Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Describe yourself through DF traits  (Read 2811 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Describe yourself through DF traits
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 10:00:23 pm »

Lives life at a leisurely pace
Is not a risk-taker.
Does not go out of its/his/her way to help others.
Is in a constant state of internal rage.
Is always tense and jittery.
Can easily become absorbed in art and the beauty of the natural world
Is unassertive.
Is often cheerful.
Would rather intimidate others than compromise with them.
Often feels discouraged.
Has a strong sense of duty
Likes to try new things.
Considers spending time alone much more important than associating with others.
Is bored by reality and has a wonderful imagination.
Feels strong urges and seeks short-term rewards
Is entranced by riddles and puzzles and loves to debate issues and ideas
Is very willing to compare itself/himself/herself favorably with others.
Is put off by authority and tradition
Is organized.
Is concerned about rejection and ridicule
Is occasionally given to procrastination.
Is not straightforward when dealing with others
Does not actively seek friendships and is incredibly distant and reserved
Does not trust others.
Cracks easily under pressure.
Doesn't go out of its/his/her way to do more work than necessary
Has a great awareness of its/his/her own emotions
Is easily moved to pity.
does not feel effective in life
takes time when making decisions

Yeah...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 10:37:02 am »

Jaked122 loves to work, he does not like working outdoors. he puts all his effort into his work. he prefers being alone to being with a friend, and can't stand crowded fortresses.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 11:00:38 am »

Greiger likes steel, the color red, greatswords, and dragons for their terrible majesty. He needs Dr Pepper to get through the working day.

He lives life at a leisurely pace.
he is not a risk-taker
he is truly fulfilled by assisting those in need
he is always tense and jittery.
he is not interested in art.
he never speaks out or attempts to direct activities.
he can be very happy and optimistic.
he sacrifices his own needs to get along with others.
he prefers familiar routines.
he considers spending time alone much more important than associating with others.
he is put off by authority and tradition.
he is very disorganized.
he is concerned about rejection and ridicule.
he has very little self-discipline
he is candid and sincere in dealings with others
he is very friendly
he is trusting
he doesn't handle stress well
he strives for excellence.
he is incredibly compassionate and feels the pain of others.
he does not feel effective in life
he often does the first thing that comes to mind

I think that translates to cheerful, friendly, introvert with confidence issues.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 11:02:13 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Inquisitor Saturn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 11:26:40 am »

Dang, I was just coming here to MAKE this thread and I find it. Damn you! Oh well.

Inquisitor Saturn likes black sand, nickel, watermelon tourmaline, chairs, mechanisms, ants for their propensity to dig, and rats for their friendliness. When possible, he prefers to consume chocolate and ham. He lives life at a leisurely pace. He is very slow to anger. He appreciates art and natural beauty. He prefers others that others handle the leadership roles. He tends to avoid crowds. He is grounded in reality. He loves new and fresh ideas. He doesn't go out of his way to do more work than necessary. He needs coffee to get through the working day. He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 12:33:11 pm »

Haven likes Electronics, the color blue, handguns, and fish for their conversation. He needs complex games to get through the working day, and is starting to rearrange reality into game-shaped components due to their scarcity.

Haven is relaxed. He finds helping others rewarding. He is willing to compromise with others. He has a sense of duty. He likes to try new things. He tends to avoid crowds. He has a fertile imagination. He is self-conscious. He doesn't go out of his way to do more work than necessary. He takes time when making decisions.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 07:31:08 pm by Haven »

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 02:01:08 pm »

Mad Larks can't be bothered with frantic, fast-paced living. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He dislikes helping others. He is slow to anger. He has a very calm demeanor. He appreciates art and natural beauty. He prefers that others handle the leadership roles. He is rarely happy or enthusiastic. He doesn't like to compromise with others. He rarely feels discouraged. He dislikes contracts and regulations. He prefers familiar routines. He prefers to be alone. He has a fertile imagination. He occassionally overindulges. He loves new and fresh ideas. He is immodest. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very disorganized. He is self-conscious. He has very little self-discipline. He believes that some deception is necessary in relationships with others. He is very distant and reserved. He is slow to trust others. He can handle stress. He very rarely does more work than necessary. He tends not to openly express emotions. He is not affected by the suffering of others. He often does the first thing that comes to mind.

M'yeah, thats me. Sorry if it got rather long-winded.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 02:39:01 pm »

Pilsu has been fine lately. He ate a pretty decent meal lately. He dined in a good dining room recently. He slept in a good bedroom recently. He formed a grudge recently. He yelled at somebody in charge lately but only got angrier. He has lost a pet recently. He talked with a sibling lately. He talked with mother lately. He talked with father lately. He was caught in the rain recently. He was caught in a snow storm recently. He has been tired of drinking the same old soda lately.
Pilsu likes Birch, Sand, Silver, Red diamond, Cotton Pig tail Fabric, the color midnight blue, the color black, gauntlets and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, he prefers to consume cow and bloated tuber. He absolutely detests ants.
He can't be bothered with frantic, fast-paced living. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He finds helping others rewarding. He is in a constant state of internal rage. He has a calm demeanor. He greatly appreciates art and natural beauty. He is unassertive. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He is willing to compromise with others. He often feels discouraged. He has a sense of duty. He is resistant to change. He prefers to be alone. He is bored by reality and has a wonderful imagination. He feels strong urges and seeks short-term rewards. He loves new and fresh ideas. He finds immodesty distasteful. He loves to defy convention. He is disorganized. He is concerned about rejection and ridicule. He has very little self-discipline. He is guarded in relationships with others. He is very distant and reserved. He is trusting. He becomes completely helpless in stressful situations. He does the bare minimum necessary to accomplish the task at hand. He tends not to openly express emotions. He is easily moved to pity. He always feels as if he is not in control of his life. He thinks through every alternatives and their consequences before acting. He likes working outdoors and thoroughly enjoys inclement weather.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 04:37:10 pm by Pilsu »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 02:58:47 pm »

Is running around babbling!
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

DarkSim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 08:02:14 pm »

DarkSim has been ecstatic lately. He received -Cotton Socks- for Christmas. He dined in a legendary dining room recently. Had a truly decadent drink recently. He slept without a proper bed recently. He talked with a friend lately. He shouted at someone in charge recently, and felt better afterwards.

