Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XV - Day 4!  (Read 27756 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XV - DAY 2!
« Reply #240 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:18 pm »

Yea, Realmfighter isn't going to defend himself, and until he does my vote stays on him.

Day Reduction.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 30, 2010, 11:52:14 pm »

Day Reduction.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2010, 01:38:50 am »

JOSHUAFH!

GET HIAH, PRHONTO!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2010, 02:49:08 am »

Alright, I guess nobody's fighting the Day reduction:

It would seem the sun has decided to set earlier than usual. Lazy stars, cutting work early.

Realmfighter: Akigagak Aqizzar Tack Japa Ein
dragnar:
Ein: 
Tack:
Aqizzar:  Realmfighter
Akigagak:
Japa: dragnar

Every turns to Realmfighter, looking utterly dejected. He makes a desperate bid for escape, but someone in the angry mob reaches out and hits in him a SECRET PRESSURE POINT. He pads himself down, wandering what happened, but then his head swells up, and explodes! While everyone is wandering if somebody watches too much of a certain anime, a radio broadcast is heard over the local ham radio, with the announcer providing HAZY BUT VINDICATING EVIDENCE that proves that Realmfighter was in fact a Townie!

Those struck down:

Realmfighter
Duke 2.0
dragnar
Ein
Tack
Aqizzar
Akigagak
Japa
Zathros

All night roles send in your actions. The night will end as soon as that is accomplished, but I will expect confirmations by sometime Friday.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XV - Day 3!
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2010, 03:08:45 am »

Everyone returns from their hidey-holes, and find Tack thoroughly killed all over the place! On the wall though, A TERRIFYING BUT INFORMATIVE message is written out, proving that Tack was a Townie.

Whatever shall you do?

Day 3 starts here.

Remaining players:

Realmfighter
Duke 2.0
dragnar
Ein
Tack
Aqizzar
Akigagak
Japa
Zathros

Not sure whether to count the weekends, so I'll make the official end date for the day next Tuesday!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XV - Night 2!
« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2010, 03:14:39 am »

Ah tosh.

Active players:
Me
Ein
...?

Have Japa or Dragnar even voted once?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2010, 03:16:07 am »

They have.
Dragnar has been in the background less than Japa, though.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2010, 03:19:01 am »

Josh, isn't there a punishment for chronic inactivity in these games?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2010, 03:23:55 am »

It's not that they're being completely inactive.
They're just only voting, without posting long-winded explanatory posts.
But as far as I know, the punishment is getting replaced by a more active player.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2010, 03:27:14 am »

I think Japa is trying to hide himself behind bandwagoning and lurking.
EXPLAIN YOURSELF, MAN! WHAT IS YOUR LOGIC!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 03, 2010, 03:48:21 am »

Hey, I'm not being totally inactive. I've just yet to be accused of being mafia and Japa keeps ignoring my accusations. And because he still hasn't defended himself: I vote Japa... again.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2010, 04:16:45 am »

hey, I'm just not really into long winded posts, as previously mentioned. I say my piece, make my vote, and wait it out.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 03, 2010, 04:21:18 am »

The long-winded explanations was more a joke.
But you don't really seem to explain anything.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 03, 2010, 02:54:21 pm »

Don't forget about other players.

cough Aqizzar

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XV - day 3!
« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2010, 08:06:30 pm »

Whaohshit.  Mafia, right.  Lemme catch up...

Okay.  We lynched Zathras after some revolving accusations based on fucking around with who-accused-who first.  He was townie.  We lynched Realmfighter after I made a stunning rebuke that he and ein were voting with each other, so one of them must be mafia. He was townie.  Maybe we should stop being retarded and look at this rationally.

Meanwhile, all both people in the mafia decided to lynch first Duke and then Tack.  Duke made a few posts about the nature of mafia games and how he expected tons of grudge-lynches, carrying on a conversation with Zathras about reputations.  The mob allowed both of them to die.  Only ein didn't vote for Zathras (besides himself), he voted for Realmfighter, and Realmfighter was the first to call for a day-reduction.  Then he got lynched, after a few pages of back and forth shitposting with ein where I guess Realmfighter managed to be the more annoying of the two.  Ein abstained from voting for him.  All suspicion there washed away when Realmfighter turned out townie.  Tack made some goofy posts in the first day, then went on a personal-attack binge, before being lynched.

Duke seemed kinda sharp at sussing out strategies, Tack was doing what looked like a good job of emotionally sussing out a mobster, except we were wrong.  Were the mob afraid of being found out?  Did they see that as strategy?  Well, let's look at who's alive.

-dragnar has been the least active player, showing up only once or twice a day to vote for somebody - first randomly selecting Tack, then bandwagoning on Zathras, then singly voting for Japa for what he admits is no good reason.  He's bandwagoning on Japa right now, after randomly choosing a grudge against him earlier, and after his original vote got assassinated.  Also claims he was inactive because nobody accused him, even though he's hardly the least talkative person on the forum.  If "lurking and then bandwagoning" is the agreed metric of suspicion, then he's pretty suspicious.

-ein posts all over the goddamn place, but only changed vote once away from me - first bandwagoning on Zathras, then switching to bandwagon on Realmfighter.  Posting like mad is ein's trademark, but he's been even worse about it in this thread.  He's also bandwagoned and antagonized left and right.  Suspicious.

-Aqizzar, because I wouldn't be doing due justice if I didn't mention myself.  Okay, so, Zathras got bandwagoned after he accused me and then I reversed him.  Realmfighter got bandwagoned after I got mad and he insulted me and I reversed it on him.  And I don't post much.  I'll admit that's pretty suspicious.  Now, aside from knowing I'm a goodguy because I'm me, in my defense, I'm a serial bandwagon starter.  There's like five or six threads around General Discussion of micronations founded in my name; half the time I don't even notice the bandwagon forming.  And all of them were in response to people singling me out, which of course is always suspicious, right?

-Akigagak has been largely inactive, usually only dropping in call people out for editing and making stupid decisions.  He called the lynching of Duke stupid, which sounds like cover to me.  Day 1 he changed his vote from Japa to Realmfighter, then started Day 2 continuing to vote for Realmfighter calling him suspicious, then supported day reduction.  If he was a mafia, then he'd be doing a very good job of playing the crowd, showing up only to single people out, and complain about people breaking the rules and going inactive.  Sounds like a man invested in the game.

-Japa hasn't posted much either, but wasn't exactly inactive.  He started off voting for Tack before joining the Zathras bandwagon, while getting into a back-and-forth with Akigagak.  He showed up late to bandwagon on Realmfighter.  Now he's being accused, but isn't voting for anyone.  We've seen that same pattern of resignation before, in the two people who lynched.  Townies.  Still, if being on the winning side of votes is suspicious, he's as suspicious as most of us.

Of course, it's all too easy to draw a pattern of past voting to people eventually assassinated, but with all other head games aside, my strongest suspicions are on dragnar and Akigagak.  Going by personalities, I think the strongest case can be made on dragnar, so I vote for him.

(Also, I editted because it's giant-ass post and I made some spelling errors, sorry.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:10:46 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22