Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread  (Read 45797 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

"As you wish, then."

The coyote speaks a few words to the workers, and the work stops.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2008, 07:38:00 pm »

The werewolves disappear into the woods, but the scent in the air indicates that they are still close.

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2008, 08:16:00 pm »

The brave human adventurer decides it would be wisest to train and get better equipment before returning to the forest.  Perhaps no one would challenge him next time?

The brave adventurer heads into the new town to gather supplies for his quest.

----------

The human citadel sends workers to cut down outlying trees from the forest edge.
(Will not affect the adjacent forest tile, as I'm actually cutting the 'sparse' trees in my own tile.)
Two more expeditions leave the citadel, one north, one south.

(Human Civ symbols for my villages.  U for the Brave Adventurer, u for normal questers/diplomats/etc.)
The Brave Adventurer is now in *.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂.♣♣.♣.♣│~
▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲^ ▲▲▲▲⌂..♣♣.♣┌──┘~
▲▲⌂⌂⌂.......⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~
▲⌂⌂......≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π.π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘!.♣◘♣..~~.
▲▲^▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│....♣♣..~..
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂ .=..└──┐...♣...≈
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠☻^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐....≈≈
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....└───≈≈≈
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣. ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣.*.=.≈≈
..⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣U#.≈≈
♣≈≈%≈⌂⌂⌂......♣♣ ♣≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣=.≈≈
.♣≈≈≈≈......♣♣♣♣ ♣≈@♣♣♣♣.♣♣♣..≈≈≈
♣.♣♣...♣..♣♣.♣♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈≈

"Though it would help if people would post a few more details about their races, like their favoured biome, technology, views and other preferences of note such as 'likes art' etc."

Humans of the citadel:
Plains, nearby water and trees.
Currently copper, advancing quickly if ores are found.
Adventurous, peaceful if unprovoked, curious, follow Apache, etc.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2008, 04:30:00 am »

The small waves on the surface churned the sunlight into dancing swarms of light as it trailed down and through the slightly greenish water to finally come to rest on the steps leading up to the temple's main chamber, where a silent congregation of the fish-men known as Aegeans were gathered.

Below the temple proper, a small room where the only light coming from a pedestal upon which rested a faintly glowing pearl the size of a human's head also had a collection, but these were the elders.  

Giant creatures, their scaly skin becoming dark and scratched with age, eyes as milky as the giant pearl they stared into, these were the oldest of their kind, the result of several hundred years of living under the gentle waves in the lake that they had laid claim to.

The collected elders looked deep into the shifting surface of the massive pearl, their sightless eyes peering intently as unseen images and unheard sounds drifted into their collective consciousness.

Finally, after almost an hour spent meditating on the pearl's secrets, the elders broke their circle and wandered off towards their chambers to sleep.  The ancient Gishleth-Yheem, eldest among them, went instead towards the high priest to confide with him in the clicking and croaking language of the Aegeans the messages imparted to the circle of elders during meditation.

The high priest nodded, and then made his way back up the tunnel that led towards the higher levels, sometimes swimming, sometimes latching onto the walls and propelling himself forward with his powerful limbs.

Once at the top level, the high priest solemnly made his way to the smooth stone altar upon which danced a cluster of sun rays, and began to address the the congregation.

"Children of the All-Seer, Yagesh has spoken!  Our god has given us a divine mission, he has shaped our path towards a brighter future!"

There were a few clicked murmurs through the crowd, but most stayed quiet, awaiting the priest's next words.

"Our god has expressed distaste at our minor holdings, and has dictated that we shall create an empire to challenge the world for aeons to come!  Children of the All-Seer, the harvest king, god of fish and water, heed this call!  To the south, we shall expand our kingdom until we control all of this simple lake's holdings.  From this seat of power, the world shall know the reign of the Aegeans, and we shall spread onward towards the grand seas the All-Seer has promised our kind!  Yagesh wills our victory!  Yagesh wills our strength!"

