Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread  (Read 45799 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2008, 02:11:00 am »

"Hermatus..."

The deep voice almost croaked from the corner of the table where the gods sat at their game, nudging the mortal creatures as pawns on a chessboard, their fragile destinies resting entirely upon the whims of the gods above.

"What intentions have you of my people, Hermatus?   Do you seek blood to stain the waters below that construction of yours?  For if you do, I assure you it will be the blood of dwarves, not aegeans."

The large, slightly fish-like eyes blinked with translucent lenses to keep them moist.  The fine spines along his back raising and lowering to accomodate each other's position as the god shifted in his seat.

"My people deserve a true home, Hermatus.  They will not be denied this.  Not by land, not by beast, and most certainly not by you.  State your answer."

[OOC] I am, admittedly, unsure of your intentions.  If it is to be war, I would gently remind you that the elders are thick-scaled creatures twice the size of a human, with sharp claws and no inherent need for their outward eyes.

If it's to be trade relations, I would remind you that they're not currently carrying anything other than the food some of the more well-prepared members brought for the trip.  Once they reach their destination, the treasures of the deep will more than certainly be viable for trade, but there aren't even any entertainingly smooth river-stones here, as it's essentially a water-filled trench spawn via divine intervention.  Until I figure out what's going on, I can't make my move, since I won't know what to write. [/OOC]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »

Hermatus looks up from his mug. "Wha? Oh, well I do enjoy a bit o' battle here and there, yah, but ye must remember these are dwarves. Come on, dont tell me ye haven' heard o' dwarves before! They aint exactly good listeners yah know, the high priest is too busy cackling to take notice o' my every whim!"

"... His cackling pleases me. 'Ey dont look at me like that! Kylken is a great cackler, one o' the best, thats why he's high priest you know. A dwarf that knows how ta cackle is a dwarf that knows how to lead! As soon as he stops demanding 16 +clay idols+ he'll get down to business!"

"Still, I aint about ta blow up a fine piece o' dwarven architecture just cause you decided ta be mister grumpy-cakes, hah!... You know I should probably get me some grumpy-cakes, I hear they're rather good. Hey Fenrir, tell the new cook ta make a couple-ah grumpy-cakes. While your at it tell 'im to make more beer too!"

(OOC: Intentions, Hermatus has not. A game played by gods tends not to benefit the mortals who're in it. Be it dwarf, aegean or werewolf, blood for the blood god! Armok shall be pleased, as soon as he gets back to this thread... One more thing, lets try make it dramatic!)

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »

*listening to the conversation Armoks smile grows wider*

(OOC: Hopefully tomorrow. maybe. DAMN why do I always lack time.)

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »

*listening to the conversation Armoks smile grows wider*

(OOC: Hopefully tomorrow. maybe. DAMN why do I always lack time.)

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »

Youh glances over at Hermatus and Yagesh and quietly tells his subjects to head to the sea and begin fishing operations.  

The "Big fish" will probably be quite aggravated by the time they get there. So sooner the dracon get to the sea, the more fish they can catch before risking trouble.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂.♣♣.♣.♣│~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲^ ▲▲▲▲⌂..♣♣.♣┌──┘~ ~~~~↑↑~~~~~~~~~.
▲▲⌂⌂⌂....≡..⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑↑+~~¥~~~~~..
▲⌂⌂.π....≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~ ~~~~↑~~~~..~....
▲⌂......π≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~ ~~~~~D~.........
▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~~~ ~~~........~~...
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂║⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘..♣♣♣..~~. ......♣♣..~~~...
▲▲^▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│....♣♣..~.. ≈≈≈.....♣...~~..
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠══╦════≡ .≡..└──┐...♣.U.≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..........
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠π^π▲▲⌂⌂. ♣C.....└─┐...*≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....♣...
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲a║▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈▲≈≈≈≈≈.....♣.
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲║⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣. ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣│*...≈≈ ≈≈♣♣⌂≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣
..⌂%⌂⌂⌂║⌂⌂...☻♣w ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣┌┘♣.#.≈≈ ≈≈≈♣≈≈≈≈≈≈...♣..
♣≈%♥%⌂⌂π...┌─W── ─≈≈≈──┐♣│♣♣♣..≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂
.♣≈≈─A≡╫───┘♣♣♣w ♣≈@♣♣♣└─┘♣♣..≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....⌂⌂.⌂⌂▲
♣.♣♣..π♣..♣♣.♣♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣*≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..⌂▲▲▲⌂▲▲  

