Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread  (Read 45793 times)

Fenrir

Re: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by apache1990:
<STRONG>A brave adventurer marches out of the citadel towards the woods, armed with a copper mace.</STRONG>

Ambush! The adventurer has encountered a werewolf sentry! "Your trespassing!" it growls, "Your kind are not welcome here! Be gone or my leader will feast upon your heart and liver!"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂.♣♣.♣.♣│~
▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲^ ▲▲▲▲⌂..♣♣.♣┌──┘~
▲▲⌂⌂⌂.......⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~
▲⌂⌂......≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~
▲⌂.......≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π.π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘!.♣◘♣..~~.
▲▲^▲▲▲▲☻▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│....♣♣..~..
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂ .=..└──┐...♣...≈
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐....≈≈
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....└───≈≈≈
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣. ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣.*...≈≈
..⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣U#.≈≈
♣≈≈%≈⌂⌂⌂......♣♣ ♣≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈
.♣≈≈≈≈......♣♣♣♣ ♣≈@♣♣♣♣.♣♣♣..≈≈≈
♣.♣♣...♣..♣♣.♣♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈≈  

The expidition finally reaches the forest, and begins setting up camp.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »

Hermatus frowns. "Uh, Armok, we're doin this oldschool like, to impress the mortals remember? I mean, I dont know any mortal who respects a god that does magic with fancy lights, we're better than that!" Hermatus moves the dwarven figure further south.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂.♣♣.♣.♣│~
▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲^ ▲▲▲▲⌂..♣♣.♣┌──┘~
▲▲⌂⌂⌂.......⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~
▲⌂⌂......≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~
▲⌂.......≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π.π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘!.♣◘♣..~~.
▲▲^▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│....♣♣..~..
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲☻▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂ .=..└──┐...♣...≈
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐....≈≈
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....└───≈≈≈
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣. ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣.*...≈≈
..⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣U#.≈≈
♣≈≈%≈⌂⌂⌂......♣♣ ♣≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈
.♣≈≈≈≈......♣♣♣♣ ♣≈@♣♣♣♣.♣♣♣..≈≈≈
♣.♣♣...♣..♣♣.♣♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈≈  

They were deep inside the mountain now, the tunnel streched backwards into the gloom. At the end of it was a light, but Jencullok couldnt see it. The food cart came clanking up the tunnel, at least now he could rest for a while.

EDIT: (OOC: Imp, you may want to move your settlement down one more tile to gain at least minor bonuses from the forest, at that location it counts as 'on the edge of the forest' but still fully visible.)

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Fenrir

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »

The expedition of coyotes can hear numerous howls and barks in the trees to the south, coming closer and closer.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2008, 05:04:00 pm »

(OOC: Can everyone post their 'hero symbol' with their other stats? I wouldnt like to put unique units in the KEY, but rather have them as a symbol only one god can use, as their champion. Mine is fairly obious but I put it in my first post, also Imp, are your coyotes, uh, werecoyotes or something? Kinda silly to have dogs worshipping a god and building towns etc.)

EDIT: (OOC: or maybe I will, il put em in a seperate catagory, everyone post their hero symbol anyway though.   :D )

EDIT2: (OOC: by the way, you can have regular heroes as well as your champion, but your champion is someone pretty special.)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2008, 05:09:00 pm »

(OOC: they're a bit of a mix between the two. they can walk bipedally and quadrupedally, and use tools. Also, the expedition isn't there to stay, they just came for the lumber.)

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

(OOC: kay, il put em down as werecoyotes then, seems reasonable enough, we can just assume 'were' does not mean 'is human in the day and a beast at night' but rather 'half-beast all the time'.)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

(OOC: Sounds good to me. However, they don't live in dens, as you listed on the front page. I'm the god of architecture, remember?)  :D

Fenrir

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2008, 05:18:00 pm »

(OOC: No no no, Dark, you misunderstand. Being a werewolf has nothing to do with the nighttime or the full moon. Those are a modern twist on an old myth. Werewolves are men who can change themselves into a wolf, or gain wolf like properties. There are many was to become a werewolf, but the full moon does not trigger the transformation.)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »

(OOC: alright il put them down as werecoyote fortress then.   :roll: Though it would help if people would post a few more details about their races, like their favoured biome, technology, views and other preferences of note such as 'likes art' etc.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »

(OOC: no, don't try open GL Fenrir, I have made a post in the original thread, read it and respond)

My kobolds can be 'k' maybe?

Armok wipes the lights whit a sweeping gesture, summons a parchment containing the same symbols, and mutters something undecipherable.

(OOC: I want to have time to do my RP good, and that takes time to write, and I don't have much time, so please keep the tempo low so I don't feel forced to spend more time than I have on this, for digging and traveling I think realtime might be good, and then those dwarves dig awfully fast. I will probably be at a stable 1 update der day and two on weekends or something like that.)

Edit:
I cant help to notice that:
Kobold: small doglike humanoid.
Werecoyote: a coyote, a canine, that can walk bipedal and use tools
Werewolf: can change between wolf and man at will
... dose anybody else notice the pattern?

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Armok ]

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »

(OOC: I supose my dwarves do dig kind of fast, but there are usually a few posts between my actual IC updates and I need to try keep in sync. The faster others post the faster the dwarves dig, il try to keep a few turns between my updates though, other than these OOC messages etc.)

EDIT: (OOC: Armok I put your champion down as K rather than k. Lesser heroes can be k however, and I would prefer if everyone used '=' as a migrating group rather than their own symbol. Just try to remember which = is yours.   :p )

EDIT2: (OOC: also a note on combat, unlike the BFTBG thread combat in this thread will be more realistic rather than DF style, so try to avoid 'The human bashes the werewolf in the head with his copper mace. It is smashed into the body and unrecogniseable mass!' No offense Fenrir.)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

quote:
... dose anybody else notice the pattern?

(OOC: I actually didn't realize that. I just did that because I happen to have a particular fondness for coyotes. Wonder what'll happen if someone starts a feline civ... :D)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

(OOC: bah, felines are lazy gits not bothered for a fight, they aint good civilization stuff, why do you think wolves hunt in packs and cats dont?)

Hermatus took out a stein from his pockets. It was filled with some kind of sugary alchohol. "Bah, this stuff is crap, who brews it? I should get down te my temple and demand beer every mass. Not sacrafices mind ya, I would never stand any mortal, dwarf or not, spilling beer for me."

(OOC: more in character updates now! We cant fill the whole thread with announcements and discussions!)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »

Imp reaches into his bag and pulls out a handful of tiny elves. He takes one and pops it into his mouth. There is a faint shriek, followed by an audible crunch. He holds out his hand to Hermatus.

"Want one? They're fresh from the mortal realm."

--------------------

The expedition party sets to work gathering lumber to brin back to their settlement.

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22