Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread  (Read 45792 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂.♣♣.♣.♣│~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲^ ▲▲▲▲⌂..♣♣.♣┌──┘~ ~~~~↑↑~~~~~~~~~. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~♥~~
▲▲⌂⌂⌂......π⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑D+~~¥~~~~~.. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~≡~α↑~~~~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ~~~~~~~......... ↑↑.⌂▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~§~ ~~~....≡...~~... .↑↑.⌂▲▲⌂~~~~~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘..♣♣♣..~~. ......♣♣..~~~... ..↑↑.⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~
▲▲^▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ≡≡..│....♣♣..~.. ≈≈≈..+..♣...~~.. ..↑..⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠══╦════π .$..└──┐...♣.U.≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈.......... .↑.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲a╠π^π▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐...*≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....♣... .♣⌂⌂≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈▲≈≈≈≈≈.....♣. ♣.⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲║⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣. ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣│*...≈≈ ≈≈♣♣⌂≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣ ..⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
..⌂%⌂⌂⌂║⌂⌂.≡.♣π♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘♣.#.≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈...♣.. .⌂⌂⌂≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
♣≈%♥%⌂⌂π...┌──╫─ ─≈≈A≡─┐♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂ ⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
.π≡≈≈──╫───┘♣♣♣♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣♣..≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....⌂⌂.⌂⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..♣♣..π♣..♣♣.♣♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣*≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..⌂▲▲▲⌂▲▲ ▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

(OOC: you want me to keep your KEY info for later Fenrir?)

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Fenrir

« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »

(OOC: Don't bother. If I do come back, I'll start from scratch.)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2008, 01:10:00 pm »

code:

▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~≡~α↑~~~~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
♣≈%♥%⌂⌂π...┌──╫─ ─≈≈≈─A≡♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂ ⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲

[OOC] Mmmph. [/OOC]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

(OOC: Kagus, I cant imagine how bored you are just moving your people along that river, feel free to move them faster if you want. Also where are you Apache? If you're not going to play I should probably remove your cities and stuff, but I cant do so until you confirm it like Fenrir!)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »

[OOC}Yea Kagus, from me as well, feel free to move faster. I'm planning to have boats and stuff on that ocean but I don't want to start doing that until yer in the ocean too.  No fun if by the time you get here I have a giant unstoppable navy.  ;)[/OOC]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2008, 03:46:00 pm »

Gregnar sighs and watches as his civilization's people move around.

code:

▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~≡α↑~~~~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~

The news relieved the entire community. The army had would be arriving shortly, and as such could be seen clearly from the top of the temple. Kailith, however, was still angry.

Indeed, those terrible monsters would be diving down upon them with seconds, and the priests... they were having great trouble with his request.

Certainly they knew how to do such a thing. Their powers were great. But at such power comes a cost. Many have died in an attempt to change what they normally could not. Gregnar's demands for blood are insatiable.

In his tent, Kailith sat on his cloth mat and pondered. His men were all ready for the inevitable assault, and there was nothing more he could do for them. Caliph, one of the few survivors of his failed assault, waited outside the tent entrance, and all was quiet except for the clacking of wooden spears meeting wooden shields.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

The city was within striking distance and the charge line was being prepared with two lesser sand devils out in front.  The master summoner was still too busy at the capital to field anything powerful.  

A relatively short dracon was also out front, supervising the formation.  There is a large curved sword strapped to his back between his wings and is wearing a set of silvery half-plate.  The armor even had extensions covering the bony parts of his wings and the top of his tail.  He isn't wearing a helmet if they could still be called that with all the modifications that had to be made to fit the race's draconic head. He has long bright blue hair, and oddity for his race that the vast majority of is bald.  The blue hair was common however, to the nobles of the Bluesabers clan.

Silvak was hesitant, although the scouts had reported an army beyond the city, they also reported that the force defending the city seemed to be nothing but hastily armed civilians. They needed the defensive ground of the city, but the thought of attacking civilians, even if armed, put a bad taste in his mouth.

Th formation was complete.  A classic formation from the old days when wars against humans were commonplace, greatswords in front to break up spear formations with fliers in the back to fly over the front lines at the last second of the charge to dive at the enemies back row.  Historically it was excellent in causing chaos in enemy lines.  The humans on his world saw it a hundred times and had learned to counter it.  But this wasn't his home world, and these humans probably never saw it before.

