, 02:50:26 am »

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2010, 03:13:49 pm »

Do want.

A zombie survival game based more around SURVIVAL rather than just shooting everything in sight would be better than the generic slop Resident Evil has brought to the table.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2010, 05:26:00 pm »

You could try Fort Zombie in the meantime. It has a lot of gun play, but it's tough. Zombies home in on you, running away is limited by stamina, and it's got all the collection aspects. It's more of an explorer with an high lethality than a survival game with exploration. Still, a much better zombie experience than Resident Evil as far as the theme goes....(performance wise, it has issues.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2010, 06:03:57 pm »

I probably would have skipped fort zombie if I knew it's quality before I bought it. Was only $10 but that's $10 I could have spend on getting an SA account earlier than I did or some delicious pastry

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2010, 06:15:01 pm »

For $10, that would be a damned awesome pastry.

Now I want one.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2010, 06:16:03 pm »

For $10, that would be a damned awesome pastry.

Now I want one.

Well I must have paid close to that earlier for a Cornish Pasty, $15 between an ice mocha, a cookie, and the pasty :P

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2010, 09:55:05 pm »

don't know if it came up yet, but the 7.62 Smart Pause Mode would probably work well... After playing 7.62 I've decided that SPM is superior to 'turn based' in all ways... I cannot think of a single game (tactical-like game, that is) that was turn based that would not have been better in SPM.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2010, 10:00:59 pm »

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by Smart Pause Mode...but if it's anything like, oh, Dragon Age: Origins or Neverwinter Nights, it's ok.

I don't like ultimately how I feel after playing an hour of it though, of smacking the space bar at just the right moment to get the game to stop. One of the big appeals to TBS is that you can calculate a lot of results way in advance. It's for people who like chess as much as real time action.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2010, 10:03:02 pm »

Vastly prefer the fine control of turn based. It looks like it's a moot point, Brian and crew are set in their plans and all :P

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2010, 10:23:38 pm »

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by Smart Pause Mode...but if it's anything like, oh, Dragon Age: Origins or Neverwinter Nights, it's ok.

I don't like ultimately how I feel after playing an hour of it though, of smacking the space bar at just the right moment to get the game to stop. One of the big appeals to TBS is that you can calculate a lot of results way in advance. It's for people who like chess as much as real time action.
Nah, SPM is different.
It is essentially real time, but it automatically can pause after each 'action'. Each action takes a certain amount of time (a base time, that is modified by your attributes). If I have my character reload a gun, that takes 2.3 seconds, as soon as he is done with that action it will pause and I can give another order, like, walk to that building, which takes 15.2 seconds. Midway there, say 4.5 seconds into the action, an enemy may turn a corner, that will automatically pause- at which point I may cancel my order and replace it with one to raise my firearm (.46 seconds), then shoot at its head (.95 seconds), but, all the while the enemy is doing stuff as well, so during the time I am raising my firearm for better aim, it may be dropping down to prone, or something, taking a second or two.
It is ultimately real time, but it pauses after everything you do, and everything has a 'time' to complete which makes it really feel turn based. You spend a heck of a lot more time paused than not, and more often than not time is going at 1/5 speed, so a 1 minute fight will often take 15-20 minutes to play out.
it is Awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11