Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XV - Day 4!  (Read 27751 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XV - DAY 1 starts!
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2010, 02:05:57 am »

I'm actually starting to get a little apprehensive over that guide. It says you should look for people acting strange, so I generally try to act casual. But casual me wants to point at flaws that I somehow manage to see, and this got me barked at in another game for 'ruining the feel." Or something. Blah, whatever.

Uhh, Zathras bandwagon. Yeah, that'll be a good start.

I vote Zathras.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2010, 11:13:18 am »

But casual me wants to point at flaws that I somehow manage to see, and this got me barked at in another game for 'ruining the feel."

In this game, you are not expected to be chill.  Nitpicky, aggressive behavior tends to be the norm.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2010, 07:14:08 pm »

Somehow I feel that Duke being chill isn't a scum tell. At all.

Maybe there's other scum tells, but- Not chill. Not Duke.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2010, 07:14:59 pm »

Yeah man, let the chill be chiiiiiiill.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2010, 07:25:59 pm »

Somehow I feel that Duke being chill isn't a scum tell. At all.

Maybe there's other scum tells, but- Not chill. Not Duke.

Nah, I meant that if he feels like pointing out flaws, more power to him.  It won't cause any issue whatsoever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2010, 08:40:20 pm »

Whathe.... I'm away for a day and come back to see a huge bandwagon on me? Classy, guys. Classy.

So, I would like to ask those who are voting me to explain their reasons, if any. I don't particularly mind if I hang, but I'd like to at least there be a reason for it...

In the mean time, unvote.

Duke
, why do you jump on the bandwagon? Do you think it's a good idea, do you have reasons of your own, or is it just silly behaviour?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2010, 08:48:18 pm »

Vote for Ein man.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2010, 08:50:11 pm »

Why should I vote Ein?
Why shouldn't I vote you?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:58 pm »

Because Ein is obviously a spy.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2010, 08:53:57 pm »

It's simple- If ein hangs and is a townie, then Realm and Zathros are the Mafia.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2010, 08:55:05 pm »

I'm fucked no matter what, aren't i?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2010, 08:57:35 pm »

Your reputation preceeds you. I'm expecting a good deal of people to be lynched just because of who they are. Only after the grudge kills are gone will we get to actual Mafia.

Although I do wonder why Zathras didn't take more time to defend himself. All he did was say "Comeon guys. Let's look at this guy." And while this is a standard move of deflecting the heat it also provides no real incentive to change our votes.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2010, 08:59:37 pm »

unvote

Yes.

That's what happens when you try to save your partners in scumhood.

Consequently, if Zathras hangs as mafia, then we know realmfighter is mafia.

I'd start getting evidence to show otherwise.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2010, 09:02:14 pm »

My name is capitalized, and the realmfighter you are talking about is actually Ein in a poor disguise of me.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2010, 09:28:27 pm »

Your reputation preceeds you. I'm expecting a good deal of people to be lynched just because of who they are. Only after the grudge kills are gone will we get to actual Mafia.

Although I do wonder why Zathras didn't take more time to defend himself. All he did was say "Comeon guys. Let's look at this guy." And while this is a standard move of deflecting the heat it also provides no real incentive to change our votes.

While I'm flattered by the notion that I have a "reputation", I don't see it... I've played only one game here, where I was lynched day one, and flipped town! Or do you know me from elsewhere?

Same question to you, Tack;  what do you mean by "saving your partners in scumhood", if I've never played as scum here before? Hell, you had spoiled-spectate on the other game, so you knew I was town even before I hung.

I'd also like to point out that "grudge lynches" is NOT what this game is about or should be about. Only the scum want to hang people for reasons different than being scummy. The town can only afford one or two mislynches before the game is lost. So you either aren't playing to win (which is lame, counterproductive, and a rules violation), or you are helping the scum, because you are scum, or an anti-town bad player.

I submit these as the largest scum tells up to now:

Duke 2.0:
I'm expecting a good deal of people to be lynched just because of who they are. Only after the grudge kills are gone will we get to actual Mafia.

And Tack:
I don't care if he's scum or town. Lynch Zathras

These are both actions of scum, serving scum interests, and need to hang. Because they are scum, not because of who they are, or for their reputation, but because the town needs to eliminate the scum.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22