The congregation rose from their mollusk-encrusted seats, and the temple rang with a haunting symphony as those collected shouted their fervor in clicks and throaty rumbles that echoed off the smooth stone walls of the temple.

The high priest smiled quietly to himself, lines of small but sharp teeth showing slightly above the rim of his near-fleshless lips.  He had served his god well, and knew divine rewards lay in his future.  Praise be to the All-Seer.

At the edge of the table, the scaled creatue lifts its head from whatever silent reverie had been occupying it for so long.  

"Brethren,"  It said.  "do not let my silence vex you, for I mean no ill manner by it".

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠☻^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐....≈≈
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....└───≈≈≈

Groups of Aegeans gather in various buildings, some celebrating, some planning the domination of the surrounding area.

Aegeans.
Water.  Seas and lakes are home to most settlements, but if a river is found flowing into a mountain, accomodations can be made.

Bones and shells are the most common materials used in weapons and armor, as metalsmithing is difficult underwater.  More expensive armors can be made from volcanic stone near underwater magma vents.

Aegean society is theocratic, with leadership falling to the high priest, who in turn gets his commands from the sacred elders.  Aegeans, although suspicious of outsiders, will not hesitate to make profitable trades with them.  A life spent swimming has crafted very strong bodies, and they are incredibly fast underwater.  Although they are not nearly as agile on land, the lack of water resistance makes them hit quite hard.

(OOC: Sorry 'bout the long wait, I figured I'd make up for it with some interesting background.  I'm going to have to ask for Aegeans to be amphibious (forgot to add that in the first post), as being strictly waterbound would make things a little boring once the lake was fully laid claim to.)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2008, 08:13:00 am »

Hermatus lifts his head off the table. "Ungh, wah? How long was I out? Ah nevermind it looks like its my turn..." He shifts his piece and continues on snoring.

code:

GAMEBOARD:
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠π^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐....≈≈
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲☻▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....└───≈≈≈

The mountain fortress had been built up nicely and was receiving more and more immigrants from the valley. Jencullok had rejoined the rest of the miners, they hadnt made much progress without him, but now it was time to step up the pace. The tunnel had to be completed before the valley became over crowded.

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Fenrir

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2008, 08:55:00 am »

(OOC: Geez, Dark, take it easy! No one else has gotten one settlement up and your dwarves have established three thriving fortresses and dug miles of tunnel!)

EDIT:
(OOC: Hey, Armok, I think those dwarven fortress are overdue for a natural disaster. Don't you think?)

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2008, 09:42:00 am »

(OOC: you know how dwarves are.   :D Plus you're all too slow, but I geuss I better slow down a bit anyway. Still, I am doing everyone a favour by building this tunnel, as long as they pay their toll... im sure a certain human adventurer would just love to get his hands on some dwarven equipment.  ;) )

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2008, 11:08:00 am »

(OOC: before I leave to visit mah relatives im updating the map!)

code:

The Serpent Peaks/The Redwood River/The Dust Plains
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂.♣♣.♣.♣│~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲^ ▲▲▲▲⌂..♣♣.♣┌──┘~ ~~~~↑↑~~~~~~~~~.
▲▲⌂⌂⌂.......⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑↑↑~~~~~~~~..
▲⌂⌂......≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~~↑~~~~..~....
▲⌂.......≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ~~~~~~~.........
▲▲▲⌂⌂.....≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲○⌂..│...♣.♣.~~~ ~~~........~~...
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘..♣♣♣..~~. ......♣♣..~~~...
▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│....♣♣..~.. ≈≈≈.....♣...~~..
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂ .♣..└──┐...♣...≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..........
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐....≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....♣...
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....└───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈▲≈≈≈≈≈.....♣.
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣. ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣.....≈≈ ≈≈♣♣⌂≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣
..⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣...≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈...♣..
♣≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂......♣♣ ♣≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂
.♣≈≈≈≈......♣♣♣♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣♣..≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....⌂⌂.⌂⌂▲
♣.♣♣...♣..♣♣.♣♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..⌂▲▲▲⌂▲▲

↑ is a palmy forest that acts like a regular forest but without hidden bonuses.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2008, 11:19:00 am »

That lake/sea is mine!

