Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GURPS campaign - Last minute Signups  (Read 1770 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
GURPS campaign - Last minute Signups
« on: August 25, 2010, 12:17:20 pm »

Yo homies, this is me, Omegastick, bringing you another unpossibly awesome RPG. This time it will be GURPS, and held over IRC. The setting will be WWII and less combat based than my other RPGs (Yes, a WWII ROG that isn't combat based) although there will still be combat in it.

So this is an interest check. Say, four or five players would be good. By the way, I live in a gmt timezone so if you're in australia or something similar then it's gonna be tough to figure out a time to play.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:30:01 am by Omegastick »
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: GURPS campaign - Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 07:50:20 am »

Really, not one taker?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 04:46:19 pm »

I guess I'd be willing to try, though I've never actually played a GURPS game before.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:50:10 pm »

It's real easy! I can send you some quick-start rules as well as the full rule book and a few WWII supplements.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 05:07:17 pm »

Sounds good.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 03:38:12 am »

The premise seems a bit vague. Are the players going to be soldiers that were lucky enough not to be in one of the main battles? Diplomats? Spies? Factory workers? Teenagers that weren't able to convince the recruiter they were old enough to join up?

Still... tentatively interested. :D  (I too would need a quick primer on GURPS. I know the sales pitch, but that's about it.)
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 04:13:15 am »

Moderately intrested, know GURPS well, have all 4e books. Need more information about the setting to decide.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 10:13:07 am »

Okay, here's an example storyline, if anyone's unhappy with it then just let me know.

It is the year 1942, the war has been going on several years now and you can't see any end coming soon. You are all mere Soviet factory workers producing endless amounts materials for the Red Army in an isolated part of what is now known as Latvia. One day you turn up for work and find the area surrounding the factory a desolate wasteland. In place of you factory there is a crater the size of several football pitches, but closer inspection reveals an object in the center of the crater. A large amount of the material you had been producing for the Red Army was piled up high and seemingly intact. One of you cuts a chunk of the leathery substance from the pile and puts it in you pocket, intending to keep it as a souveneir of whatever this turns out to be. You were all transfered to another factory in another isolated area almost immediatly, seemingly as if there was never anything that had gone on. Suddenly the windows shatter and the doors burst open. Masked Soviet Guards rush into the room, opening fire on everyone and causing mass panic tin the crowded factory. You manage to drop to the ground and out of the way of the fire before rushing off out an open door and running for your life. You make it about half a mile through the flat land before collapsing into a bush and hiding there. After seeing the Guards ride of in covered trucks you stand up and prepare for a long walk back to your home. You grab a newspaper from the stand and open it up to find in front of you a story about how many factory workers and their families had been killed in a German attack during an open day at the factory. You all rush home to find your accomodation empty and a large man standing in the center of the room.

There's something I quickly whipped up, it will need some tweaking and editing but it gives you the general idea of the storyline.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 01:19:04 pm »

....intriguing. I'm interested. (Again, only if you don't mind relative newbies. Though I'm a quick study, if that helps.)
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 02:48:15 pm »

I don't mind newbies at all, you can pick the game up in 15 minutes.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 02:01:48 am »

So, is this happening or what?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 04:08:01 am »

Yeah, I guess three people will be enough for now. I invite you all to start making character sheets and to PM them to me. For those of you who don't know how to make a character sheet then I suggest using GCS. The starting funds will be $750 (Soviet factory workers were pretty poor) and it will be a 150 point game. If you need any help you just have to ask.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 07:29:45 am »

Alright, I've got one sheet in.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: GURPS campaign - Last minute Signups
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 07:39:55 am »

Can you send me the stuff you sent Kadzar please?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: GURPS campaign - Last minute Signups
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 07:46:27 am »

Alrighty then! I'm uploading it now.

EDIT: http://filesmelt.com/dl/GURPS1.rar
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 08:16:49 am by Omegastick »
Soundcloud
Youtube