His troops were waiting for orders. He considered ordering his troops to take prisoners but in the chaos of the fighting that would be nearly impossible.  After a moment's thought, he unsheathed his nodachi and simply ordered the charge.

code:

▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~≡α↑~~~~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~§~ ~~~........~~... .↑↑.⌂▲▲⌂~~~~~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘..♣♣♣..~~. ......≡♣..~~~... ..↑↑.⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~
[OOC] I didn't move their icon because that one tile is probably
about to get pretty crowded very soon.

[OOC] I kinda don't know if that city has a wall around it or anything. Hopefully this wasn't just a really dumb move.

[OOCEDIT]Wow, I jumped between tenses alot.  As you can see I don't do this often.  ;)

[ March 08, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

[OOC] No walls. The settlement is mainly made up of occasional stone buildings and tents scattered around the main temple. [/OOC]

code:

▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~α↑~~~~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~

Kailith cursed and spat into the sand. Those sand demons would decimate their ranks, and they were charging now at full speed. Even their reinforcements of camel riders would be hard-pressed to bring those beasts down.

"ARCHERS!" he yelled, raising his scimitar into the air. He watched with a grin as twenty militia raised their bows and notched arrows onto their strings in a quick, systematic, fashion. They had been trained well.

"Hit their infantry! Aim... fire!"

Suddenly, twenty arrows were launched from behind the spearmen, plunging into the Dracon regiments.

"Notch again! Aim... Fire!"

More arrows rained down on their enemy, few hitting anything. Kailith cursed again as the demons quickened their approach.

"Commander!" Kailith turned to see the leader of their reinforcements. "Our raiders are ready to charge, and our archers ready to fire." Kailith answered him:

"Tell the archers to attack their infantry in their rear flank when they are engaged with our spears. Your raiders... I want them to charge their flanks when I give the order. I can only pray to Gregnar that the priests will deal with these sand demons before they do too much damage! Now go!"

When the young raid commander had left, galloping at full speed with his camel, Kailith turned to his archers once again.

"Ready! Aim... fire!"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

[OOC] Well, technically, they are moving faster.  For as long as they've been in the river, they've been chugging along at double their normal pace, moving two tiles each turn instead of just one.

However, I'm quite busy right now, and so I don't really have time to push them along the river, even at a heightened speed.  If he doesn't mind, I'm going to have to ask Dark to move my guys down the river with each of his turns.  Just PM me when they've made it to where the river lets out into the sea, and I'll come back around to pick up again.

As for now, I've got adventurers to kill off in Death and Glory!, as well as building a house for The Woodsman.  Cheers, lads.  Let blood flow!
[/OOC]

With a massive gurgling sigh, Yagesh folds a translucent film over his eyes and rests in the mid-game.  The other gods cease their bickering for a moment to contemplate the fish-god's sudden bout of drowsiness, and then quickly resume their infighting.

On the board, the Aegeans continue their journey to the place where they will grow from the tiny seed of their current number, into a branching tree which will cast its shadow of dominion over all the lands beyond the shore.  Storm clouds move onto the map from the west in response to the water-god's veil of sleep.  A gentle rain pours down on the land, wetting the ground for the ever-watchful eye of Yagesh.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2008, 09:42:00 am »

Hermatus takes his turn with a drunken vengance! "Ahh, I'm just jokin' with yah!"

code:

▲▲^▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ .≡..│....♣♣..~.. ≈≈≈..+..♣...~~.. ..↑..⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~~~
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲║⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣☻ ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣│*...≈≈ ≈≈♣♣⌂≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣ ..⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
..⌂%⌂⌂⌂║⌂⌂..≡♣π♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘♣.#.≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈...♣.. .⌂⌂⌂≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
♣≈%≡%⌂⌂π...┌──╫─ ─≈≈≈─A≡♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂ ⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
.π≈≈≈──╫───┘♣♣♣♣ ♣≈♣♣♣♣└─┘♣♣..≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....⌂⌂.⌂⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

The boat rocked softly on the lake. There were shapes underwater, but they werent soft shapes, they werent unusual shapes. They were solid and organised. "Ohhh so interesting, soso interesting. If only we could get a closer look!" was Yammish's first comment. Sadly they just didnt have the technology to go underwater safely, they would drown! But with a genius like his, anything was possible, given enough time! "Alright lads, we'll head back home soon, I justneed to take a few notes!"

Jencull left the camp behind, oh how great it was to be moving again! Sitting around eating plump helmet and syrup, signing documents and having meetings, that wasnt for him, Greentoes handled that stuff! But alas Greentoes was back at the capitol, and he was out here in the unknown. But it was getting far knowner every day, but no doubt there was lots of east to explore yet.