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2008, 11:07:00 am »

Hermatus drinks his beer impatiently. "Yagesh what in Our name is takin' so long? You've been in tha damn kitchen for hours." Looking at his empty mug he continues. "You better get out soon, or at least send another keg out."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2008, 11:41:00 am »

The great fish-lord blinks a couple times and then gargles something unintelligible.

code:

▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~~~ ~~~........~~...
.♣≈≈───╫A≡─┘♣♣♣w ♣≈@♣♣♣└─┘♣♣..≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....⌂⌂.⌂⌂▲

Arise, children.

The water of the river swelled around the Aegeans, flooding over the banks and pushing the party down the river at a higher rate.  Ahead they saw the foundation pillars of a large stone bridge that blocked the passage through the water.

The Aegeans rose to the surface of the river, fins and spines seeming to sprout up like grass from the roiling water's surface, and advanced.  They were headed to the land promised to them by their god.  They were headed towards a freedom they had never known, and treasures beyond their belief.  They were not to be stopped so early in their blessed path.

The surge of determination that arose from every Aegean's faith swelled their chests as they progressed towards the bridge.

The dwarves stationed on the bridge heard the rumblings of the river behind them, and looked up to see the juggernaut of water rushing towards them, the strong shapes of the Aegeans rushing along underneath it.  But not underneath for long.

The surge of water crashed into the bridge, sweeping a few of the less attentive guards over the edge and into the river on the other side.  As the water moved over the bridge, so did the Aegeans swim down to get speed, and then rocketed themselves upward, shooting over the bridge in a scaled arch, shadowing most of the bridge duw to the sheer number of them.

Some of the more zealous of them grabbed at guards as they flew over, sometimes carrying the dwarf along through sheer might, taking them over the edge to be ripped apart in the water's cold embrace.  Others simply crashed into guards, tussling with them as water-slick claws dug into dwarven flesh, as they were too taken aback to draw their weapons in time.

Some of the guards did manage to regain their senses after some time, and loaded their crossbows to fire upon the creatures.  However, most of the group was out of range by then, carried downstream by the now-crimson water.  The only stragglers were some of the young, who did not yet possess the strength or agility to hurl themselves over the bridge, either swimming about or floating dazedly after failed attempts at clearing the bridge.

These the dwarves took their frustrations out on, and soon the water was tinted an even darker shade of red as the fresh blood mixed with that which had already been spilled.  The bridge, now fully above water again, would remain stained red by this event for years to come, a testament for all to see.

The group continued onwards, thinking thoughts of prayer for those too young to make it across.  Always moving closer to the land that had been promised them, the parents of those now dead silently mourning their loss.

[OOC] Right, hope you're happy.  Now lemme get back to forgetting to add "2EYES" to the body tokens of new creatures.  I was wondering why I couldn't see as far...[/OOC]

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

(You're a really good writer, Kagus.  :) I have really no good excuse being so late...  :( maybe tomorrow...)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »

(OOC: just need Fenrir to take his turn before I can take mine.)

Greentoes stormed up to the bridge where three heavily armoured dwarves were waiting. "What in Hermatai's name is going on!". The first guard looked uncertain, "Ah well ya see, the water sorta rose up like and, uh, these crazy fish things pulled some o' our guys in." Greentoes frowned, "I knew this river was trouble. Alright send someone upstream, I want to know the source of this cursed thing. Stop standing around, GET GOING!"