Just as soon as I can figure out how the heck I'm gonna get there...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2008, 11:31:00 am »

"You are doing this to fast, Hermatus"

(OOC: really everyone shuld post a list of all their peaple, its fast whit Fenrirs wonderful Serkib. I actually prepared a few wordparts.txt for posible use:
Aegeans:

code:
 file:
kca
zht
fss
pah
sz
jyh
ih
dhz
sha
lmn
ohr
biz
zip
slah
k'ks
lah
bsz
nah
wsh
*click*
ph

Examples:
lahihwshkca
zipphphihbiz
ihihlmn
bizlah
ihohrshapah
zipdhznah
fssk'kspahphfssslah
fssslahslahpahnahnah
kcasha
shaih
kcashaslah
ihzhtkca
*click*jyhwsh
k'kspahphbszkcazht
ohrlmnbizzht
fsszhtdhzsha
fssslahslahphzht
bszphpah*click*dhz
*click*wsh*click*bsz
lmnzipwsh*click*wsh
wshihk'ks
fsszht*click*
bizshabszsz
fssnahihihsz
bszfss
zhtpahzht
lahk'kszipszzipohr
*click*pah*click*ihzhtbsz
dhzlmnlmnzht
zhtbizdhzpah

This one could be used for the werewolves or coyotes:
code:
 File:
grh
hr
ulv
rhf
pf
oouh
urg
ah
arg
wrh
ck
ehr
gh
rir
kan
ryr
rir
ehl
olo
qua

Examples:
ghehloouhqua
rirckurg
rhfck
ehrgh
ehrahwrh
urgrhf
wrhulvckolo
oouhehlrhfurg
ryrrir
ehlckkan
quagh
ryrrhf
ryrehrckolo
rhfehrwrhehr
ehrehrghpf
kanahoouh
hrurgkan
rirck
ulvrirurgpf
ryrckoouhehl
urgrhf
hrahhr
wrhkanah
arghr
kanhrwrhehl
oouhpfkanurg
ahwrhpfulv
rirckgrhehl
urgwrhckwrh
ckarg
rhfahurg
oouhahulvurg
olowrh
ehrkan
ghargkanpf
rhfurg
grhargpf
rirulvgh
ehlquaulv
kanulv

) (yes Fenrir, I made an improvement to your program, I'll post in the Serkib thread very soon, thanks for the source)

I love your description of the Aegeans Kagus, I think you might have played Aquaria at some point in your life. Bonus points for good RP!
Also even if they can't traverse land there is nothing stopping them from digging water filled tunnels...

About my kobolds:
They are genetically and personality wise like kobolds in AKQ.
They have high futertech, for example some ¤pocket unobtainium quantum supercomputers¤ and +clear diamond laser sniper rifles+.
They are elite "assault colonists" from a neighboring universe.
They count and will remain 14 in number.
  :D

Hopefully I will have ting to actually play my turn later today.

Edit: and could you please expand the map in the other direction next time?

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2008, 11:33:00 am »

Xotes shakes his head a bit to wake himself up. "Er, sorry, guys. Sleep got the better of me there..." He pulls out two more Iron Man pieces from his pack and places them on the table.

Kadol keeps surveying the area for suitable settlement positions, while two small groups of Iron Men set out from the lair.
(!=Hero. 1=Regular diplomat/anything else.)

Meanwhile, inside the lair...

Thalim was hard at work punching down walls to expand the lair, when another Iron Man wearing a black headband tapped him on the shoulder. "Fellow brother, our father wishes to have us come to the antechamber." Thalim stopped his work and nodded towards the Iron Man."Then it shall be so."