The eight swordsdwarfs sprung from ambush and rushed the caravan, swords gleaming, splintmail clinking. Nothing like a good battle!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 09, 2008, 10:42:00 pm »

Arrows were flying everywhere, some hitting the ground, others simply bounced off of the heavier armor. Some did hit their mark however, Silvak noticed one hit one of the othere leading the charge in the crease between the sholderguard and breastplate, another tearing through the sensitive wing of a second soldier.  Who knew what was happening behind him out of sight.

The enemy had spearmen braced to receive the charge.  But the dracon had expected that.  The sand devils sunk into th sand right before hitting the spearline sending a ripple almost like an ocean wave against the lines in front of them.  The wave was only about half a foot high, but more than enough to break up parts of the line as the humans lost their footing. It was less than Silvak expected. If they were in the open desert it would have been far more effective.

The parts of the line still bracing for the charge did manage to slow down the charge at least, but the spears did little damage as the well trained army swung their swords early, destroying many of the spears before plowing into them.  And without the manufactured points the splintered wood had difficulty even piercing the chain mail between the armor plates.  Fortunately for the humans the large swords were too heavy to bring to bear again immediately after destroying the spears so casualties on both sides were rather light.  Only Silvak's sword hit more than one target during the charge, as the warrior was legendary for his quickness with his weapon of choice. He destroyed both his opponent's spear and throat in two quick, precise swings.

Red streamers had been thrown into the air shortly before the front lines had hit the enemy.  This was the signal for the fliers behind the heavy infantry to perform their part of the charge.  Since they were already at a full run they had to do little more than spread their wings to gain enough altitude to fly over the other soldiers.  Then diving down again a few ranks into the human formation before they even knew they were in striking range.

The unit's priest was also among the fliers as well as the young summoner. But they did not fly ahead like the rest of the group. Instead the priest took on the duties of a combat medic.  While the summoner worked to use his magic to deflect arrows away from them both. The barrier wouldn't hold for long as the spell called upon wind spirits when he only had sand, fire, and smoke spirits.  But it would protect them from stray arrows while the priest did her work.

[OOC]No map update as I don't believe enough time has passed.  The summoner can summon multiple creatures but the power is split evenly among them.  The two sand devils can be stunned by strikes and hurt by heroes(anybody mildly important) at this point.  If another creature gets summoned they will be able to be wounded by standard weapons.  The summoner has no offensive spells that don't directly involve summoning a creature.  And the priest's only offensive spell is Flame Strike.  Which could only take out one person at best.  

Believe it or not I actually made a big convoluted set of rules for summoners way back when me and some friends played DnD.  Still, tell me if they seem too strong and I'll tone them down some.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

Kailith swung his scimitar through the air, cutting through one of the flying soldiers and sending it tumbling to the sand. They were fully engaged now, and Kailith knew their lines would be breaking apart soon. He wanted to deal with those sand demons first, however...

Around the top of the temple strange streams of sand could be seen swirling in a rythmic pattern. The priests were weaving their spell! With a sudden deafening roar, the sand took was shot towards the enemy lines like a whip, smashing into troops and demon alike, knocking them to the ground. Kailith grinned and charged his raiders forward. He knew that would be the last spell his priests would be able to cast, but it was enough. The downed sand demons were easy targets as his men frantically crawled atop of them, stabbing desperately. They were a simple distraction as Kailith's raiders cut through one of them, lopping off limbs until the beast itself was nothing more than part of the desert sands.

His men had taken tremendous losses, and one more sand demon remained. Only one hope remained, and their reinforcements must have noticed it. With a sudden charge from the nearby sand dunes, thirty camel raiders made a sudden charge while the archers circled to their enemy's rear flanks, firing into the sky as they moved, hitting a few airborne troops.

With a sudden crash, the raiders hit the enemy grounded troops, sending many sprawling to the brown sand before dispatching them with a quick slash to the throat. Hope renewed, Kailith charged with his remaining raiders into the fray.

Gregnar would revel in their enemy's slaughter, Kailith thought.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »

The fight was going badly.  They were outnumbered.  He had hoped that the humans, would break and run, at the very least the civilians.  But they held firm.  Silvak looked for a signaler to order a retreat but could not find any alive.  After some looking he found one of the signal crossbows already loaded with the retreat signal.  

A quick hit against his greaves and the bolt tip started smoking, he quickly fired in into the air roughly to the north, then discarded the crossbow as the magic bolt whistled loudly through the air leaving a trail of blue smoke.  It was the retreat signal, and the direction of the smoke trail indicated the direction to retreat to.