DarkSim likes Obsidian, Gold, Diamonds, old worn out Jeans, Beds, Computers and Panda for their incredible lazyness. When possible he prefers to consume Chinese, Japanese and Vodka. He absolutely detests children.

He Is relaxed. He Is a risk-taker and a thrill-seeker. He Does not go out of its/his/her way to help others. He Is very slow to anger. He Has a calm demeanor. He Does not have a great aesthetic sensitivity. He Loves to take charge and direct activities. He Is often cheerful. He Would rather intimidate others than compromise with them. He Rarely feels discouraged. He Dislikes contracts and regulations. He Is highly adventurous and loves fresh experiences. He Enjoys the company of others. He Is grounded in reality. He Occassionally overindulges. He Loves new and fresh ideas. He Is very willing to compare himself favorably with others. He Loves to defy convention. He Is very disorganized. He Is absolutely unfazed by the opinions of others. He Is occasionally given to procrastination. He Is very straightforward with others. He Makes friends quickly. He Is slow to trust others. He Is confident under pressure. He Thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He Has a good awareness of its/his/her own emotions. He Is not affected by the suffering of others. He is incredibly confident. He often does the first thing that comes to mind. He needs alcohol to get through the working day.

First fully totally complete one with each personality token given a value :D

Used:
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Personality_traits
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Thoughts
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Preferences

Makes it easy imo.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 08:20:42 pm »

Just picking from the page, I'd have gone with:

Is not a risk-taker.
Greatly appreciates art and natural beauty.
Is unassertive.
Is a pessimist.
Dislikes confrontations.
Often feels discouraged.
Prefers familiar routines.
Tends to avoid crowds.
Occassionally overindulges.
Loves new and fresh ideas.
Is modest.
Is self-conscious.
Is somewhat reserved.
Strives for excellence.
Tends not to openly express emotions.
Is compassionate.
lacks confidence

But I scored myself using 300 IPIP-NEO questions, and ended up with:

pickupsticks has been happy lately.  He Slept in a good quality bedroom recently. He Had a pretty decent meal recently. He Admired own fine tastefully arranged Christmas Lights lately. He Talked with a friend lately. He Talked with the spouse recently. He Made a satisfying acquisition lately. He Was disgusted by miasma. He was comforted by a wonderful creature recently. He was pleased to have been able to give somebody tea recently.

He likes stringed instruments, books, and cats for their aloofness.  When possible he prefers to consume bread, cheese and beer.

He Considers spending time alone much more important than associating with others. He Is somewhat reserved. He Never speaks out or attempts to direct activities. He Lives life at a leisurely pace. He Prefers familiar routines. He Is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything.
He Does not trust others. He Does not go out of his way to help others. He Is willing to compromise with others. He Would never claim to be better than somebody else. He Is compassionate.
He lacks confidence. He Has a sense of duty. He Has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions.
He Is often sad and dejected. He Is concerned about rejection and ridicule. He Doesn't often experience strong cravings or urges.
He Isn't given to flights of fancy. He Appreciates art and natural beauty. He Does not display his own emotions and has no awareness of them. He Is not a risk-taker. He Loves new and fresh ideas. He Is put off by authority and tradition.

:-\

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 11:09:37 pm »

Haha, it's entirely Toady-like to base personalities and stuff after something real. Actual geology, chemistry, and here, psychology. Hmm.. looks like I tend to lie in the extreme edges of personalities :P

Muz loves a good thrill. He finds helping others very rewarding. He is very slow to anger. He has a very calm demeanor. He loves to take charge and direct activities. He is often cheerful. He tends to avoid crowds. He is incredibly creative. He loves new and fresh ideas. He is modest. He is somewhat reserved. He constantly strives for perfection. He is mostly unaware of his own emotions and rarely expresses them. He is not affected by the suffering of others. He is very confident. He is extremely cautious.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 09:06:02 am »

He needs alcohol to get through the working day.

Hmmm, I think I'm gonna have myself a Duvel tonight.   :)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 02:44:59 pm »

Took that test myself.  Seems I am incredibly Agreeable (98%) but also incredibly Neurotic (also 98% with many of the facets maxed)  Also very Introverted, despite a high cheerfulness and friendliness.

So I nearly maxed the high points and nearly crashed the others.  That mean I'm crazy?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Inari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 12:23:12 am »

Inari is relaxed. She is not a risk-taker. She is often nervous. She greatly appreciates art and natural beauty. She is unassertive. She is often sad and dejected. She likes to try new things. She has a fertile imagination. She loves new and fresh ideas. She finds immodesty distasteful. She is candid and sincere in dealings with others. She doesn't handle stress well. She strives for excellence. She has a good awareness of her own emotions. She is compassionate. She does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:31:49 am by Inari »

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 03:41:25 am »

Holy hell! Just took that 300 question test, and scanning the results, found nothing too unusual (although my scores tended to be very high or low, and often with contradictory sub-facets) but then I came to the neuroticism section. A score of 98 for neuroticism, with my lowest score in the sub-facets being 72 in Anxiety. The next lowest were tied immoderation and vulnerability at 85. All the others were in the nineties. Compiling this, ill make a DF personality in the morning, after I sleep.

...KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!!!
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3