Kylken smiled when he heard the news. Hermatus was never a very bloodthirsty god, no, that was Armok's job. The cover of night would be good enough to collect his bounty, nobody would question him. Though if his devouts were to discover Armok... well, accidents can happen. "Uh sir, why are you grinning like that?" Oh crap he had forgot, quick to recover himself Kylken replied, "Nothing, nothing, just an insight into His glories. It happens every now and then, now leave me."

[ February 22, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

((OOC: I hope you don't mind my rather late entrance, but this just looks like too much fun to pass up))

Name: Gregnar
Spheres: Time, death, change
Race: Men of the Sand (Humans, essentially)
Civ: The Sands of Change
Site type: desert
Hero symbol: α
City of the Sands: denoted by a "§"

Gregnar walks into the room, shoving other gods out of his way. He leans over the table and then laughs malevolently.

"This game could do with some... change."

He sets down two figurines on the desert.

"Go forth my hero! Conquer this land with the Sands of Time!"

code:

▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~§α ~~~........~~...

Kailith stared back at the city he had grown to know so well, watching as the sand swirled around it like a great serpent. He hated to leave it. The knowledge that he would never return weighed deep on his heart, but he knew that he would have to make such a sacrifice if their cause was to be successful. In the end Gregnar would bless him and his companions with wealth beyond imagine.

He would be leading an expedition east, deeper into the great desert until they reached the edge of a forest. There a great temple would be built as Gregnar had wanted, and all the land would change to his will.

The hour was growing late now, and the sun was setting, painting the sky blood-red. In the quickly-dimming light one could still see the camels of the carvan, loaded with provisions. Kailith sighed, and turned his camel in the direction of his tent. Tomorrow they had a long trek ahead of them.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2008, 10:29:00 am »

(OOC: good to have you with us Gaul. Updated the key with your info. Still gota wait for Fenrir before I have my turn though... or not.)

Hermatus grunts at the new god and turns to Fenrir. "Fenrir take yer bloody turn will you? I cant move me piece before you!"

But even so, life for the mortals goes on, though rather distorted.

code:

▲▲⌂⌂⌂.....≡.⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~ ~~~↑↑+~~¥~~~~~..
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲╠══╦════π .≡..└──┐...♣.U.≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈..........

The boat was taking shape, using the bridge as a dock. Water was not dwarve's speciality, yet they were determined to try this out. Greentoes paced up and down the bridge. "Would you mind explainin' to me how tha hell this is going ta work? Metal doesnt exactly float ya know!"

The leading engineer, Yammish replied, "Ahyesyousee, ahem, you see we noticed something rather interesting, and that is air floats."

"Explain."

"Er, well right now its just speculation, but our theory is if we make a big tank of air, it will float on the water, thus we can make a boat out of metal!"

"Yah but-"

"We're using copper as it seems to be the lightest, and dont you worry Greentoes, il man the expedition myself, make sure nothingbadhappens- nothing bad happens."

"... Alright, wha'ever."

[ February 23, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲a╠π^π▲▲⌂⌂. ♣C.....└─┐...*≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....♣...
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....├───≈≈≈ ≈≈≈▲≈≈≈≈≈.....♣.
.♣≈≈───╫──A≡♣♣♣w ♣≈@♣♣♣└─┘♣♣..≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈....⌂⌂.⌂⌂▲

The Aegean group moves onwards, carried swiftly down the river by the remaining pressure of the surge, although it had mostly subsided by now.  The water has cleared since the encounter at the bridge, but there is still the lingering scent of blood in the water, a metallic tang that cannot be fully ignored, regardless of how entrance the Aegeans are by the ever-shortenening distance between them and their destiny.  One of the younger Aegeans scraped his leg badly while jumping over the bridge, and is clawing himself along the sides and bottom of the trench to favor his wounded leg, appearng almost like some strange underwater version of a dog.

The realm still rests easy, as no true conflict has stricken it as of yet.  However, the age of innocence is ending quickly, and soon the lands will ashen vales of forgotten heroes and remembered sorrows.  For gods are not the noble creatures they style themselves as, and those who follow in their paths can only be led down the same road of doom as the great entities themselves.

