Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Civilization of Magic 2 RtD - Turn 11: It Shambles On  (Read 9587 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization of Magic RtD - Take Two Take-OFF
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 10:59:42 am »

APPLICATIONS CLOSED. Anyone who enters the waiting list now would be that far back that, most likely, he wouldn't see action (unless something unforeseen happens, and I'm kind of a nice GM)

*ahem* You all are in an inn. Most of you are trying to drink to forget what exactly they wanted to forget about, or that they want to forget about it, while also suspiciously eyeing the two foreigners at the bar. And then it turns out the foreigners appear to have some money to pay you with so that you come with them on their so-called holy quest. There are lunatics everywhere, sure, but money's money.

And so, you were initiated into the squad of Sergeant Strychovsky. And into the other stuff that happened.

You're still in the inn. What will you do?

---

Statuses. I added some moderately snarky comments to them.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:26:48 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 12:40:05 pm »

Check to see what I did with all my old stuff.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 12:42:57 pm »

((WEll, you know, he did sometimes had to undo traps on a lock. He cant bear with seeing one damaged by any means, he goes into a rage poor thing.))

------------

Ask how many locks we shall encounter.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 01:23:36 pm »

Search the trashcans for loot
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:26 pm »

Ask the Sergeant for some armaments.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 07:06:59 am »

I'll listen to rumors while drinking just enough alcohol to not draw attention. I don't want to get drunk. The last time that happened... maybe just a little alcohol then, I'm not going to bring THAT incident up again.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:05:29 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 12:09:22 pm »

Nervously demand an exposition from exposition guy; I don't trust him, guys.  He's probably out to get us.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization of Magic 2 RtD - Turn 1: Elephant in the living room
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 08:01:25 am »

Roth: Check to see what I did with all my old stuff.

(5) You rummage through your inventory. Saw... check, knife... check. Cloth... still some left. Needle... ow, check. Money... still some left. Leather... you sewed that up into some armor. Funny that you don't remember. After all, that helmet's right on your head. Barrel armor... well, let's just say there were sheganians you don't really want to remember, and you had to abandon it for them. Tanning tub... proved to be too clunky for daring escapes. Giggles... what the hell? Where did that demonic doll of that insane jester that got struck by lightning come from?

You give Giggles a nervous fist-bump.

Bjorn: Ask the Sergeant for some armaments.

(4) The sergeant says that there are some arnaments, provided you can wrench them from the hands of their former owners. He adds that it is all do-it-yourself here, and that he saw a third-hand weapon store when entering the town. He hands you three copper coins because he's in a stupidly good mood today, and quite possibly a little drunk.

Desmond: Search the trashcans for loot.

(6) This is medieval fantasy. There is no such thing as a trash-can, only the road. So you search the road for loot. You do gather a fair bit of loot, unfortunately the loot was originally in the pockets of other men. They noticed. Some street musician starts to play the hillbilly theme. You are now on the run in the direction of the marketplace, followed in hot pursuit by a small mob of angry people and a few guards.

Alf: I'll listen to rumors while drinking just enough alcohol to not draw attention. I don't want to get drunk. The last time that happened... maybe just a little alcohol then, I'm not going to bring THAT incident up again.

(6) You drink a mug of some "beer" while soaking in the rumours. They are that

1.) there is a thieving (metaphorical) pig on the run on Market Street
2.) Old Rick had his tooth smashed in last night
3.) this city is called New Haven, seventh name in two weeks
4.) a ship to Sludgeholm is going to depart in approximately three hours
5.) someone spiked the beer with vodka
6.) there is a nude, fat, ugly man in the tavern who wears a beer mug on his head and swings through the room on the (metaphorical, it's really just a burning rope) chandelier

Ochita: Ask how many locks we shall encounter.

(5) "There will most likely be locks. I'd be damned if we didn't need to open at least a lock or two in due course. Wouldn't be the first time we'd have to open a lock, me and McAustry here." He cuddles a slightly reluctant Roth.

Don Fernando: Nervously demand an exposition from exposition guy; I don't trust him, guys. He's probably out to get us.

(1) "*hic* To be honest, I didn't ever ask why we were going to go to the Civilization of Magic, but it's apparently a holy quest. Or something. I'm just interested in getting to neutral ground as fast as possible, getting through the Wastelands would be your problem."

Sarge (NPC): Answer questions and requests.

(6) He does so just slightly too loud, too cheerful and too honest, while being absolutely unfazed by the Chandelier Ordeal.

People in the Bar (NPCs): React to drunk.

(6) They don't give it a thought, as if that sort of thing were to happen every day. One of them appears to have lost a bet about strange occurances and grumblingly hands another one a silver piece.

Chasing Mob (NPCs): Chase the thief!

(2) They lose sight of Desmond, and stay where they are in confusion.

---

Statuses.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 08:21:37 am »

I go upstairs to my room, and seeing the locks on the doors I just HAVE to unlock them. And hey, if anyone left stuff behind that door,bad luck. They should have kept it somewhere safe.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 08:52:57 am »

Whoops, fugitive on first turn.

Run for the hills (or some other equally conspicous landmark outside of town)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 01:19:42 pm »

Oh, great. Vodka. I remember the time I drank a bottle of Vodka by myself. I sigh and look at the mug, then put it down on the table. The sergeant's talking about going to neutral ground, but I'm more interested as to who this thieving pig is. I go outside to watch the spectacle. (Dwarmin, right? :p) If it turns out to be someone I know, I'll try to help him out, possibly by doing the old 'he went THAT way' bit.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 09:13:52 am »

Take my shiny new coins (or dirty old ones) and head to the third hand weapon store and use my skills of persuasion to get the owner to give me the best deal possible on a great new weapon for them. Then head back to the tavern and meet up with everyone who isn't being perused by the authorities.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 09:44:12 am »

Take my shiny new coins (or dirty old ones) and head to the third hand weapon store and use my skills of persuasion to get the owner to give me the best deal possible on a great new weapon for them. Then head back to the tavern and meet up with everyone who isn't being perused persued by the authorities.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 12:40:50 pm »

Look outside to find out what the commotion is.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 02:44:29 pm »

Ask Sarge for orders while I set about building a crossbow from scrap wood.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9