Silvak saw a flash of flame out of the corner of his eye during the retreat and then a firebird appeared in the air out in front of the retreating dracon, the summoner's fire spirit burning anyone attempting to block the retreat. Then shortly after the main part of the unit escaped the melee it blinked out in a puff of smoke.  The young summoner had been killed. He likely was too exausted from summoning multiple spirits to escape with the rest of the unit.

The priest had made it out fortunately, though there was blood visible from some  cuts, but they were healing quickly, the priest had likely cast a regeneration spell on herself when the fighting started going badly.

"Back to the base!  Try to stay to the thicker groups of trees!" was the order. they hoped that the cavalry would be slowed down by the trees aiding in their escape. The dracon never stopped and another signal crossbow was loaded and fired, this time with a bolt that went straight up also with a whistling sound but exploded into a bright flash of white light above the treeline.  Spotters back at the city could see it and know that the fight went badly. And to prepare for attack.

The unit was down to 14 members, 5 of which were injured in some way.  And the master summoner back in the capital would not be happy when he learns of the death of his student.  Worse yet, the small portal at the base would have much lower capacity without a summoner on each end of it.

code:

[OOC]The remains of the military moved back into the tile there icon
is on.  And the group of sailors and such made it to the ocean city.

Youh looked up from his game boy and notices the retreat.  "I thought they were better than that."

Ok then, I guess I should give them some cover."

He snaps his fingers and a little spark of flame jumps from his fingers and lands on the gameboard in the part of the forest with the retreating unit.  "I hope they are at least as fireproof as Holm boasts."  With that he goes back to raising pokemon on his game boy.

EDIT: Greiger, Breaking message board formatting since 1983.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2008, 12:12:00 am »

(OOC: Been busy lately, but here I am.)

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≡──┬┘..♣♣♣..~~. ......♣♣..~~~... ..↑↑.⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~

“Captain, come quickly!”
“What is it, soldier?” The captain of the guard approached the recruit standing guard atop the wall.
“The expedition from the southern forests is returning.”
“And? I see nothing out of the ordinary. Why the alarm?”
“They’re being pursued, sir.”
“What?”
The soldier handed the captain her spyglass. Looking through, he easily picked out the wagons of the expedition party, barreling toward the gates as fast as they could.  Just a quarter-mile or so behind them, he could make out a small cluster of figures. Taking a closer look, he could discern the identity of the attackers.
“What... are those? they don't look anything like the natives the courier described. But whoever or...whatever they are, do they really expect to take them with so few?”
“Perhaps so. They are approaching from the caravan's vulnerable flank. Most of the guards appear to have remained behind, save perhaps a few. They would stand no chance.”
The captain looked over at the soldier. “Then we must provide some…intervention. Send out the crossbows to the north bank of the river. Hopefully the boltfire will be enough to break their meager ranks, or at least distract them, but even so, I will lead the cavalry out to meet them.”

(OOC: The coyotes have no horses, so their cavalry are not 'cavalry', per se, but rather a sort of armored chariot.)

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 11, 2008, 10:05:00 am »

Hermatus sniffles about Fenrir's early departure. "'E was such a great beast, pity we ne'er got te fight giants and titans together, a so much fun that'd be!"

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂≡──┬┘..♣♣♣..~~. ......♣♣..~~~... ..↑↑.⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲║⌂⌂⌂⌂.≡♣. ☻.♣♣♣♣..♣│*...≈≈ ≈≈♣♣⌂≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣ ..⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
..⌂%⌂⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣π♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘♣.#.≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈...♣.. .⌂⌂⌂≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲

The forest was eerily quiet, the howlings had stopped, the creatures had vanished. Jencull was not pleased, perhaps it was some kind of curse? No matter, they still had quite a journey ahead of them.

The boat set off once again, full of moaning dwarves. "A bit a' water never hurt anyone lads! Keep rowing, we'll be homesoon! Dont be so gloomy, you're making me sadnow!" Oh how depressing, by this point four dwarves had been sick, their moaning was really getting to Yammish. Still, these notes are well worth the trip. Hopefully he can send a signal to the mountain outpost for more materials.

"Lads, this fighting is gettin' us nowhere, the caravan is gettin' away!" The caravan guards were proving an able distraction, but they had only one wounded dwarf while several of these things lay dead. The battle was almost over anyway, "Someone take tha wounded lad back ta the fortress, the six o' us remaining will catch up with the caravan. Remember, search each wagon for our marksdwarves, then retreat. If you dont find em retreat anyway, I dint want this ta get ugly."

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22