Fenrir

« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »

code:

(OOC: Sorry! I've been busy. One of the things keeping me busy was Serkib, and version 2.0 has been released. It now makes translation files for DF! Head over to my blog to get it.)

Fenrir's great yawn threatens to consume all present as he rises from his slumber once again. "Terribly sorry," he says.

Quagh peers through the thick undergrowth. "There's but a few of them," he whispers to the werewolf beside him, "They must be mere scouts." No man nor dwarf would have heard the whisper, for only the ears of a wolf can detect its nearly inperceptable volume. The other werewolf nodded. "We need not wait for the others," he says, louder this time. Quagh's silent tone rises to a howling shout as he cries "Now!" At his signal, a dozen werewolves spring from the trees and rush the dwarven party.

(OOC: I'll need to know how many dwarves are there (I assumed there were seven, so please correct me if need be) and how they are equipped.)

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2008, 02:48:00 pm »

Gregnar suddenly wakes, putting a quick end to his loud snoring. He seems to have aged greatly in that short time period (for a god, at least); his face is wrinkled, his eyes seemed to lie deep in his skull, and his beard had become even longer.

Moving his arm slowly over the table, he picks up his piece and moves it deeper into the desert.

"Mortals... so weak." he says, and then goes back to his slumber.

code:

▲¤▲⌂⌂..π☼π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲$⌂..│...♣.♣.~§~ α~~........~~...

Kailith squinted, looking into the distance with his brown eyes. The sun had been shining brightly above them, and even their silk turbans could not keep it from burning holes into their retinas. He and four companions were on top of a tall sand dune, each one mounted on a desert camel, watching the caravan slowly march forward.

"This is going slowly. Much too slowly. Gregnar demands we quicken our pace."

Cariph, a young, fiery warrior of great ability, was quite suprised by this.

"Faster?! But how, o great one?! They are already traveling as quickly as they can. The women and children... how will they keep up?"

Kailith remained silent for awhile, then, he leaned over and spoke to the young rider.

"Those who would die would be too weak to be of use to us. Only the strong will survive the Great Storm."

Caliph nodded, knowing that it was not his place to question the man. Kailith was the one descendant of their god, born and crafted from the desert sand by Gregnar himself, sent to lead them to glory.

"Now, then." he said, turning his camel to face his fellow warriors, "Go to each of your guards and tell them to begin a forced march. Reduce rations to one meal a day and only two stops for to disperse water. This all begins the first thing tomorrow."

And with that he departed, his camel galloping at full speed towards the front of the caravan.

The winds around them were picking up. A sandstorm was brewing.

[ February 23, 2008: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »

(OOC: there are 5 guards, one of those 5 is Jencull, the other 16 are migrants. Jencull and his troops are all wearing bronze chainmail over thick woolen shirts. They carry copper crossbows loaded with bronze bolts. Jencull has an iron battleaxe that was beaten into shape and sharpened rather than forged. Two of the guards have bronze shortswords and the other two have bronze battleaxes. On top of that they all have 2-3 copper throwing axes each.

As for the migrants, they all wear various wool and pigtail clothing. Most are unarmed except 2 woodcutters with large bronze axes and a farmer with a large bronze dagger. None of them have any combat expertise.

Be warned that Hermatus favours those who stand against unfavourable odds. With that I'll start the battle.)

All but Jencull jumped when they heard the howl, who fired his crossbow. The bolt tore into the hip of one of the werewolves causing it to stumble and fall. "What are you guys standin around fer, we're gettin rushed! 'n aim high, these things are big!"

The four other guards fired into closing werewolves, all the shots missed but one which struck one in the eye. While the four were pulling back their crossbows Jencull dropped his and took out a throwing axe. Before the four could load their bows the werewolves were upon them.

"Fools!" Screamed Jencull, "Ready yer melee!"

[ February 23, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22