Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XV - Day 4!  (Read 27746 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XV - day 3!
« Reply #255 on: September 03, 2010, 08:30:53 pm »

You reasoning is sound, but I think Japa and Ein are much more suspicious than me. Japa has yet to defend himself, and Ein has been diverting attention away from himself quite effectively while bandwagoning on each day.

...Ya know, now that I think about it my avatar really doesn't help my case.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 03, 2010, 08:40:21 pm »

You reasoning is sound, but I think Japa and Ein are much more suspicious than me. Japa has yet to defend himself, and Ein has been diverting attention away from himself quite effectively while bandwagoning on each day.

Everybody diverts attention away from themselves by bandwagoning.  And like I said, the last two times we saw someone passively accept they were being bandwagoned, they were both townies, because trying to defend yourself is suspicious too.

C'mon people, if we get this wrong, it's game over.  Let's try not to do anything stupid here.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 03, 2010, 08:43:17 pm »

It feels to me like I'm more drawing attention to myself, what with the mass amounts of posting and EXPLANATORY DEMANDS!

Dragnar:
I am kinda in agreement about Japa being more suspicious than you, if only because of this:
hey, I'm just not really into long winded posts, as previously mentioned. I say my piece, make my vote, and wait it out.
You seem ready, at least, to jump out if required and explain more.

Aqizzar:
You either have the best poker face, or really are town, because you aren't really acting any different at all.

I'm putting the top 3 suspicious, in my opinion, at Japa, me, and Dragnar, in no particular order.
I've been posting a lot, and you two have not.
You've not really even tried to fight it, like the other two did, and they turned out to be town.

So I'm going to unvote for a little bit and see what happens.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 03, 2010, 09:48:08 pm »

So, I get voted by Ein, but not being active, and 2 minutes later, I get voted by dragnar for not immediately defending myself, which is kinda impatient, if you ask me, particularly since I was at work, at the time.

as for bandwagoning, everybody does it. it's the easiest thing to do when you can't decide who you think is guilty.

anyway, I've been getting a lot of accusations from Akigagak for inactivity, when he's almost as inactive as I am.

that makes him look guilty, and more importantly, ticks me off no end, therefore, I vote for Akigagak

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 03, 2010, 10:11:37 pm »

So, I get voted by Ein, but not being active, and 2 minutes later, I get voted by dragnar for not immediately defending myself, which is kinda impatient, if you ask me, particularly since I was at work, at the time.
Actually I was ninja'd. I meant you hadn't defended yourself last time round.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 03, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

well, I was going to, but everybody was voting for somebody else, so I felt it wasn't needed.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 03, 2010, 10:31:24 pm »

It's always necessary to defend yourself.
That's the main way we find out who's scum.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:00 pm »

Day 1 he changed his vote from Japa to Realmfighter, then started Day 2 continuing to vote for Realmfighter calling him suspicious, then supported day reduction.   I did not call the lynching of Duke stupid. Duke wasn't lynched, he was night-killed.

Okay, breaking this down:

-Akigagak has been largely inactive, usually only dropping in call people out for editing and making stupid decisions.
That's more than most people have been doing, I don't see any of these posts where I called people out for stupid decisions, though.
He called the lynching of Duke stupid, which sounds like cover to me.
When? I'm having trouble finding where I said this. Unless you mean the first post of day 2, In which case I was just complaining that it took one of the active players out the game and left us with very little in the way of leads.
Day 1 he changed his vote from Japa to Realmfighter, then started Day 2 continuing to vote for Realmfighter calling him suspicious, then supported day reduction.
Because Realmfighter was very quick to start accusing both sides of the Zathras-Duke bandwagon of scumminess, but making no actual arguments, then jumped on to Ein near the end, seemingly at random. My day 2 vote stayed on him because he completely failed to make any sort of counter argument to anyone.
If he was a mafia, then he'd be doing a very good job of playing the crowd, showing up only to single people out, and complain about people breaking the rules and going inactive.
'Singling people out' is the entire point of the game, but I see your point. As for the complaining, well, this was all the evidence of that I could find from me:
>The editing stuff. Yeah, this was just because I was online at the time. Shouldn't have even got involved.
>Start of Day Posts. Day1: Complaints about losing active people.
>Realmfighter not defending himself. Well, yeah.
Sounds like a man invested in the game.[/quote.]Well, I just want the damn thing to actually keep going, rather than stalling for days at a time.

anyway, I've been getting a lot of accusations from Akigagak for inactivity, when he's almost as inactive as I am.
Not in the last two- Wait no. Only on day 1, and the start of day 2. Day1 because you were being inactive, and not even joke-arguing. Day2 I called out nobody in particular. And again, start of day3 was general annoyance at everyone for not really getting into the game. You, Japa, have been much more inactive than me.
that makes him look guilty, and more importantly, ticks me off no end, therefore, I vote for Akigagak
I suppose wanting the game to continue makes me look guilty in certain lights. Actually. No, I don't see what you're talking about.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 03, 2010, 11:09:22 pm »

I hereby move that Akigagak be allowed to edit that post, or repost it, so I can read it and know what the Hell he's talking about.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 03, 2010, 11:15:30 pm »

Eh? Ah, balls.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 03, 2010, 11:15:37 pm »

His post:

Okay, breaking this down:

-Akigagak has been largely inactive, usually only dropping in call people out for editing and making stupid decisions.
That's more than most people have been doing, I don't see any of these posts where I called people out for stupid decisions, though.

He called the lynching of Duke stupid, which sounds like cover to me.
When? I'm having trouble finding where I said this. Unless you mean the first post of day 2, In which case I was just complaining that it took one of the active players out the game and left us with very little in the way of leads.

Day 1 he changed his vote from Japa to Realmfighter, then started Day 2 continuing to vote for Realmfighter calling him suspicious, then supported day reduction.
Because Realmfighter was very quick to start accusing both sides of the Zathras-Duke bandwagon of scumminess, but making no actual arguments, then jumped on to Ein near the end, seemingly at random. My day 2 vote stayed on him because he completely failed to make any sort of counter argument to anyone.

If he was a mafia, then he'd be doing a very good job of playing the crowd, showing up only to single people out, and complain about people breaking the rules and going inactive.
'Singling people out' is the entire point of the game, but I see your point. As for the complaining, well, this was all the evidence of that I could find from me:
>The editing stuff. Yeah, this was just because I was online at the time. Shouldn't have even got involved.
>Start of Day Posts. Day1: Complaints about losing active people.
>Realmfighter not defending himself. Well, yeah.

Sounds like a man invested in the game.
Well, I just want the damn thing to actually keep going, rather than stalling for days at a time.

Not in the last two- Wait no. Only on day 1, and the start of day 2. Day1 because you were being inactive, and not even joke-arguing. Day2 I called out nobody in particular. And again, start of day3 was general annoyance at everyone for not really getting into the game. You, Japa, have been much more inactive than me.

I suppose wanting the game to continue makes me look guilty in certain lights. Actually. No, I don't see what you're talking about.

No actual text modifications, just some tag fixing and general readability fixes.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 03, 2010, 11:17:10 pm »

Apologies, and thanks Ein. I was just about to do that.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 03, 2010, 11:19:46 pm »

No problem.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2010, 01:01:03 am »

Aqizzar- learn the difference between Night Kills and Lynching.

In other news:

BAH!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 05, 2010, 05:25:05 am »

Things are going to be pretty tense today.

Choose wise town~
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22