Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Pokethulu turn 7 [let the good times roll!]  (Read 12238 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokethulu turn one [Questing for thulu]
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2010, 08:48:30 pm »

You guys are going to have fun.
That makes me suspicious, the F isn't a capital...
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2010, 10:27:27 pm »

Anyone know what timezone Bardum Idith is in? I'm just wondering, because most updates will be around 5:00 pm central time (U.S central mind you) and it'd be kind of convenient to know so I wouldn't be expecting posts at the wrong time.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2010, 12:20:17 am »

You guys are going to have fun.
That makes me suspicious, the F isn't a capital...
And you would run in FEAR if it was?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2010, 03:27:12 am »

Anyone know what timezone Bardum Idith is in? I'm just wondering, because most updates will be around 5:00 pm central time (U.S central mind you) and it'd be kind of convenient to know so I wouldn't be expecting posts at the wrong time.
Central Europe (UTC+1) :P

>Look for some plank fallen from the rotten houses to use as a weapon and search thulhu in the grass (whether I find a weapon or not)

I assume we have Shining Dodecahedrons to catch those beasts with, don't we?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2010, 08:41:18 am »

Central Europe (UTC+1) :P

>Look for some plank fallen from the rotten houses to use as a weapon and search thulhu in the grass (whether I find a weapon or not)

I assume we have Shining Dodecahedrons to catch those beasts with, don't we?
Yes, you do. Now, for the story!
Everyone agrees to split up until they all have a pokethulu.

Ranek walks up to the man with glowing orange eyes and greets him.
"Why hello! Aren't you a little cute one! To bad your in the cult, and are going to be destroyed in a way worse than death! but, my name is Trent. I used to be in the cult, and, after I was eighteen, decided to trade part of my soul to stay in tune with those devilish little rascals we call Pokethulu. Hmm. You seem to lack any. I can tell you're new at this, and I know a great place for you to learn more about the little things and unlock your true potential. Gather up your friends, and I'll show you the way there. Make sure you have a pokethulu first though.
It's pretty clear he's insane. He was twitching and gittering the entire time, and most adults avert their gaze when they see a pokethulu or cultist, and he seemed overly happy.

Cecilia walks outside the gate of the town, and searches for a half hour to find a pokethulu. She sees something rustling in the grass. Then, the slime puppy jumps at her! (A slime puppy is a puddle of slime with sort of a face) It starts to have a fit, swirling around and making grunts and screams, but Cecilia relizes it can do no harm to her. She kicks it, critically wounding it, despite it being a slime.

Bulum, meanwhile, sneaks into the bait shop, grabs a bag of Sothy munchums bait right in front of the shop keeper, and walks out. As it turns out, the shop keeper has near 5 centimeter cataracts. He entires a rotting, abandoned house, and sets the bait all over. He hides in the closet and waits. After fifteen minutes or so, a Bony retriever comes in through the back door, and starts chomping on the bait. Bulum grabs a coat rack from the closet and slowly creeps out in a way a something almost dead could only do, and the Bony retriever spots him, because wild thulu have skills like that, and the entire house creaks really loud when ever someone steps on anything. It howls to try and scare him, but he shrugs it off. Bulum swings with the coat rack, and hits for two damage.

Rosy follows Bulum for a ways, and manages to pry a plank off the house he enters. He walks out the gate, and into the grass, greeting Cecilia, seeing that she's searching on the other end of the field. You smell it long before you can see it. After it managse to crawl into view, you wish it hadn't. It's an Eldrip. It has a baited hook attached to it from another hook, and you try to pull it out. Eldrip jerks back and the hook is stuck in your hand. You are now trapped.

dragnar
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
eclipsetail
Bardum Idith:
Heug Head:
Bony retriever:
Slime puppy
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:51:32 am by blackmagechill »

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokethulu turn 2 [fish hook assailant]
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2010, 09:36:32 am »

Poor Heughead's name was spelled wrong again...

Guess I have no other choice that trying to break free. And hit the eldrip horror with the plank, if there happens to be enough time.
Rosy is a female name, by the way ;D

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2010, 09:45:11 am »

If I can, ignore the slime and continue looking

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2010, 09:50:25 am »

If I can, ignore the slime and continue looking
You're in combat until you capture it or the slime dies.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2010, 09:51:56 am »

Oh, okay.

Use injure to keep fighting.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2010, 10:00:42 am »

Attack it with my coat rack again!
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2010, 10:15:04 am »

I search for a pokethulhu in the water nearby. If there isn't any I'll just search the grass outside town.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2010, 12:08:51 pm »

Should I make a dude soon, or should I wait?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2010, 07:56:35 pm »

The slime puppy tries desperately to stay alive. And, thanks to Cecilia's deftly placed stomp, it doesn't succeed. She's still in the field, deciding what to do now.

Bulum, still locked in GLORIOUS COMBAT listens to the bony retriever howl again, which really comes off as an injured moan. He smacks it with his coat rack for five three damage. It is quite incapacitated now.

Rosy manages to pull the fish hook out of her hand and swats the eldrip for five damage.

Ranek says goodbye to Trent and walks by the dock in the town, and sits and waits for something to attack, which, by the look of the dock, something does. DAILY. He spost a pickle barrel floating in under the dock. He jumps through the hole near the end of the dock, down to the sand below. He opens up the barrel, and a pentacruel launches itself on his face and squeezes him with it's tentacles for 3 hitpoints (HP for humans is P.E. times three, capped at fifty.).

Next action?>

dragnar
eclipsetail
Bardum Idith:
Heug Head:
Bony retriever:

Pentacruel

Eldrip:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:23:10 pm by blackmagechill »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2010, 08:02:51 pm »

Capture that bitch!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2010, 08:03:41 pm »

Attack the pentacruel with the barrel it was in!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9