Thalim followed the Iron Man into the antechamber, in which was a pit several stories deep. There are several other Iron Men there, as well as a diamond on a gigantic pedastal, extending from the bottom of the pit, with a bridge of stone to the pedastal.

A voice is heard, emenating from the diamond. "Hello, my children. Now is the time to expand. For far too long you have dwelt here in this cave, waiting for adventurers to come here and take the statues that are created once you have lost your mortal life. No more! Now, you shall set out and tame the world, bending it to your will. You shall go forth, and make great alliances, and ever after your kind will be praised. However, the path will be filled with much adversity, as there are many others who will come to attempt the same thing you will. You cannot let them succeed, my children. YOU must succeed..."

With that, the voice faded away, and the Iron Men rejoiced. The Iron Man wearing the headband started talking."Now, you have heard what our father has said, so we shall set out! In groups of five, we shall go forth and conquer the land. Now, two groups will go and assist Kadol in his quest to find new areas to settle in. The rest will stay here for now and expand the cave. Let us get to work, my brothers! FOR XOTES!" The Iron Men start cheering and the cave itself shakes from the noise.

code:
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π.π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...1.♣.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘..♣◘♣..~~.
▲▲^▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│.!..1♣..~..
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠π^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐....≈≈
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲☻▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....└───≈≈≈

((Wow, it really takes a lot outta somebody to write lots of exposition. I'm gonna pass out now.))

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Necro

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trunk with her iron battlaxe, bruising the fat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2008, 11:48:00 am »

Meanwhile, in the dark abysses of the earth, the ancient Necro bids his time, amassing his light-shunning followers and taking pleasure in the nutririon that the deceased provides through the earth.

Fenrir

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »

Fenrir wakes from his slumber. His massive jaws gape as he yawns, and the burst of air threatens to suck the game board down his throat, along with all the other players. "Oh my, I must have overslept. I really ought to get an alarm clock. You know what they say, 'The slumbering wolf does not get the ham.' (OOC: That's an actual Poetic Edda quote.) Alright, where was I? Oh yes, the matter of the coyotes and the wood."

Quagh walks into the roughly-dug cave, stepping over and around rocks, crevices, and the bones of the pack's last meal. The cave walls are soft, for the den had been dug in the loam just below the surface. Here and there the remains of a fire can be seen, along with the symbols of the pack.

The werewolf proceeds deeper into the cave, where the dim light is provided only by torches. Passageways twist off in all directions. The deep, growling voices of his kin can be heard in all directions, with the path to the surface being the only exception.

There is one passage larger than the others, with a large purple cloth, emblazoned with the symbol of the pack, is draped over it. Quagh pushes the curtain aside as he walks down this path. The passage opens up abruptly into a large, but dimly lit, room.

At the center can be seen the large form of the alpha male, seated upon his throne. The throne is made of bone and hide, and several skulls decorate it. Quagh lays upon the ground and rolls over onto his back.

"What is it?" the alpha male growls. "The coyote pack to the north has come to our forest to cut down trees." he replies. "Then drive them out!" the alpha male snaps. "But, Karg, they come from the mountains, they may be able to help us." says Quagh. Karg ponders a moment, then responds. "Go speak with them. If they are unwilling to trade, then remove them from this forest. Leave at once, Quagh!"

Quagh rolls over onto his stomache and returns to his feet. He steps back into the passage, shakes the dirt from his fur, then departs.

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »

(OOC: did peaple mis my post because it was the last on the page?
It is really fantastic how good this is going despite being NO rules and free for all, I don't know anywhere else this wouldn't have erupted into chaos.
I think there is two reasons:
1; all participants are very mature and serious, and the thread discourage peaple who aren't
2; all participants are good RPers and writers whit a wonderful imagination
3; we all know each other and care for this thread

Ok, maybe not only that, I cant really put my finger on it, maybe it's just because we're awesome?

"(OOC: That's an actual Poetic Edda quote.)"
AWESOME!)

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fenrir

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »

(OOC:
Full Quote: