Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread  (Read 45795 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2008, 10:21:00 am »

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂.♣♣.♣.♣│~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲^ ▲▲▲▲⌂..♣♣.♣┌──┘~ ~~~~↑↑~~~~~~~~~. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~♥~~
▲▲⌂⌂⌂......π⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑↑α≡~„~~~~~.. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~σ↑~~~~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ~~~~~d~......... ↑↑.⌂▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~§~ ~~~..D.....~~... .↑↑.⌂▲▲⌂~~~~~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘..♣♣♣..~~. ......♣♣..~~~... ..↑↑.⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~
▲▲^▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│....♣♣..~.. ≈≈≈..≡..♣...~~.. ..↑..⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠══╦════π ≡÷..└──┐...♣.U.≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈.......... .↑.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲a╠π^π▲▲⌂⌂. ♣C.....└─┐...*≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....♣... .♣⌂⌂≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈▲≈≈≈≈≈.....♣. ♣.⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲║⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣. ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣│*...≈≈ ≈≈♣♣⌂≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣ ..⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
..⌂%⌂⌂⌂║⌂⌂...♣π♣ w♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘♣.#.≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈...♣.. .⌂⌂⌂≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲
♣≈%♥%⌂⌂π...A≡─☻─ ─≈≈≈──┐♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂ ⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
.♣≈≈≡──╫───┘♣♣♣♣ ♣≈@♣♣♣└─┘♣♣..≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....⌂⌂.⌂⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣.♣♣..π♣..♣♣.♣♣♣ w♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣*≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..⌂▲▲▲⌂▲▲ ▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

Entering the forest, the Aegeans were shaded from the sun by the interlinking branches of the trees growing on the shore.  Small rays of sunlight filtered down and glimmered off the fins and scales of the Aegeans.  There would be difficulty ahead, of that there was no doubt, but the Aegeans were determined as ever to reach their goal and settle a new citadel to rival the makings of any yet conceived, by those in water, on land, or under it.

[OOC] This is my "nothing to say, just moving my pieces since I'm lagging behind".[/OOC]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »

"Captain! those... things are approaching us!"

"How many?"

"I count at least seven, perhaps more. They are armed, sir!"

The captain of the caravan guard scratches his chin, then turns to his warriors.

"Crossbows, set up by the wagons. Skirmishers, with me, but make no move to attack until I give the order."

The camp comes alive with activity as the guardsmen prepare themselves for battle.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »

[OOC]Sorry about the slow posts I am having computer difficulties.  I somehow managed to blunder installing a shiny new gig of ram by hurrying too much.  Fried the memory slots on the motherboard. (D'oh!) I guess I made my stupid mistake quota for this month. At least the ram still works.[/OOC]

CotG report + city

The fight was going better than expected.  More of the civilians stayed than I thought.  And they were literally fighting tooth and claw.  Glances to the south and east show reinforcements on the way by both sky and ground.  Unless something goes horribly wrong we will hold.  

The arrows are a pain, we having difficulty communicating with many of the civilian groups as many of the city alleyways are uncovered and any fliers only become a target.  At least two fell charging the enemy, and others within the city have been wounded from stray arrows.  Were trying to get them to act defensively but they are spread out everywhere, and we don't know where they all are.

Two of the city's hunters have taken up positions within the keeps higher floors, firing their hunting crossbows.  They were unlikely to do any real damage as the weapons were inaccurate and underpowered, but the I don't want to strip them of their trusted weapons for only the sake of tradition.

Four military scouts armed with falcions have arrived from the south along with a minor sand devil.  The military supposedly works with these kind of creatures all the time, but us guards rarely get to see them.  Looks like a small human with a bald head. It has small wings, a thin tail, and is about half the size of a dracon.  Though it looks flesh and blood every time a small breeze hits it sand seems to come off of it and its figure fades out slightly. The thing gives me the creeps but it is dutifully following the orders of the squad commander.

We are planning a counter charge once the unit from the east gets here.  And my second in command dug up some of the rusty old riot shields from the barracks.  They are thin and light enough for us to use in the air but they cover a large area.  I gave 4 of them to the scouts since they are better trained. And gave out the final 3 to members of the guard. I have chose not to use one.

-Grangin Fourriver CotG

code:

▲▲⌂⌂⌂......π⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑↑αdd„~~~~~.. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~σ↑d~≡~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ~~~~~D~......... ↑↑.⌂▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~§~ ~~~........~~... .↑↑.⌂▲▲⌂~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

Gregnar looks at the gameboard and curses angrily. He slams his fist on the edge of the table and then mumbles incoherently under his breath.
code:

▲▲⌂⌂⌂......π⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑α+dd„~~~~~.. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~σ*d~≡~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ~~~~~D~......... ↑↑.⌂▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~§≡ ~~~........~~... .↑↑.⌂▲▲⌂~~~~~~~~

* = Small army

Log of Hamar, Priest of Gregnar

Our militia have mobilized to the palm forest, along with a few of the more powerful priests of Gregnar, and have been left to make sure the few laborers in the city are doing as we need. These... "Dracon," as the high priest calls them, are large in number. But that is not the worst of it. With them, demons made of sand seem to be moving. Kailith is, fortunately, alive, if the messengers are to be believed.

