Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Mega-Primus defense (X-COM Apocalypse LP)  (Read 10243 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Mega-Primus defense (X-COM Apocalypse LP)
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2010, 09:59:12 am »

Under no circumstance should any of us go in without a full Megapol Armor set. Don't bother with the Marsec Armor, they're more expensive, and provide less protection(albeit it's lighter). Only the torso is significant, because of the flight ability, but that only turns you into an airborne target later on.

Actually, mutants usually have abysimal strength, so they greatly benefit from the lighter Marsec armor when available.  Otherwise, mutants won't have enough TU to keep up with the rest of the team, as heavy equipment relative to strength decreases TU.  But I totally agree that everyone needs full armor, no matter how heavy it might be.
We're playing Real-Time mode. I've never had any significant problems with heavy-armored mutants keeping up with the rest of the squad in RT mode.
And in any case, I usually hack the savefiles and give everyone teleporters anyway. *cough*
actually yes i seen overloaded soldiers take a reaction penalty when im telling them to fricking move.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2010, 06:13:35 am »

Can I still join, or at least go on the waiting list?
name: M163-14B

stats: High health and bravery, decent reactions, ok accuracy, whatever stamina and strength

preferred equipment: whatever you need most, plus melee and a high explosive

preferred ride: APC is fine

species: Android

bios: Designed to be front line infantry, M163-14B was bored, stuck doing security work. Until the the aliens turned up and attacked the building it was assigned to guard, giving it the chance to do what it was meant to do. Armed only with a pistol, it fought bravely, killing a large portion of that group of invaders, and thanks to its actions, many people were able to escape who would have otherwise been killed. Eager to be of more help, it asked to join X-Com and they were glad to accept it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:56:28 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2010, 02:05:38 pm »

Can I still join, or at least go on the waiting list?
name: M163-14B

stats: High health and bravery, decent reactions, ok accuracy, whatever stamina and strength

preferred equipment: whatever you need most, plus melee and a high explosive

preferred ride: APC is fine

species: Android

bios: Designed to be front line infantry, M163-14B was bored, stuck doing security work. Until the the aliens turned up and attacked the building it was assigned to guard, giving it the chance to do what it was meant to do. Armed only with a pistol, it fought bravely, killing a large portion of that group of invaders, and thanks to its actions, many people were able to escape who would have otherwise been killed. Eager to be of more help, it asked to join X-Com and they were glad to accept it.
see the coolest thing about this game as that this bio would make sense. your hired!

BEGINNING OF THE END: FRIDAY

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2010, 11:20:31 am »

well i got some bad news, ill be leaving for Texas on thursday and won't be coming back until monday but this gives me time to tweak my laptop for less game crashes.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2010, 11:38:35 am »

You can use DOSBox to run it, I think taht would be much more stable.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2010, 11:58:13 pm »

You can use DOSBox to run it, I think taht would be much more stable.
you don't understand its a AMD k6 550MHz with 256mb RAM and a busted cooling fan.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 02:13:28 am »

Maybe you haven't seen the severe advantage that flying and firing explosive autocannon rounds gives you, especially early in the game. It turns all those (numerous) near misses into hits.

Also, I wanna join after you get access to rocket launchers and mini launchers. Gimma one of those! Guided tracking heavy damage weapons? Ohhhhhh yeeeaaaahhhhh....

I always do Cult of Sirius in turn based. Because I'm a sadist and I enjoy walking right up to a COS and firing 10 rounds into him at point blank. (on full auto, 10 rounds = 10 AP lol)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 06:59:04 pm »

I think bloodsheder's concern is more with angering the various factions of Mega Primus than with anything else.  Although, most factions can't do much if you anger them, except the occasional raid. 

And removal of that anger takes massive, constant bribes.

It is even possible to sign a ceasefire with the Cult of Sirius, if you keep bribing them whenever they ask.  They're still hostile, but their vehicles won't shoot at you on the city map.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 10:55:03 am »

I think bloodsheder's concern is more with angering the various factions of Mega Primus than with anything else.  Although, most factions can't do much if you anger them, except the occasional raid. 

And removal of that anger takes massive, constant bribes.

It is even possible to sign a ceasefire with the Cult of Sirius, if you keep bribing them whenever they ask.  They're still hostile, but their vehicles won't shoot at you on the city map.
na i just hate the Sirius cult cause they annoy me during the ufo raids. plus by blowing those guys away we can get some access to weapons not available to the market yet.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2010, 12:40:44 pm »

I was mainly talking about the benefits of flying chestplates from marsec, actually.

Anyhow, Early game, do NOT irritate your weapon suppliers. They will stop selling you stuff! NEVER irritate Transtellar or the taxi companies. You won't be able to have people or items transported anymore! Do not irritate the government. They will stop paying you. Do not mess with mutant alliance or the android thing or you can't hire those guys. All in all, quite a number of people you want to like you. Quite a number you couldn't care less about.

Forget about the PUNY 100-200 worth of damage that your people do with explosive weapons within the battlescape. They WILL do FAR more collateral damage during the firefights with the UFOs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2010, 02:55:38 pm »

Forget about the PUNY 100-200 worth of damage that your people do with explosive weapons within the battlescape. They WILL do FAR more collateral damage during the firefights with the UFOs.
I'll confirm this. I've had people go nuts with mini-launchers before, and I think I've only seen relation deteriorate with only one group, and I'm not too sure if it was from the launcher-happy.

As for groups...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2010, 08:42:22 pm »

aww shit i forgotten this.... (works real hard to start up with something). sorry guys i just been busy looking for a job and stuff to do other than my computer.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2010, 09:31:46 am »

Was sure this died a horrible death in some undisclosed location... but expected, considering all the other Apoc LPs I post at died.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2010, 01:06:37 am »

Use dosbox. Mutant alliance is made up of sectoid-human hybrids.  (it's all in the manual).  And most importantly, don't overload your mutants.  They take major speed penalties.  The best guns in the game are the toxiguns, but before that, pistols are way better than anything else.  Use aimed fireing mode for anything that isn't next to them.  Trust me, I'm an expert.  (Auto-fire pistols can empty entire clips in seconds)
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2010, 04:34:19 am »

Name: Jean Dujardin

Stats: Agile and Accurate

Preferred equipment: Rifle

Preferred ride: Like to act as a sniper, so walking discreetly, but may join a team in a light vehicle to provide fire support.

Specie: Human

Bio:Jean Dujardin was serving as a private in the 12th Afghan War (Man, when will governments learn to leave those guys alone?) with the French Légion Etrangère. After serving his terms, he realized he liked it so much that he had to continue fighting. Since them, he has been in most wars, acting as a solo sniper (He cannot stand the Red Tape of standard armed forces). However, the appeal of fighting the aliens was so great that he joined X-COM.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5