Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Civilization of Magic 2 RtD - Turn 11: It Shambles On  (Read 9583 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Civilization of Magic 2 RtD - Turn 1: Elephant in the living room
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 12:22:14 am »

Hm, i guess i'll go on the waiting list for when PC's perish.

Name: Fluffles
Species: Cat
Civilian job: Legendary Patron
Additional skills: Looking unbeleivably adorable
Inventory: Copper Plate Armor
Copper Spear, mounted on armor.
Aposable Thumb™ Kitten Mittens x2
A monocle.

Disadvantage: Is a cat, meaning is at risk of being hugged into submision.
DEITY:NONE (atheist)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18:31 am »

Take my shiny new coins (or dirty old ones) and head to the third hand weapon store and use my skills of persuasion to get the owner to give me the best deal possible on a great new weapon for them. Then head back to the tavern and meet up with everyone who isn't being perused persued by the authorities.

...you are not even in this, wolf.

iceball's awesome character sheet automatically bumps him on top of the waiting list.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 11:32:01 am »

Woah...
Thanks.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization of Magic 2 RtD - Turn 2: Mysterious female stranger count: 1
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 02:00:54 pm »

Roth: Look outside to find out what the commotion is.

(3) There appears to be mostly usual street life. Whatever the commotion was, it already moved past this area. You do see some people apparently looking for something or someone, though.

Bjorn: Take my shiny new coins (or dirty old ones) and head to the third hand weapon store and use my skills of persuasion to get the owner to give me the best deal possible on a great new weapon for them. Then head back to the tavern and meet up with everyone who isn't being perused by the authorities.

(5) The third hand weaponry store is situated in the cellar of a mostly inconspicious building. The owner of the mostly legal establishment ushers you in. There are droves and droves of old, broken and/or rusty equipment down here. You search the piles, find a spear that still looks quite okay (only slightly rusty, wood in good condition as well), haggle a lot with the owner and manage to bring him down to three copper.

You now are the proud owner of an only slightly sub-par spear.

Desmond: Run for the hills (or some other equally conspicous landmark outside of town)

(6) The most conspicious landmark... well, that humongous stone statue of an angel would work perfectly, right? You make your way towards it, with great haste and no regards for casualities, until you are at the foot of said statue.

The statue is far taller than any house in the city, situated on a peninsula, and seems to defy the laws of gravity. Into the stone pedestal it stands on words in a strange, forgotten language are engraved, and a local legend mentions it eventually coming to life during a time of great need. It certainly has been here since anyone can remember.

Alf: Oh, great. Vodka. I remember the time I drank a bottle of Vodka by myself. I sigh and look at the mug, then put it down on the table. The sergeant's talking about going to neutral ground, but I'm more interested as to who this thieving pig is. I go outside to watch the spectacle. (Dwarmin, right? :p) If it turns out to be someone I know, I'll try to help him out, possibly by doing the old 'he went THAT way' bit.

(3) There is no such thing as a readily-seen spectacle outside. You do try to tell everyone he went south, but they don't listen. Of course, the fact that you are still nude might have something to do with that.

Ochita: I go upstairs to my room, and seeing the locks on the doors I just HAVE to unlock them. And hey, if anyone left stuff behind that door,bad luck. They should have kept it somewhere safe.

(6) Yup, the rooms. There are certainly rooms upstairs, but they most certainly don't belong to you. However, none of them are actually locked, with the exception of one room on the far end that appears to be locked with a particularily high-quality lock. Of course, you home in on that door with the accuracy and determination of a sober dwarf who just smelled booze. (1) Your lock-picking skills are not nearly good enough to best this lock. While you are readying for the second attempt, the door is opened from the inside. In the doorframe stands a woman that is best described as... blurry. You can't quite make out where the borders between her and her surroundings are, and her grayish-green eyes give you the indifferent look of someone who has seen too much for his own good, with a glimmer of interest hidden inside. Which might be good, because you could actually escape alive.

Don Fernando: Ask Sarge for orders while I set about building a crossbow from scrap wood.

(3) "Orders? Well, Alf here says the ferry goes in three hours. You're free to do what you please until then." With that lack of an order, you go out on the streets to search for scrap wood. However, all the scrap wood you do find is mostly rotten, with the exception of what appears to be half a chair, which still is quite fresh.

Sarge (NPC): Get back to perusing booze.

(2) To his visible disappointment, his mug is already empty.