Our troops have made defensive positions in the forest, but their flanks are open for attack. We fear the worst for the men recruited into this makeshift army. They are strong but unskilled. A few show some proficiency with a bow, but we barely have enough arrows for them all. Against the sand demons, they will not stand a chance, however. The priests are the only ones capable of destroying them, but it is dangerous for them to utilize the change magic Gregnar has given them.

The defense will most likely be in vain, but all hope is not lost. The temple is now complete, and merely entering the building fills one with the powers of Change and Time. Gregnar has not let us down.

It is believed our messengers have arrived at the city, and a resupply caravan and army is moving to our small settlement here. They may not make it in time to save us, but they will be able to liberate the temple, should it come to that.

End of Log

Kailith looked at the pitiful army the settlement had raised. This would not be enough, and everyone of them knew it. His once mighty raiding part had dealt serious damage to the winged beasts in the city, but in the process had been reduced to ten raiders and only two archers. He had only to look into the distance to know that they had to withdraw.

Two of those sand... monsters were approaching their position. They were not collosal in size, but Kailith could not imagine how anything could defeat them. The two priests say they had the power, but Kailith doubted that. It seemed to him that they were no longer in Gregnar's favor. He wouldn't have let them lose that battle if they were.

Regardless, Kailith knew he would now have to fight it out to the bitter end. He was told that an army was being sent from the capital, but how could they possibly reach them in time? They would all perish and the high temple that towered over the land would be razed to the ground.

Kailith looked into the distance, past the sand demons, and into a cloud of swirling sand that had been picked up by the wind-

'That's it!'

He stood up from the patchy grass he had been sitting in and rushed to the priest, Quarath. He was meditating under the shade of a palm. Kailith obviously knew better to interrupt this, so he stood in front of the balding man, silently. Only when he opened his eyes did Kailith speak.

"We need a sand storm."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

"Ha! take that! In your FACE! Oh yea! I'm awesome! Whoo Hoo! Time to party!" Youh is dancing around the table happily.  Then he trips over Fenrir's tail and goes flying into a wall. "Ow...Oh well, I'm still awesome!"
code:

▲▲⌂⌂⌂......π⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑α+d~„~~~~~.. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~σ*D~≡~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ~~~~~~~......... ↑↑.⌂▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~§≡ ~~~........~~... .↑↑.⌂▲▲⌂~~~~~~~~
▲▲^▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│....♣♣..~.. ≈≈≈..+..♣...~~.. ..↑..⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~~~

Log of Silvak Bluesabers

The main group of the enemy was repelled. I didn't even get to join in the fun.

Another group has shown itself a short ways to the west.  But they look to only be  a hastily put together militia.  We are continuing to move north to join up with the rest of the army.  We are going to turn that city into a frontlines fortress.

The summoner back at the capital has informed our people back on our home world of our food problems ending with the founding of our ocean city and he has been working hard to summon willing migrants from the matching world portal back home. We have 10 more happy migrants the portal's maximum daily capacity now that the spell Youh had placed on it at founding has worn off.  The skilled fishers and sailors are traveling to the new city.  The 7 constructors down south have a trained shipwright so if all goes well we may even have a navy.

Youh has ordered a party.  I'll pass, but I have requisitioned some food and some watered down dracoroot brew for all the troops not on duty.  Strict 2 drink maximum and they are ordered to keep their equipment nearby. The priest volunteered to keep order.  I don't want a bunch of drunken elves if that militia decides to do something stupid.

With the summoner busy only our apprentice's sand spirit is still active, but it has returned to our unit.  And since it has no need to sleep it has been placed on guard duty.
(Military identification seal)

EDIT:[OOC] There are now 30 Members of the military in the city and the guards are being military trained. Silvak's unit has 20 and the other group by the city has 10 they are all quite close to the city. The migrant group from the capital is made up of 10 fishers 7 sailors, 2 of the capital guard(elite police force, think SWAT. Shortswords, tower shields, and chainmail.) and 1 designated messenger.

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

Gregnar looks at Youh malevolently.

"We'll see about that. We'll see."

code:

▲▲⌂⌂⌂......π⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑↑+d~„~~~~~.. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~σαD~≡~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ≡~~~~~~......... ↑↑.⌂▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~~

"I am sorry Kailith, but it can not be done. We do not have the power to do such a thing." the priest was pacing around the tent has he spoke. "We would all die in the process! Surely that's what will happen!"

Kailith shook his head and scrubbed his dark facial hair.

