Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play the Temple of Elemental Evil [Hero Edition] Update 0: Party  (Read 10593 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'll enjoy watching this.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Creamcorn, modding in the Tellah portrait mucked the game up, so I'm just going to have to go with one of the defaults if that's cool with you.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huzzah! I'll make sure to put up a link in the first post in the paralel LP!

If you don't mind, I'd like to add this fellow to the waiting list:

Name: Bandobras
Race: Male Gnome
Class: Bard (Main), Rogue (2-4)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Abilities: High Charisma and Dex, Good Intelligence, Average Constitution and Strength, Poor Wisdom.
Height: Tall
Hair: Topknot
God: Garl Glittergold

Concepts:
- Start Rogue, add Bard for Crazy Social and Technical Skills.
- Rogue (2) for Evasion and Sneak Attack.
- Optional Rogue (4) for Uncanny Dodge, Better Sneak Attack, and best Save/BAB for a Rogue dip (Holy Reflex saves. Think of the Evasion! And BAB only 2 shy of a Fighter at 8th Level!)
- Ignore the Light Armor casting penalty. Chain Shirt + Caster!
- Weapon of Choice: Heavy Crossbow + Rapid Reload + Point Blank Shot + Precise Shot (+ Sneak Attack)
- Secondary Weapon: Short Sword + Weapon Finesse (+ Sneak Attack)
- Plays the biggest dang horn you can find.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:05:18 pm by Solifuge »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

I still have the cd for this somewhere.

Best game ever.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile

Name: Nernas Desolute!

When you start the LP, are you going to be narrating as your character?

Yeah. I'll be posting updates in a few hours, I appear to have broken something.

And since the first few who signed up are mostly casters, we will have casualties. >:D

It's the Temple of Elemental Evil, there are always casualties.

Wait, TOEE is the really brutal one right?

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Well, no D&D is brutal if you tweak and cheap your way through which ends up not being fun.

D&D is a game you have to "roleplay", not "rollplay".

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

Creamcorn, modding in the Tellah portrait mucked the game up, so I'm just going to have to go with one of the defaults if that's cool with you.

It had better be something embarrassing!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play the Temple of Elemental Evil [Hero Edition] Update 0: Party
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 08:12:37 am »

It is pretty embarassing.

Party Time!
(One of the cooler parts of this game is the fact that anything you can equip will show up on your character's model except for bracers, amulets, and rings.)

Piper

"Hi! I'm your intrepid leader! I'm the only one who can use a sword in this entire party! Take that, phallic symbolism!"
Equips: Bastard Sword, Chain Mail, Cloak

Ochita!

"No time for talk. More time for punching."
Equips: Clothes, Cloak

Nernas Desolute

"Did someone say, 'Burning Hands'?"
Equips: Quarterstaff, Robes

Urist McAntistereotype

"Why would I have a Scottish accent, you ignorant bigots? And what the hell is 'Scotland' anyway?"
Equips: Longspear, Hide Armor

Huge Head

"I AM INHERENTLY SUPERIOR TO ALL OF YOU."
(No kidding. Huge Head has the best stats, you have no idea. The BEST.)
Equips: Crossbow, Bolts, Wizard Robes

Buuwhatawhat?

"Hello! Would you like to hear a song?
Equips: Chain Shirt, Rapier.
(Halflings. He's so small he's literally wielding that rapier as a two-handed sword. The hell.)

I foresee difficulties in the immediate future. Ochita and Piper will have to play the party tanks so that the two casters can deploy their pitiful first-level spells. Urist is at least capable of healing anyone who gets hurt, and can Produce Flame, which is a potentially nasty spell in this game especially combined with the Longspear. The two casters are going to become unstoppable if they survive. If they don't... well, we tried.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:22:54 am by Josephus »
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 12:49:38 pm »

Oh my god, the mage is ...wow.

"Call me.... Cobber Man, you make a joke at me and I rip ...them off."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 05:01:14 am »

Okay, so apparently the hack that lets you have up to six party members also makes it impossible to access the character roster at the inn. Specifically, because the game crashes.

We're going to have to cut someone out and limit the party to five. Who volunteers?

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 05:06:01 am »

A quick trip to the moathouse should weed someone out.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 05:06:47 am »

I'm actually thinking of tackling the Deklo grove first. Those giant spiders are even worse than the initial frogs.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 06:19:54 am »

Okay, so apparently the hack that lets you have up to six party members also makes it impossible to access the character roster at the inn. Specifically, because the game crashes.

We're going to have to cut someone out and limit the party to five. Who volunteers?

Weird. In my playthrough with the CoE hack, I can access the character roster, and have up to 6 members. It only shows 5 in the roster screen, but they're all there. You may want to reinstall the stuff if you want a 6 member party.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 06:22:37 am »

Weird. In my playthrough with the CoE hack, I can access the character roster, and have up to 6 members. It only shows 5 in the roster screen, but they're all there. You may want to reinstall the stuff if you want a 6 member party.

I can gambol around with six characters, yeah, but it's been crashing consistently. I'll try a reinstall.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 06:24:36 pm »

Hey. Update.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 [2]