People in the Bar (NPCs): Commence with usual routine.

(6) The preparations for the usual three-o-clock tavern brawl are taken back up.

Chasing Mob (NPCs): Where did 'e go?

(5) The mob decides to split up and strip-search the city.

---

Statuses.

Spoiler: "Blurry Woman (NPC)" (click to show/hide)

Locations!

Spoiler: "Town of New Haven" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Deirdra's Refuge" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Statue of the Angel" (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 04:03:38 pm »

o.O "By Arezac! I thought it was cold out!" I need to find my clothes and put them on! Hopefully I still have them, or at least left them inside the inn...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 04:31:06 pm »

Great, three hours.  How many turns is that?

I use the chair as the start of my awesome crossbow.  Now find some string and more wood.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 05:18:05 pm »

Run downstairs into the mob of people, try to rip her rope-neclace thing away.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 05:46:01 pm »

Wow, that mob is persistent. It's more like an milita or something!

I attempt to read the mysterious inscription (obviously). Also, examine LOOOTZ.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:04 pm »

Head back to the bar and help Frelock with his crossbow building.

Going to ATL for 4-5 days. If my action is needed Frelock or Ochita can play me.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 09:32:34 am »

Great, three hours.  How many turns is that?

Not too many. Five more, perhaps.

I've got to account for the time it takes to find everyone and usher them to the ship, obviously.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:17 am »

Might want to prod inteuniso.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 08:42:24 am »

Ask the people what they're hunting for; assist them.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 01:56:32 pm »

Sorry for delay. I blame the internet.

Tomorrow?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization of Magic 2 RtD - Turn 3: No, seriously, what
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2010, 01:46:15 pm »

Roth: Ask the people what they're hunting for; assist them.

(2) Your polite bequests are met with grunting indifference.

Bjorn: Head back to the bar and help Frelock with his crossbow building.

(6) Going back to the bar, you spot Fernando gathering materials. You ask him for the reason, he provides it. You are struck by a passing inspiration particle...

Desmond: I attempt to read the mysterious inscription (obviously). Also, examine LOOOTZ.

(3) Unsurprisingly, the inscription is total gibberish. The LOOOTZ proves to be four pieces of copper, one piece of silver, and a live spider that you quickly catch.

Alf: "By Arezac! I thought it was cold out!" I need to find my clothes and put them on! Hopefully I still have them, or at least left them inside the inn...

(1) Returning into the bar, you ask people where your clothes are. Apparently, they caught fire from the chandelier, and are currently happily burning. You then proceed to be shoved down on the clothes by a dive-bombing Ochita. Sure, you now have some unpleasant burns on the belly area... but the fire is, at least, put out.

Ochita: Run downstairs into the mob of people, try to rip her rope-neclace thing away.

(3) You try to grab the rope-neclace thing (sic), but your daring grab is not only met with total indifference, but also does not hit a solid object, despite a correct aim (or so you swear at the ensuing installation of drink-to-forget-your-sorrows, with the Sarge as a co-star). You freak out and run in the direction of the downstairs, where you proceed to trip and soar down to the floor level, your fall thankfully being cushioned by a mound of fat, I mean, Alf.

Don Fernando: I use the chair as the start of my awesome crossbow.  Now find some string and more wood.

(3) The part-of-chair will do nicely for the base of the crossbow, you think. You still will need some other stuff and some string, you think. And then Bjorn comes by and explains to you his totally awesome idea on how to build crossbows. Unfortunately, you only understand half of it, but this half inspires you greatly.

You'll require a stinky old boot, a broken harp, a large wooden cooking spoon and five bottles of milk. Fortunately, Bjorn also heard of the infamous Black Barter Market being hosted in the cellar of the inn, so you might want to give it a shot to get the utensils you need.

Sarge (NPC): Inquire barkeep on the subject of the supply of inebriating liquid.

(3) There is only second-rate alcohol left. He takes it anyway.

Chasing Mob (NPCs): Continue search.

(1) They get confused, lost, and generally unable to continue the search.

---

Statuses.

Spoiler: "Blurry Woman (NPC)" (click to show/hide)

Locations!

Spoiler: "Town of New Haven" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Deirdra's Refuge" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Statue of the Angel" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:57:44 pm by Errol »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization of Magic 2 RtD - Turn 3: No, seriously, what
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2010, 02:00:31 pm »

I grab a chair or stool and go upstairs, throw it down the corridor.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9