"That is what will happen, yes. But only if you do not attempt it. We can not defeat them. Not with our current numbers. Our only hope is to delay them until the army from the City of Sands arrives. When they were spying on us in the desert, Gregnar assisted us then. You know he will give us that power again, we only to enact the Change Magic."

The priest remained silent looking at the ground in thought.

"Kailith, if this what you truly want... yes, I will try to assemble a meeting with the rest of the priests. I can not promise anything, but if you feel we need such a defense, we will try our best."

And with that, the priest bowed and departed.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

Hermatus mumbles to himself.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠══╦════π .÷..└──┐...♣.U.≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈.......... .↑.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~
♣≈%♥%⌂⌂π...A≡─╫─ ─≈≈≈──┐♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂ ⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲
.♣≈≡≈──╫───┘♣♣♣♣ ♣≈@♣♣♣└─┘♣♣..≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....⌂⌂.⌂⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

Yammish sung, "Row, row, row yer boat, gently acrossthelake, la dee la dee- ark!" The boot hit him in the stomach. "Heyheyhey! Who threw that?" Nobody said anything. "Dont let it happenagain!"

The bridge was simply a series of logs lain over the river, but it would provide passage for now. Jencull and his carpenters marched back to the fortress. The whole of the east still waited, but for now he would stay put.

The marksdwarf squad (of six) reached the coyote camp. Each wore multiple layers of pigtail cloth over which they had a copper studded vest. Each carried a bronze shortsword and a copper crossbow loaded with bronze bolts. They also wore copper caps. "Already lads, crossbows up, safty catch off, fire!"

Kylken watched, now with a spyglass he could see the battle more clearly. The dwarves were certainly at a tactical disadvantage, the strange beasts were fortified behind their wagons. Though to him it didnt really matter who won, Armok wasnt picky, and if he truely wanted to exterminate them, he had the troops to do so anyway. With a grin he continued watching.

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »

"So this is how they'll play, is it?"

The squad began to regroup after the first volley. Most of the bolts had missed or been deflected, but two of the skirmishers had sustained moderate injuries, and both would have to sit out this fight. The captain turned to the line of crossbows and gave the order.

"First volley, by twos! Make ready...FIRE!"

ten bolts sail through the air towards the approaching dwarves.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2008, 07:31:00 pm »

(I hate myself for not having time for this, the RP and writing is wonderful!  :( )
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fenrir

« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>(I hate myself for not having time for this, the RP and writing is wonderful!   :( )</STRONG>
You've said nothing else for a week or two. What's going on, Armok?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2008, 11:24:00 pm »

code:

♣≈%♥%⌂⌂π...┌──╫A ≡≈≈≈──┐♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂ ⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲

The Aegeans pass silently underneath the bridge, unmolested by the dwarves who were now preoccupied with the coyote...  people.

As bolts changed sides across the battlefield, the Aegeans changed sides of the bridge, making their way farther down the river.

They now found themselves at a small lake hidden inside the forest.   The trees at the water's edge held a silent vigil over the calm waters, and also served to shield the dark inner forest from view.  The branches moved gently back and forth in the cool breeze, acting as a magician's hand to distract the watchers and draw attention from anything that might be looking out from within the forest's embrace.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2008, 10:03:00 am »

One dwarf fell instantly with a pierced brain. Another collapsed with a punctured lung. The rest of the bolts seemed to fly straight over their heads or fall short. "Regroup!" At the order the marksdwarves grouped around the dwarf with a punctured lung, pulling back their crossbows. "Fire! Dint make Hermatus frown on ye!"
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2008, 01:53:00 pm »

Three crossbowmen fall to the dwarve's volley.

"Damn! Alright, crossbows, ready another volley. Skirmishers, rush them on my command."

"Ready?"

"NOW!"

Seven more bolts are loosed, and the eight remaining soldiers charge towards the dwarves.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 02, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »

[OOC]Not much to say today.  The rest of the army gathers in the city, a small ballista is built on top of the keep, and the wall is completed and is getting reinforced.  Attack plans are being made but nothing is decided yet.

code:

▲▲⌂⌂⌂......π⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑↑+~~„~~~~~.. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~σα~~~~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ≡~~~~~~≡........ ↑↑.⌂▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~~
♣≈%♥%⌂⌂π...┌──╫A ≡≈≈≈──┐♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂ ⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 02, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »

code:

▲▲⌂⌂⌂......π⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑↑+~~„~~~~~.. .⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~σα~~~~..~.... ↑.⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~~~~
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ≡~~~~~~≡........ ↑↑.⌂▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~~~
♣≈%♥%⌂⌂π...┌──╫─ ─A≡≈──┐♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂ ⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲^▲▲

Yagesh taps a few claws on the board impatiently.  Waiting for these lesser beings to move can be quite annoying at times.  Images of his soon-to-be citadel swim about in his mind, but he will have to wait until his people actually reach the site.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22