Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Murders in San Delgado - The Silent Bullet Strikes  (Read 5303 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Murders in San Delgado - The Silent Bullet Strikes
« on: August 26, 2010, 01:04:02 am »

Similar to the Crime Investigation thread Hugehead is starting, but not quite the same. There is a killer on the loose in the American city of San Delgado, and about 4-5 of you are on the homicide team attempting to trace him. The difference between this thread and the other thread (which you should also check out if you like the theme), is that the killer is another player who is sending their actions to the thread host via PM.

Not sure how well it will work out, but let's give it a go.

If you want to be the killer, send me a PM rather than post here. Include some info on your character, as it will be important.

Those wanting to be in the FBI/Police Department's Homicide Unit should post here. I'll put in five openings.

1. Agent Carson Nir - FBI Agent (Played by Neyvn)
2. Detective Scott Carson - SDPD Detective (Played by Flintus10)
3. Agent Graham Scott - FBI Agent (Played by Iituem)
4. Agent Nolan Wright - FBI Agent (Played by Quarr)
5. Detective Daniel Recidoro - SDPD Detective (Played by Phantom)

Only one detective opening left! Apply today!
The killer has been narrowed down, but you may still have a shot! Apply today after reading the thread!

If nobody fills in the killer's shoes, we'll do a practice round or two until somebody does.

San Delgado is a generic East Coast city, despite the West Coast sounding name, which I use in pen and paper games to take place of locations like New York or Philadelphia or Boston. The area is home to about 3,000,000 people, at least one of whom is a sociopath.

This game takes place in a modern era.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:16:22 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murders in San Delgado
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 01:12:59 am »

Posting to watch. Sounds like an interesting premise -- I might join depending on who else is playing.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 01:30:38 am »

Eh, I'll join.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 01:36:03 am »

I will join.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 01:55:53 am »

Excellent. Why not write up a short paragraph with your character's name and some information about them? Also include if they're in the Police Force or the FBI.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:44 am »

EDIT REWRITE!!!//

Carson Nir - FBI (Nicknamed Probie due to only finishing his Probationary Status)
As a young officer of the law for the San Delgado, he has had his fair share of Murders and Crimes of the extreme nature, working together with those in his unit he was able to assist in the capture and discovery of many of the criminals that had plagued the city. His ability to learn quickly, examine areas well and even study with a great deal of memory recovery allowed him to take the Detective Test and raise from the level of Police to Detective and continue helping the Force with their investigations and such. But then again, all of his actions were not all that flash hot, he wasn't the center of anything, just that extra eye that spotted something important, that extra ear when talking to someone. His 'leveling up' through the Police Ranks went unnoticed by nearly everyone except his partners and bosses. So no he wasn't a Lead Detective, no he wasn't the Crime Solver, no he wasn't the Main character of a TV show. Well thats what he though anyway, before the FBI came recruiting from his unit and pick him along with a few others to take the tests and exams that would allow them to join the Bureau. He Passed naturally, the methods he knew and understandings of the different situations presented by the Bureau's tests were just hard enough that he passed with good amount of points under his belt. Nonetheless, one of his first assignments was to be attached to this Case, seemingly thrown into the deepend and expected to Swim...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Yes re written with a bit more info. Thank you TV Tropes for sending me to a Manga Page which allowed me to get my Inspiration back... (I entered TV Tropes and returned alive in under an Hour!!!)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:17:39 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 06:57:35 am »

In writing up a character now.

Name: Scott Carson
Police Detective
World weary police homicide detective, Scott has seen many crimes and has worked his hardest to make sure the criminals get what is coming to them. Scott's strong sense of justice has somewhat dampened after seeing to many murderers escape justice due to technicalities and foolish reasoning and so he is now quite a cynic, positive he is fighting a losing battle. But it is still a fight he will continue if only because he would not be able to live with himself otherwise.

Scott is an analytical expert who is brilliant at connecting evidence and can handle himself physically. But compared to most other detectives he is quite average at investigation and that has cost him in the past.

Edit: Spelling
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:08:44 am by Flintus10 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:12:38 am »

Name: Graham Scott
FBI Agent
Graham Scott is a member of the Financial Crimes Unit, but was transferred from a Police job in homicide.  He has a wife (separated), two children (that he gets to see once a month if he's lucky) and a drinking problem.  His best friend is a stuffed dinosaur named Binky.

Graham is an expert at reviewing paperwork, however, and can find traces in files and documents like no other.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 07:57:03 am »

I'll be gone for 8-10 hours so sorry if I miss a bit of the start.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 08:02:08 am »

Nolan Wright -FBI
Profiler. He's more interested in the mind of a killer -- how they think and why they act the way they do. Piecing together the motive (if there is one) and crawling into a murderer's head are things he's become obsessed with. He pushed through his classes, working diligently -- since adolescence his mind set on one goal. He acquired degrees in criminology and psychology, his undying curiosity fueling him. After years of work, he made it, an FBI investigator at last. He tends to pore over cases long after they're closed, especially if he's made a mistake. His passion for his work has cost him much, leaving him with little of a personal life. His circle of 'friends' doesn't extend outside the bureau.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 09:29:44 am »

This was actually the idea I had :(
Oh well, I was just trying to get some interest up for a detective game.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 10:05:58 am »

Sorry man, I didn't mean to step on your toes. I thought the ideas were different enough to co-exist. They still can, though, as I had four applications for the killer. It's currently between two candidates who gave me a large amount of information (I'm going on the assumption that since they were quick on the draw to figure out what to do, they'll be able to make the initiative later on, as well, though all applicants were nice people). To help me decide, please send me a short description of your first murder. Include a second or third if you want to, though only the first is required in this case.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 03:51:59 pm »

I'm a little late.

Daniel Recidoro. SDPD Detective.

Daniel is just another Police Detective, a Rookie at that. This rookie had the luck of getting on a case like this, but only worked a couple of cases in the past, most minor. This case would be his first major one, and he wouldn't like to screw up at all. A positive and confident individual.

Daniel has worked as a Patrol officer in the force more than being a detective, and is more physical than the normal detective too. Although he'll take the time to take a look at the evidence and intel to try to take the killer down. Has the very average investigative skills of any other detective on the force.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murders in San Delgado - The Crime Unit is Now Full
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 03:06:31 pm »

Just waiting on some more responses from the serial killer candidates. Only one out of the four who initially expressed interest have replied again, but I'll give it another 8 or 10 hours.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murders in San Delgado - The Crime Unit is Now Full
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 05:56:06 pm »

Replied again?

I am just wanting to know when its starting...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5