Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let's Play the Temple of Elemental Evil [Hero Edition] Update 0: Party  (Read 10589 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Solifuge is currently running a game of Temple of Elemental Evil. We're going to do the same thing, only in a Parallel Universe!

I miss this company so badly.

This is, without a doubt, the most awesome game Wizards has licensed since Baldur's Gate 2.

You see, ToEE is, quite simply, the most faithful adaptation - rules-wise - of 3.5 DnD I have ever had the fortune to play. It is also bugged to the point of ridiculosity in some places. But hey. We came here because of Dwarf Fortress, it would be remiss of us to skip out on a fun game because of some measly bugs.

Ah, intro movies. On-camera: The Army of Evil.

The legendary Circle of Eight make their pyrotechnic appearance. Off-camera: The Army of Evil shitting their collective pants in terror.

This random guy makes a Demon Lord his bitch. (he's not actually random, we'll meet him later)

Ahh, game time. We'll be playing in IRONMAN mode. This means no in-combat savescumming. This also means people will die in multiple horrid ways. It's more fun that way.

Selecting a party alignment. Since this game is being run parallel to Solifuge's, we'll playing Chaotic Good.* No. You can't be Drizz't.

*Switching to Neutral Good to allow all classes to be usable.

Character Creation

This game is faithful to 3.5 ed rules. How faithful? It allows you to roll dice for your stats. This means it is possible, though only barely, to roll a character with 18's in all his stats. I am not going to do that, because it would be cheating. And also boring as hell.

Then you select your Race. These are pretty much the standard DnD/Fantasy races, but no Gnomes for some sad reason. Ah, well, you can't have it all.

Then your gender. This is purely cosmetic and determines where your dangly bits are, as well as your maximum height.

Also mainly cosmetic, but adds some verisimilitude. At least it ain't Neverwinter Nights, where the Human Mage with 8 Con and 8 Str was built exactly the same as a Barbarian, while an Elf Fighter with 18 Str and 16 Con looked like he could be done in by a stiff wind.

And then your hairdo. Female hairdos are relatively similar, so just tell me what you want. The main difference is that Females get two types of Ponytails (up and down) and Tsukiko-style pigtails.

After all of that appearance stuff, we get to your class. If you're unfamiliar with DnD classes, don't worry, just pick the one that sounds kickass! (because our party alignment is Chaotic Good, we can't pick Paladins or Monks. Shame, Paladin is my favorite class and can make a ridiculous offensive beast in this game along with the Barbarian or Fighter.)

Then, your alignment. Sadly, again, we're limited to the three alignments pictured, but alignment doesn't really have an impact on this game*, so pick whatever.

*except for Clerics.

And then your God. Again, this doesn't really matter except for clerics; it determines your domain spells and several other nifty things.

And then your Feats. If you're unfamiliar with these, don't worry, I'll optimize your character towards survival. If you know what these are, tell me any particular feats you'd be partial to.

These are your skills. The only ones that really matter are Use Magic Device and Open Lock for Rogues, Tumble for anyone who doesn't have the dodging-type feats, and Spellcraft for magical fellows. Also, Appraise for at least one party member. I'll trick them out as I see fit.

And then your portrait. Look at how brooding and dark our party leader looks! Okay, so he looks like a pansy, but bleh. You can just settle for whatever portrait I pick for you or send me a pic. I'll mod it into the game so you can have a unique snowflake of an adventurer!

Last, of course, there is your name. Just limit it to one or two parts, and no numbers. I hate seeing numbers in someone's namespace.

Okay, that's pretty much it!

A maximum of Five players are needed, plus the party leader who has already been created. Let's rock, shall we?

In summary, the signup sheet:
Race:
Hair:
Stats to Focus On (up to two):
Class:
Alignment:
God:
Other (Feats and Portraits):
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:12:42 am by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Race: Elf
Height: 5'7"
Hair: Short, Gray
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Intelligence, Dexterity
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
God: Doesn't matter
Feats: Pick as you see fit
Portrait: Any wizard with red robes, if you can't find one just pick a random wizard portrait :P

I was just watching an LP of this game a day ago. So you can't choose names?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

Hafling
Male
Height: The smallest you can give me!
Hair: Mohawk!
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Charisma and Constitution! (If you know what mean)
Class: Spoony Bard!
Neutral Good! (Or what ever one gives me the god I want!)
God: Which ever one is more oriented to partying!
Other (Feats and Portraits): Something from this page!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Race: Human
Height: 6'0
Hair: shaved
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Wis/str
Class: Monk
Alignment: Any possible type
God: N/A
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Name: Urist McAntistereotype.

Race: Dwarf.
Height: Average, I guess.
Hair: MOHAWK.
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Wisdom.
Class: Druid.
Alignment: NG
God: Moradin
Other (Feats and Portraits):
Any portrait that has a MOHAWK. Also, that Feat that lets you cast in Wildshape.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Height: 6'0
Hair: shaved
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Wis/str
Class: Monk
Alignment: Any possible type
God: N/A

No monks, bro. Monks are limited to Law. Actually I might change our party alignment to allow monks and pallys... yeah, I'll do that.

Also, one more and we can start.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Race: Elf
Height: 5'7"
Hair: Short, Gray
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Intelligence, Dexterity
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
God: Doesn't matter
Feats: Pick as you see fit
Portrait: Any wizard with red robes, if you can't find one just pick a random wizard portrait :P

I was just watching an LP of this game a day ago. So you can't choose names?

You can. wait, did I forget to ask? Yeah, names are allowed.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fourth down
Race: Gnome
Height: Very short
Hair: Leftmost, bottom row
Stats to Focus On: Wisdom and Int
Class: Sorcerer
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
God: Don't care
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

I was traumatized by 4th edition, okay?

In retrospect, it's because there aren't many Gnomes in the game that I remember.

Okay, starting. I'll create your characters, post screenies, then go to sleep.

Still accepting sign-ups of course, in case someone dies horribly.

Also this is a total sausage fest so I'm changing the party leader into a lady.

EDIT: The first and most important thing to do with any Troika game is to get it working properly. I will update this tomorrow when I have time to wrestle with graphical errors, and also. Fear not, updates are coming.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:47:50 am by Josephus »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

I want to call my guy Buurrawwwmdo, and yes, that's how you say it.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Vir
Height: Tall
Hair: Short
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Verily, Strength and intellect should be chosen.
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: Neutral good
God: Preferably the god of battle-axes or of healing, if possible.
Other (Feats and Portraits): Intelligent-looking warrior for the portrait.

(Parallel universe version of Riv, the stupid barbarian.)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Nernas Desolute!

When you start the LP, are you going to be narrating as your character?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Posting to watch this one as well. And I'll claim a character spot if someone dies.

For this game...

Name: Danlia
Race: Half-elf
Class: Ranger (Archer focus)
Algn: N. Good
Make her average height/size. Hair in a pony-tail (preferably red)
Stats: Focus on Dex, of course. After that, I guess as balanced as possible with a focus on physical stats.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

So to make this a true parallel LP, I'm posting both Evil and Good versions of the same character.

Name: Myroc
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Strength and Wisdom, with Constitution trailing behind this.
Class: Cleric (With later multiclassing in Fighter, if possible.)
Alignment: Neutral Good
God: Pelor
Domains: Good, Healing
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Name: Nernas Desolute!

When you start the LP, are you going to be narrating as your character?

Yeah. I'll be posting updates in a few hours, I appear to have broken something.

And since the first few who signed up are mostly casters, we will have casualties. >:D
Pages: [1] 2